Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Making a poison in 0.31  (Read 1032 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Making a poison in 0.31
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 01:08:03 am »

Why do you want to poison an elf?
I find there bazaar reaction to lava to be comical enough for me!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 01:12:06 am »

I have had some...disagreements... with the elves recently, culminating in the destruction of one of my outposts. I take revenge VERY seriously.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 02:07:53 am »

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

MTJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 09:22:28 am »

If I may ask a continuation question;

Would it be possible to poison a water source? -> do creatures on the map need water ever?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 09:33:15 am »

How are you going to "inject" it? You cannot just take it out of the flask and inject with something.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 11:18:51 am »

That's a good question. My plan was to put a few holes into them with arrows and try and get it into their bloodstream. Is there a better way?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 11:33:41 am »

You cannot do it how you said. You have to somehow make your arrows covered with it, but I don't know a way to do it. If the poison was some creature's blood then you could stab that creature with your arrow, but I don't know a different way to do it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Axecleaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 06:30:30 pm »

Interesting thread.
I was wondering... since using "inject" with a weapon or ammo seems impossible, what about other methods of delivery? The DF2010:Syndrome wiki page mentions other methods: contact and inhalation. Would either of these be applicable to making a poisoned weapon/ammo? I saw Keuran talk about "poison arrows that are made in a low fixed temp quiver and explode into gas when fired" in the [MOD] Magic Mod thread.

Another thought: Would setting the BOILING_POINT and MAT_FIXED_TEMP to just below body temperature allow the material to explosively evaporate on contact with an enemy's body? I was thinking that if you could somehow throw a glass vial of a poison liquid that it would break on impact or something...? Perhaps using something like the Longarm weapon in Civilization Forge might work to throw it? (I'm not sure if a container could be set as custom ammo, though.)

Finally, what about creating a living poison weapon? Perhaps there's a way to create a small creature that would poison attack after being thrown? Or maybe we could just throw a body part to do this, like a creature's stinger?
Pages: 1 [2]