Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: *Circus Freak* not dieing what do i do *spoilers*  (Read 1591 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
*Circus Freak* not dieing what do i do *spoilers*
« on: April 25, 2010, 01:54:51 pm »

I have a forgotten beast made of water i cut off its tail but its body is mangle and its not dieing what should i do!
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: *Circus Freak* not dieing what do i do *spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:56:28 pm »

dump it in lava, or trap it in a cage trap. that is about all you CAN do at this point. also, i don't think that forgotten beasts are spoiler material, or am i wrong?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 01:59:33 pm »

Im currently destroying the stairs leading to it, and i don't know if Forgotten beasts are spoilers, but better safe then sorry.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 02:30:15 pm »

Forgotten Beasts aren't any more spoilery than other Megabeasts like Dragons or Titans. I guess it doesn't hurt to be safe, but I certainly wouldn't call it HFS, which is usually what the circus alludes to(though I hate that anyway; I don't get why people call it the circus).

Anyway, there is a bug where inorganic monsters can't be killed unless they are decapitated or cut in half, and some monsters don't have a head or upper/lower body, so they're pretty much invincible. If your is humanoid, you can try dropping it down several z-levels and seeing if it gets sliced in half. If not, you can use magma or a cave-in, as lemon said. If you're fighting actual HFS instead of Forgotten Beasts, you're in even worse shape because HFS can fly(even the ones without wings) and are immune to magma. Cave-ins still work since they annihilate everything they hit, but they're not reusable and are difficult to engineer.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 05:24:38 pm »

Eh i died, I managed to seal off my blob of water the shot acid but my army and about half my dwarfs got stuck in the underground, then goblins invaded with High master everything. Translation I was screwed.

FellMoodFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 05:47:38 pm »

[Derail] I believe the 'circus' refers to the old edition where suddenly a massive swarm piles out of the hidden fun site in a manner much akin to clowns piling out of a clown car.  Since a large number of clowns makes a circus...
The denser the dwarf, the more likely he'll survive his stupidity.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 08:33:28 pm »

Clowns=Demons on the horrifying-o-meter. :'(
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

BitLooter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 11:44:08 pm »

While we're on the subject, do forgotten beasts avoid traps? And if so, could I capture one by knocking it into a cage trap with pressurized water?
Well really, if you can't be an insane Dwarven dictator hellbent on genociding Mermaids for their precious bones in a video game, where CAN you?

Seraph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 12:42:32 am »

Forgotten Beasts aren't any more spoilery than other Megabeasts like Dragons or Titans.
I'm going to disagree with you on that one. Dragons have been in previous versions, and Titans are mentioned when setting up a custom world. On the other hand Forgotten Beasts could be a suprise for an experienced player who hasn't been spoiled on the current version.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 04:57:06 am »

While we're on the subject, do forgotten beasts avoid traps? And if so, could I capture one by knocking it into a cage trap with pressurized water?
I'm reasonably sure that flying beasties avoid all traps, but I think that landloggers would trigger them as any decent megabeast does.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 09:08:11 am »

If Toady talks about it openly in the Dwarf Talks, it isn't spoiler material.  Toady openly talked about the changes to Titans and the what forgotten beasts were going to be. 

Stuff that you find from "digging too deep" is a spoiler since Toady was rather tight lipped.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Megabass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 09:45:39 am »

[Derail] I believe the 'circus' refers to the old edition where suddenly a massive swarm piles out of the hidden fun site in a manner much akin to clowns piling out of a clown car.  Since a large number of clowns makes a circus...

Not to mention how much FUN you'll be having once you crack into their lair.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 11:01:27 am »

I'm reasonably sure that flying beasties avoid all traps, but I think that landloggers would trigger them as any decent megabeast does.

Flying does not imply TRAPAVOID.  I've caught plenty of flying creatures in cage traps.  However I do think that Titans and Forgotten Beasts are hard coded to be TRAPAVOID.  I think the old stun/web/knockout rules still apply to TRAPAVOID, but I've not tested it.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Shrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 01:48:40 pm »

Not to mention how much FUN you'll be having once you crack into their lair.

To say nothing of their big red !!noses!! or floppy tentacles shoes!

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:51 pm »

The number of Demon types are in world parameters too, but they are still HFS.

Most FMB I have come up against have ended up in cage traps and on display.

One thing I set up but never tried was to have a floor 3z high supported by a support which led to a pit full of cage traps. In previous verisons you could trap things that had trapavoid if they were KO'ed. Either way, once it was in the pit it couldn't get out (unless it could fly) so I figured in the worst case all my dwaves would run to the "WTFPWND" burrow and pull the lever.