Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The ability to rename levers so you don`t pull the wrong one by accident.  (Read 1195 times)

greatwhite36968

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is all...hopefully would not be that difficult to implement..

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile

Why not use the 'N'ote feature? It places a one-tile note that you can name and use to mark your levers. They are only visible when you are in the note menu though.

Kalrirr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For me that's part of the fun that is DF. Accidently releasing the magma of doom instead of retracting a certain bridge.
Death before dishonour

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes

That is all...hopefully would not be that difficult to implement..

Frankly, I would like to be able to nickname pretty much everything ... animals, items, furniture, rooms ...

Ability to "tag" stuff is quite usefull when you want to organize something.

Grumman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For me that's part of the fun that is DF. Accidently releasing the magma of doom instead of retracting a certain bridge.
This is a Bauxite lever. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Copper.
On the item is an image of Donttouch the Bauxite lever in Copper. Donttouch is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are burning.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

This is a Bauxite lever. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Copper.
On the item is an image of Donttouch the Bauxite lever in Copper. Donttouch is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are burning.
Hehehe, that's splendid, mister!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The gremlin is laughing.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

TKTom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Core99 is writing. I think I heard something about this being used for written warnings and the like. As for nicknaming all currently named entities, that sounds good to me and thoroughly doable.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a Bauxite lever. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of Donttouch the Bauxite lever and dwarves in Copper. Donttouch is surrounded by the dwarves. The dwarves are burning.

Slightly tweaked to be closer to how it shows up in game, but still - heh, I like.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

atomfullerene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

While I like the idea of nicknaming everything, I also enjoy arranging my levers in a control room with appropriate demonstrations of what they do.  For example, my volcano currently has 5 vents which I can cause to spew magma.  The levers are arranged around a 3*3 map of my mountain with green glass floodgates covering the sectors that I can flood.  Pull the lever and the magma is released, but the floodgate also disappears, revealing a red tile representing the magma's location.