Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Butchering is Excessive  (Read 3152 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Butchering is Excessive
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 05:06:57 pm »

It is to my knowledge that animals of different size in fact produce different amount of meat and if I see correctly there is an awful lot of elephant meat in your possession, so...

But leaving this offtopic behind, yes, golden leafs are of much interest to me. Taking this discussion further, would they, being leafs and all, require a "process to bag" order in farmer's workshop?
And, even more, would doing so produce seeds or gold spawns?

Ooohhh just think of the possibilities! A farmplot growing gold!
This would ofcourse need INorganic type of "potash".
Thus you would be required to make potash out of other elements.

Now imagine a farmplot growing gold fertilized by gold to make more gold to fertilize the plot to grow gold to fertilize it. Then grow some more, eat it, drink it and coat all of your fortress with golden vomit and liquid gold.

Talk about excessive.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 05:09:29 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 05:32:12 pm »

typical menu in portalgifted:

Puppy meat soup

puppy meat on the bone

puppy meat kabab

puppy meat stew

etc

i get about 5 fresh puppys a season, i sometimes raise some for war dogs, but most go to the butchers shop, so im never short on meat, or puppy leather (in game  called dog meat/leather)
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 08:38:44 pm »

I had once worked out a personal mod for myself that had the major metals represented as plants. All could be brewed, some made into dyes, others milled or barrelled as syrup, and all could be processed into thread to be used at the smelter. Long growing time, but it was nice.

Heheh, with all the new biome and raw fun, would it be possible to mod an underground plant that grew off gold and could be made into gold bars?>
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 08:49:40 pm »

Yeah, it isn't all that unrealistic that a single elephant can feed a whole bunch of dwarfs for a really long time.  Elephants are big.  Provided you have a way to preserve the meat, an elephant can probably feed 50 people for quite a long time.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 08:51:16 pm »

I had once worked out a personal mod for myself that had the major metals represented as plants. All could be brewed, some made into dyes, others milled or barrelled as syrup, and all could be processed into thread to be used at the smelter. Long growing time, but it was nice.

Heheh, with all the new biome and raw fun, would it be possible to mod an underground plant that grew off gold and could be made into gold bars?>

There's a few mods around currently like that. Simplest ones are wood growing mods. I made one myself, but there's a few floating around the modding forum.

You can plant things like tower caps in your farm fields, and when they grow and are harvested a lumbermill building will automatically turn the plants into wood logs, while also producing some seeds so you can plant new plants.

You can use this same sort of setup to produce other substances, including metal.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 09:01:17 pm »

Hi!

Somehow, I have the nagging feeling that someone will try to mod in such a beverage into the game - especially giving the absurd amount of ores we find in the new version.

Deathworks

SCREW YOU DEATHWORKS!
Now I have to! I didn't want to, but you just didn't give me a choice in the matter, because now if I don't, and nobody else does, it will play on my mind all week. Why must you mess with me head constantly!

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 09:10:53 pm »

Hi!

Somehow, I have the nagging feeling that someone will try to mod in such a beverage into the game - especially giving the absurd amount of ores we find in the new version.

Deathworks

SCREW YOU DEATHWORKS!
Now I have to! I didn't want to, but you just didn't give me a choice in the matter, because now if I don't, and nobody else does, it will play on my mind all week. Why must you mess with me head constantly!

Irn Bru - it's made from girders by dwarves in cumbernauld.

AtomicPaperclip

• Bay Watcher
  • Who names their kid dagger anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 09:44:56 pm »

Isn't gold only formed in supernovas? We could renew our solar energy and our gold source in one blow.

Everything past iron, IIRC
Dear Toady: Keep up the good work man, we appreciate you and the game beyond words.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 10:34:02 pm »

I believe you are right with that iron sir.

And yes, elephants would generate a lot of meat.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 10:38:15 pm »

Isn't gold only formed in supernovas? We could renew our solar energy and our gold source in one blow.

Everything past iron, IIRC

Well there are some physicists that claim that there are elements with a higher atomic number then iron are produced in some freak conditions in space, but the tiny amount would be negligible, and those physicists aren't well paid.
Pages: 1 2 [3]