Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Having trust issues sucks.  (Read 4483 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Having trust issues sucks.
« on: April 25, 2010, 04:34:30 am »

That is all.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:03:22 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: Long-distance relationships suck.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 04:36:52 am »

Quote from: Pandarsenic
Long-distance relationships suck.

No shit, sherlock.

Elaborate?

Then again, in my younger innocenter years, I've had kind of a LDR too. Then it got awkard. Most likely a pedophile.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 04:55:39 am »

I'm a college freshman. I'm with a high school senior from my hometown. This isn't a carryover from high school, though - this happened around Spring Break. We agreed to do our best to work through the distance problems and crap, but I'm beginning to feel I underestimated the severity of the trust issues I've developed.

See, both the girls I've been with before her dumping me for other guys after a year, the second one having cheated on me before doing so. This has entirely predictable results.

So, a year and a quarter after... actually, for simplicity, timeline:

November 2007: Got with first girlfriend
December 2008: First dumpage, got with second girlfriend (terrible idea, I know. Shush. I've come to terms with that).
December 2009: Second dumpage
March 25, 2010: Now with third girlfriend.

She basically had the same thing done to her (one time only though). I know she would be straight-up about it if something were to happen, and that it probably won't, the simple fact is having this bullshit sprung on me out of nowhere is all I know. Like 95% of my relationship experience is being very suddenly dumped, possibly with a side of "You were cheated on." Most of the relationships I've seen around me have ended the same way. I'm at a point where I'm not exactly aware that there's a way for relationships to go other than that path; I know of them, but they're not exactly real to me. They're mythical ideas I have no experience with and no evidence of.

So... yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 05:02:43 am »

Well, not to be demoralizing, but most of the time, LDRs are doomed upfront.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Having trust issues sucks.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 05:03:42 am »

On reflection, thread title has been adjusted to better reflect the problem I'm really having.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pathos

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 05:16:26 am »

Sexy time is necessary for 90% of relationships.

dot12321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 10:17:23 am »

Indeed, trust issues suck. The rare times I have a girlfriend, I can't even believe her when she says, "I can't hang out today" or something along those lines, because I'm always getting fucked over and ditched by people.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 10:28:32 am »

You usually have trust issues with someone when,you know,you don't trust them.Regardless of how faithful you think someone is,in a long distance relationship you never really know.
Back in my college day's (didn't really go to college,but those years) i wasn't really looking for a long term thing.trust,all those things,took a backseat to "is she hot?".
Things have changed a lot since then.Trust,respect,compatibility,all necessary things for a relationship to work out.
I'll be honest,i don't know of a long distance relationship that actually worked out for anyone i know.Never tried it myself.In the end,it depends on how much someone is willing to do to be with you.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 01:52:54 pm »

This.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 02:01:19 pm »

What have you got to lose?
If you are dumped, that is a bad thing, that's true. But before November 2007, you had no girlfriend, and you were basically fine. If you are dumped and have no girlfriend again, that's bad, but it doesn't ruin your life. Think about it; you can still find joy in whatever you liked before you had a girlfriend. Maybe try not to think about getting dumped too much?
Anyway, getting dumped is all right. It may be that your girlfriends will dump you in the future. But that doesn't mean you can still enjoy the relationship. I mean, for almost everyone, every relationship (except their current one) has been a failure. And eventually, everyone dies. But they can still enjoy life and/or relationships while it/they last(s). So, even though you have trust issues, I don't think they have to mess up all your relationships.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 02:58:53 pm »

That's what I hate about todays society.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 03:01:33 pm »

You hate that society is made up of humans?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 03:19:03 pm »

You hate that society is made up of humans?
No the whole, "Your relationship is only as good as the sex in it".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 03:21:17 pm »

Most of the relationships I've seen around me have ended the same way. I'm at a point where I'm not exactly aware that there's a way for relationships to go other than that path; I know of them, but they're not exactly real to me. They're mythical ideas I have no experience with and no evidence of.

So... yeah.

So... looking at this, it kind of makes me think that you might need to take a break from relationships for a while, to think about where you'd like things to go and how you can get there.  Make observations of others' relationships, think about how you want to do things, and heal a little.  It sounds like things have been rough for you, and to be honest 4 months isn't that long... so perhaps you should take a bit more time off to cultivate friendships and think about how you want to lead your life.

This.

You're 12.  I really hope you're not getting into serious relationships at the age of 12.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 03:31:52 pm »

I agree with Vector 100%: you really should take some time off from relationships, especially at the age of twelve.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 3 4