Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, now a Barony!)  (Read 7157 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Losisrakust; FaintTombs (Community Fort, this time with wildlife?!)
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2010, 02:29:35 pm »

Magma is too far away. Go with the charcoal-bars thing.

But on the other hand digging deeper means caverns which means chopchop, so I'm a bit conflicted.

:D
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:51 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 15th of Galena, 1502.

Okay, everyone else is busy, so it looks like I'll have to make these bars myself.

First I had to design the furnaces (In my room, unfortunately.), then drag up wood, and stone, you get the point. The point is, it's a lot of work I could have avoided if other people weren't so lazy! Worst of all, while I was busy with this, some joker proclaimed himself sheriff, so now I have to go dig out some jail cells. Argh!

Elsewhere in the fortress:
The rangers, seeing how many animals are able to be tamed, set up a makeshift kennel.

Black-Hat took the lead in taming the horses.

Elsewhere over there!
Id, unable to bear the disorder of the fortress any longer, takes over the role of sheriff! She begins making demands that Ziril has no time to take into account!

OUTSIDE, a caravan approaches!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2010, 03:46:34 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 15th of Galena, 1502.
Montresor finished his creation, and finally came out of his trance!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Maybe now he can help everyone carry crafts to the trade depot?

The dog I put up for adoption was adopted by Kadol the bonecarver, but it seems that Fita liked the dogs I assigned to her just as well.

Derm's slaughter-lust does not go unnoticed, or unappreciated.

There are many figurines that run along the lines of this one. I wonder what that titan looks like? Fita obviously knows her history better than I do.

This is how Chuckbitter got his name. We still haven't buried her...

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2010, 04:06:37 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 22nd of Galena, 1502.
The humans arrived, unexpected, but they didn't bring anything worth writing home about.
We picked up a donkey, some cloth, and some leather, and made sure the merchants went away happy.

Afterwords, I got started on the sheriff's accommodations.

(Argh I wish some nobles would show up. Still don't have enough dwarves for that...)

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2010, 09:53:55 am »

(I'm at work now so I can't work on the next part yet, but I was wondering what kind of construction I should do that's just for flavor. I've thought of a theatre, a sculpture garden with a waterfall, or even an aquarium. Any thoughts/ideas?)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2010, 09:57:33 am »

Sculpture garden. It technically has more use and it has much more potential for Fun.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2010, 10:26:35 am »

A Sun-deck made of gold near the top of mountain.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2010, 12:42:47 pm »

A Sun-deck made of gold near the top of mountain.

A giant golden balcony.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2010, 02:50:12 pm »

I'm in favor of a temple to Armok made of red stones. Put in a sacrificial pit and extend it over time until it eventually terminates over the great magma sea.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2010, 05:04:21 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 21st of Limestone, 1502.
I had a dream last night.

The sun extended a beam, and touched the top of our mountain. Three golden dwarves danced down the beam. Then, both the beam and dwarves solidified, forming a golden balcony with three golden statues.

So I started a project based on that dream.
It starts at the 'main' level, with a little bit on the 'pasture' floor, and extends 27 floors up, to the lowest and nearest peak.

At the top, there's some gypsum. I'm thinking of a roughly circular pattern, with three golden statues, once we find some magma for the furnaces.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2010, 05:54:20 pm »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 26th of Sandstone, 1502.
The zombie goats were stirring up trouble again, so I had the recruits go out to get some battle experience. Derm was a glory hog, however, so no one else got any kills.

Fita is churning out masterpieces at an astounding rate, let's take a look at some of her latest works!
Silverfish brute...Chuckbitter...Haunt of Ash...That titan, killing people...
Same old, same old. I think she needs some inspiration...

Well, at least someone got inspired.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »

CHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPchopchopchopchopchop...chop...chop....

(Incidentally, if you say, look, or spell a word repetidly it starts looking... wrong. Say door about fifty times and you start wondering whether its a real word On another note, If I die, I am so going to haunt your ass. If i need glass or metal just put up a woodburner real quick.)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2010, 09:46:09 pm »

CHOPCHOPCHOPCHOPchopchopchopchopchop...chop...chop....

(Incidentally, if you say, look, or spell a word repetidly it starts looking... wrong. Say door about fifty times and you start wondering whether its a real word On another note, If I die, I am so going to haunt your ass. If i need glass or metal just put up a woodburner real quick.)

CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP. CHOP.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TALLPANZER

• Bay Watcher
  • entity_TALLPANZER.txt
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2010, 02:33:15 am »

From the journal of Black-hat, 22 of limestone, 1502
I smiled when I heard the plans for the great pillar of gold. Three statues of gold shall be placed on top. It will be great shining testament to the world of power of dwarf' engineering. This dream Ziril had was set by Stibmer Apesglows, THE GOLDEN SUN! here in the most incredible land of Losisrakust, we shall not run from the sun! Ney we shall embrace it and open are borders to trade from all corners of Athira Ametha, and we will trade them the cheese of Unicorns! Man, this is some good highland grass, we need grow more of this. Well back to the cattle and the block, those cats won't cut upprepare them selves for the cook.
"So while a handful of psychopaths in lab coats are turning Japan into a land of mythological beasties to bang, the USSA's drowning in stupidity, China doesn't exist anymore, and Canada's just sitting there waiting for all this shit to blow over so they can go back to being Canada. Oh, and South Korea think they're Zerg now." <-Slag explains fallout in a nutshell

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2010, 10:59:16 am »

The following is an excerpt from Ziril Kuletatol's life, 26th of Timber, 1502.

Unicorns acquired: 11
Balconies completed: 0
Artifacts created: 3
The latest one:

Worth 77400 DB!
That reminds me, Corpses buried: 0/1
I need to get to work on that. I have the coffin, just not the space...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8