Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where are you on the political compass? Economic belief is first, social belief second. Test is here: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Left - Authoritarian
Left - Centre
Left - Libertarian
Centre - Authoritarian
Centre - Centre
Centre - Libertarian
Right - Authoritarian
Right - Centre
Right - Libertarian
Other
Don't care to do the test / View poll

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Where Are You On The Political Compass?  (Read 41094 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Where Are You On The Political Compass?
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »

To be fair, noone's called the opposing side Nazis for wanting to kill Hitler yet.  Any takers?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2010, 08:07:28 pm »

I'm amazed that only cowofdoom can see the obvious solution.  Assuming that we already have a foolproof time-machine to kill Hitler with, whoever replaces him as the most famous murderous tyrant in history can just be offed too.  With the time machine, we will ex post facto assassinate our way to ever lasting world peace!
But then...

what if we become corrupt?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2010, 08:13:47 pm »

We come from the past and kill ourselves, duh.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2010, 08:21:11 pm »

I have an idea.  Why don't we go back into the past a stop WW1 from starting instead?  Not only was WW1 the war to end all wars until world war 2 came along, the end of the war destroyed Germany's economy and set things up for Hitler's rise to power.  Of course if we stopped world war 1 from happening it would just happen later instead since the horror of the world wars themselves was a major cause of Europe's current relatively peaceful state.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2010, 08:40:19 pm »

Better to take away the incentives for those entangling alliances.

Travel back in time to the Franco-Prussian War of 1871, and stop Germany's formation by having France beat up Prussia. Alscae-Lorraine will stay in French hands, preventing that stupid and sterotypical French revanchism, and Germany would be divided.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2010, 08:41:39 pm »

You know you could circumvent all of these problems by going back in time to find our common ancestor, and then stepping on it.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2010, 08:48:56 pm »

I have an idea.  Why don't we go back into the past a stop WW1 from starting instead?  Not only was WW1 the war to end all wars until world war 2 came along, the end of the war destroyed Germany's economy and set things up for Hitler's rise to power.  Of course if we stopped world war 1 from happening it would just happen later instead since the horror of the world wars themselves was a major cause of Europe's current relatively peaceful state.

We could go back in time and give the Allies wedgies until they let Germany off easier in the Treaty of Versailles.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2010, 09:09:14 pm »

Anyone remember Elf Quest?  Remember when Rayek tries to go back in time to save the first elves from being murdered by cavemen, which would in turn destroy the entire elven race that currently existed?  I liked Elf Quest.  I never did get much past that point though. :(
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:10:48 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2010, 09:37:40 pm »

Europe needed the first world war to teach them that having the continent run by a inbred nobility was a bad idea and imperialism was more trouble than its worth.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2010, 10:21:14 pm »

Europe needed the first world war to teach them that having the continent run by a inbred nobility was a bad idea and imperialism was more trouble than its worth.

Then let's go back, kill the inbred nobility running the continent AND show them that imperialism is a bad idea (preferably with VIOLENCE!).
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2010, 10:51:41 pm »

Then let's go back, kill the inbred nobility running the continent AND show them that imperialism is a bad idea (preferably with VIOLENCE!).

Better idea! Let's trick them into fighting each other through various treaties and assassination plots!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57:22 pm »

THAT'S IT!

Initiate it now!

. . .

Did it work?

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:07 pm »

THAT'S IT!

Initiate it now!

. . .

Did it work?

Yep, 71 years ago.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2010, 11:05:29 pm »

Sooooo.

Shall we call it a stable time loop and get on with our lives?

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 11:26:43 pm »

Sooooo. Shall we call it a stable time loop and get on with our lives?

Second that. Also...

Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26