Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Where are you on the political compass? Economic belief is first, social belief second. Test is here: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Left - Authoritarian
Left - Centre
Left - Libertarian
Centre - Authoritarian
Centre - Centre
Centre - Libertarian
Right - Authoritarian
Right - Centre
Right - Libertarian
Other
Don't care to do the test / View poll

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Where Are You On The Political Compass?  (Read 41083 times)

Pathos

Re: Where Are You On The Political Compass?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 05:39:43 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm just annoyed slightly that there was no centre option. On those questions where I didn't really care/have an opinion I always chose disagree. I also agree with Aqizzar about the loaded questions.

I do think it overly assumes you're gonna have an opinion on everything, but that might be the point. What questions didn't you have an opinion on, anyway?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 05:48:18 am »

I guess this means I'm conservative?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Pathos

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 05:52:03 am »

I guess this means I'm conservative?

Nope, you're centre authoritarian.

Which is... Sort of fascist.

Basically:
Authoritarianism ( Fascism ) - Libertarianism ( Hippies )
Left ( Handouts to the Poor ) - Right ( Laissez-Faire Dog eat Dog World )

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 05:56:33 am »

Oh god, I'm Moderate Hitler? (By the way, I propose that that should be an official alignment.)

Anyway, the questionaire was odd. For example, it asked me about abortion, and Strongly Agree/Agree/Disagree/Strongly Disagree makes it sound like the only opinions I could have on the subject were "Abortion is cool!" and "NAZIS INVENTED ABORTION".
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Pathos

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:15 am »

Oh god, I'm Moderate Hitler? (By the way, I propose that that should be an official alignment.)

The Nazis gave such a bad name to fascism. =( Nazism technically isn't fascism, anyway, it's too mixed up with a load of other crap which makes it Nazism. Basically, in the rock paper scissors world of Right Authoritarian, Left Libertarian and Centre, Nazism is the mushroom.

Moderate Hitler, Extreme Stalin, Liberated Roosevelt. An RPG based around the political concepts of the 20th century sounds good.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 06:12:49 am »

Moderate Hitler, Extreme Stalin, Liberated Roosevelt. An RPG based around the political concepts of the 20th century sounds good.

The Level 20 Libertarian Philosopher attacks your Fascist Government with New Political Ideals III.
Roll for damage.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:29 am »

Economic Left -7.00
Social Libertarian -2.87

@ein: Fascist government blocks the attack with censorship!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 07:08:08 am »

Why would the defender roll for damage? ???
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 07:36:03 am »

I did this before... I got left-ish with a slightly libertarian slant.  I may have moved more to the libertarian end since.

Then again, even when answering questions from an "Elite Liberal" or "Arch Conservative" perspective I couldn't get it to the corners.  So... yeah.

To be honest, I have to disagree with the placement of parties... it seems pretty arbitrary.  I mean, all main British political parties are classed as "right wing".  This just doesn't make sense... surely the centre should be around where the middle of the viewpoint is, rather than the point where the person doing the quiz thinks is "right".

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 08:02:33 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:14:22 am by Stany »

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 08:33:36 am »

Wait they want to lower the voting age? Whilst were at it lets just select party seats by rolling dice, whoever rolls highest on a D20 gets to be prime minister!
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 08:41:20 am »

Interestingly enough, labour is more right wing, and slightly less Authorative, than the BNP...

But don't worry about being slightly authorative. Thats fine, its when you hit the extremes we have to start worrying about you.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 09:11:13 am »

Wait they want to lower the voting age? Whilst were at it lets just select party seats by rolling dice, whoever rolls highest on a D20 gets to be prime minister!
If you can get married, leave home, get a job and buy a house you are probably capable of choosing a political party.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 09:31:28 am »

If you can get married, leave home, get a job and buy a house you are probably capable of choosing a political party.

Ok, so any 16 year old who has proven themself capable of doing those things can vote, I'll grant you that. But to be honest most 16 year olds just aren't mature enough to vote seriously. Then again I'm probably biased by way of thinking democracy is a ridiculous idea.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 09:46:27 am »

Ok, so any 16 year old who has proven themself capable of doing those things can vote, I'll grant you that. But to be honest most 16 year olds just aren't mature enough to vote seriously. Then again I'm probably biased by way of thinking democracy is a ridiculous idea.
Well, there's no competance condition to vote, is there?  The whole point of voting is that it's a right given to everyone.  If you're gonna eligability test 16 year olds, why not everyone else?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26