Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Dwarf Saga [RTD] Turn 4: Stupid, stupid, stupid!  (Read 7285 times)

Takos_360

• Bay Watcher
  • I am the Tako.
    • View Profile
The Dwarf Saga [RTD] Turn 4: Stupid, stupid, stupid!
« on: April 25, 2010, 03:08:19 pm »

Okey, looks like it finally started. Time for some action(s)!

Basically this will be little like Dwarf Fortress. Atleast the stuff i heard from it.
"Burning dwarfes, drowning dwarfes and possibly the two at the same time."
It can will be very random so feel free and do Awesome actions maybe resulting in Awesome Turns.  :o

Keep in mind that this is my first RTD/story telling thing EVER.
It will probably take some turns and time to make it good, if it ever will be.
Oh and it will be an adventure rtd, not dwarf fortress.

The time difference will probably be weird so ill make the turns whenever i can. I live in Sweden.
On another note i will join myself. Now how weird isnt that? I will keep it fair tho and not take advantage.

5 slots open for now so i can keep track of it all.

Name:
Gender: (ofc you can be a freak without one but i mean come on...)
Race: (preferably some kind of dwarf race but ill accept others, just not to far fetched)
Ability: (Anything Goes almost anything. +1 in roll)
Type: (what type of person you are)

Player List (5/5):
Meanmelter [Meanmelter]
Nil [Faden]
Vincent [VincValentine]
Jets [Jetsquirrel]
Michael [Takos_360]

Waiting List (3/?):
Alexander Kirby [ExKirby]
Urist McBatista [Batista]
Kamina [Spartan 117]

The Dwarf City
Named Udirgisk after its snake like shape and famous coal mines.
  Located at the feet of a mountain climbing upwards on it's side it is a really stunning sight for any mortal to behold. There is a saying that the first time you see Udirgisk you will stare at its beauty for hours to come.
  In the town itself there is a hugh amount of trading shops, but mostly not because of the many people coming to trade, but because of the many dwarfes starting stupid fights breaking every damn one of them.
  The coal mines go deep through the whole inside of the mountain creating a vast labyrinth only the skilled dwarf miners know how to navigate in. Any stranger trying to go in there will probably be trapped for days before he's found.
  Outside the stunning city there is a large old forest hiding many secrets. Legends say that there are many old and strange magic creatures in it and the one who dares to enter never comes back. Although the inhabitants of the city say it's just to scare the children none dares to enter.

Meanmelter: As you get down from your favorite lookout at the highest part of the city (being a Mountain Dwarf and all) you head towards your home for a long earned nap. Holding your old Pickaxe tightly you found when you were only a youngster you head home. Then you notice it has become quite dirty and probably need a cleaning. Changing course you head down towards the trading shops.

Nil: Because this was your day off and you hadn't taken a bath for over a month you thought you should head out of the coal mine and go bash some trading shops... and take a bath. Walking towards the exit of the mine you put on your Sun Goggles. You needed them because your eyes were so ultra sensitive against light after being down in the dark for so long and never left without them. You never know what could happen.

Vincent: Stumbling out from the shadowy forest into the bright midday sun you have to hold your hand above your face to not get blinded. You try and look around and then spot the huge city. Never seen it before you stand there for a minute of two just shocked. Then you get your senses back and again feel the hunger in your belly. Seeing so many people walking in and out from the city there atleast got to be some food for you to take. Thinking this is a great opportunity you head for the main gate in your robe. If you didnt have the robe there would be no way for you to get in because of your odd appearance. People would stare. *chills* You got the remember to thank the human you took it from.

Jets: Finally entering the main gate of Udirgisk you leave your long journeybehind you.
This is what you wanted. A new start, in a new place, far far away. Even though you only walked half a mile and the only danger you were in was a barking dog, you still feel like it was epic and totally worth it.
Heading in the only direction you can think of you walk forward. You will probably be ending up in the town market as the traders walk side to side with you in the same direction. Maybe you should get a weapon? Now that would be cool.

Michael: Coming out from the house you stayed the night in you stretch and sigh thinking it was so worth it using your earth bending skills to create it. Hungry as you are you walk towards the market for a snack with your old sturdy staff, going deep in thought as always. "I wonder how to make those delicious pancakes mother always made..." Anyhow you collide with the people you meet and it doesn't take you long to tumble into a dwarf. He gave you an angry stare and rolled up he's sleeves. But by now that has to be the 100th time you do that and quickly say your sorry and give him a silver coin. Nothing works better than a little money in this town. Even though that was your last one...

Intro.
After everyone arrive at the town center most of you look at all the shiny wares and a few go to get some food. After walking around minding your own business you all feel something strange, almost... evil? Then every person on the street suddenly falls to the ground unconsious. Looking around you all notice eachother being the only people not affected. Starting to walk towards eachother you then hear a high peeping sound tearing through your ears and you all fall to the ground in pain, also you now unconsious.
Some time pass and one by one you all start to wake up. Now the question remains, what happend?

It's time to post some actions! :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:00:35 am by Takos_360 »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarf Saga [RTD] Intro.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:19 pm »

Hello, I am also making a first Rtd kind thing, it can be stressful,but I reccomend you organize things in your first post such as a player.
Anywho, I am in...

Name:Meanmelter
Race: Mountain dwarf, It is a sub-race of dwarfs, if we are not doing a sub-race, then just Dwarf.
Abillity:See-through-rock, allows me to see rocks and natural resources around me when I am mining.
Miner/Pickaxe: I will mine, and Fight with my Pickaxe.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:00:14 pm by Meanmelter »
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Faden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 03:40:24 pm »

Name: Nil
Race: Deep Dwarf; has never been above ground, sensitive to bright light.
Bonus: Can build anything out of stone. ANYTHING.
Type: Mason/Engraver: Uses her bare hands to fight. Fights quite often, just to show off. Often starts fights in inappropriate situations, such as when buying groceries. When she is not fighting, she enjoys defacing public property and building bridges to nowhere.

(Better?)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:55:45 pm by Faden »

Takos_360

• Bay Watcher
  • I am the Tako.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 03:44:56 pm »

Stop posting so fast ppl! I appreciate it but i can't even get started and "explain" more how it works.  :D

Just to clearify, this is not gonna be like Dwarf Fortress like many probably will think. I said that mostly because what i heard from friends its very fun, random, and the dwarfes go crazy and die. hehe
It will probably be more like an adventure starting in Dwarf Fortress continuing to the unknown.

And for Type it is what personality the character has.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:46:36 pm by Takos_360 »

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 03:47:41 pm »

Let's see how you'll do this Tako. I'll be here to tutor you. :D
Also, opening post stealer. >.>

Name: Vincent
Race: Beastman; Half human and half wolf. Basically has wolf ears, tail and nose.
Ability: Can conjure up and control steel.
Type: Behaves like a wolf. So he doesn't like cats and smells stuff to find out what it is. He's generally a nice guy and likes to help, but when fighting he's ruthless and won't hesitate to kill his opponent.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 04:22:51 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 03:51:28 pm »

Name: Jets
Race: Human
Bonus: Lighting User and big needles thrower
Type: Jets is a human that can somehow control lighting itself, many do not know how. He combines this with his arts to throw Big Needles very fast to kill hi opponent quickly apart from that he may be annoying and act childish

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 04:00:52 pm »

Name: Jets
Bonus: Lighting User and big needles thrower
Type: Jets is a human that can somehow control lighting itself, many do not know how. He combines this with his arts to throw Big Needles very fast to kill hi opponent quickly apart from that he may be annoying and act childish
Due to your scary arson, we should be friends.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Takos_360

• Bay Watcher
  • I am the Tako.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 04:05:27 pm »

Name: Michael
Ability: Earth Bender
Type: Usually sleepy and think much. Dont surprise him tho or he can get a "mad-reflex".

Thats all. No more can join.
And i'll have to ask you all to change some things before we get started ( even tho if that is tomorrow).
Bonus was changed to Ability.
Jets, only one ability.
Faden, yes much better, thanks.  :D

Oh and no posting actions yet, please. Still fixing and setting up loads of stuff while having no time at all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 04:29:31 pm by Takos_360 »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 01:44:18 am »

Diving entry-because usually, the GM plays as NPCs.

Name: Alexander Kyrby
Race: Kirby
Ability: Inhaling people and copying their powa.
Type: Normal Erm... I can't really think of anything to put in here.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Takos_360

• Bay Watcher
  • I am the Tako.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 09:19:01 am »

Diving entry-because usually, the GM plays as NPCs.

Name: Alexander Kyrby
Race: Kirby
Ability: Inhaling people and copying their powa.
Type: Normal Erm... I can't really think of anything to put in here.
Sorry but you can't join, already full. I can put you on the waiting list though. :-\

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:29 pm »

Name: Urist McBatista
Race: Dwarf
Ability: [Passive] Uber fast learning  [Active] Proficient thrower    (If i can't have both I'll go with the first one)
Type: Intelligent, Extremely social and greedy, I will go beserk if I get stolen from, or if someone claims to be smarter than me

Waiting list I supose
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:23:32 pm by Batista »

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 04:35:55 pm »

Nice intro Tako, like my part especially.  :D
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 07:03:34 pm »

Name: Kamina
Race: Human Spiral Kamina
Ability: Manipulating the universe via a healthy mix of Spiral Energy, willpower, and fighting spirit.
Type: Hotblooded badass Determinator.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Determinator
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 02:56:04 pm »

I look around to see if there's any people other than us. See if I can find the cause of the sound-knockout thing. If I can't find anything I'll just create a pile of metal infront of me.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 03:00:11 pm by VincValentine »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 04:41:08 pm »

Due to being scared, I run towards the coal mine, realizing they dug strait ahead, i dig about a 4x4 room about 150 feet away from the mine, the only way into the room is a 3x1 hallway, which I channel to make sure no-one can waltz inside, and building a bridge when I feel the need to go outside.
Story of my life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5