Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Redundant arena is redundant. Super Magma Ahoy!  (Read 2246 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Redundant arena is redundant. Super Magma Ahoy!
« on: April 24, 2010, 11:21:16 pm »

Of course it has five magma coatings! IT'S MAGMA!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:45:31 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Redundant arena is redundant.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 11:24:55 pm »

Full of MAGMA-EY GOODNESS!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 11:35:23 pm »

Magma laced with magma laced with magma laced with magma laced with magma laced with magma laced with sphalerite.

So...we got super-magma. Kills even better.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:36:13 pm »

Right after this i got magma laced with about fifteen other magmas and the game crashed.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:39:10 pm »

Maybe the magma got sick of being used to kill elves and decided to wreck your game to make it stop.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 11:39:26 pm »

Better report that on the bug tracker as thats a really odd thing and if it crashed the game, then something is wrong.

Edit: And also upload a save if you can.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 11:41:21 pm »

No, the magma didn't crash the game, the 30 by 30 block of collapsing walls i made to make more did.

my fps was at 0 for five minutes before it went.

It was in Arena. There is no save to upload.

From what i remember I made a bunch of iron men and fire men fight underground in front of that castle, put magma everywhere, and collapsed a large chunk of wall.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:49:44 pm by dermonster »

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Redundant arena is redundant. Super Magma Ahoy!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 05:32:25 am »

Maybe the magma got sick of being used to kill elves and decided to wreck your game to make it stop.

TAKE IT BACK.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 05:57:18 am »

We must learn how to make this super-dense magma in dwarf mode. Applying it to sieges and caravans should come naturally soon after.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 06:02:20 am »

Maybe your magma was inspired by monty pythons spam-sketch :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE&feature=related

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 07:01:21 am »

Where'd you get that idea? Looks to me like it's taken on a new form so that it can kill each elf six times.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 07:34:30 am »

No, the magma didn't crash the game, the 30 by 30 block of collapsing walls i made to make more did.

From what i remember I made a bunch of iron men and fire men fight underground in front of that castle, put magma everywhere, and collapsed a large chunk of wall.
that would explain the random piece of material not found in the arena. rock wall is a super-dense stone material made with every material there is in the game. Dropping the rock wall on top of it self and checking the dust gives you ~50 different stones/gems/metals. The game must have crash from all that random dust collecting on every thing.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 08:55:58 am »

that would explain the random piece of material not found in the arena. rock wall is a super-dense stone material made with every material there is in the game. Dropping the rock wall on top of it self and checking the dust gives you ~50 different stones/gems/metals. The game must have crash from all that random dust collecting on every thing.
That explains. So, you had magma. But then a hellton of stones, all of the non-magmasafe, collapsed into the magma, lacing the magma with magma fron one stone, magma from another stone, and more magma from ohgodsomanystones.
Why does the game track from which type of stone the magma is made, it's beyond me.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 10:14:48 am »

Why does the game track from which type of stone the magma is made, it's beyond me.

Because not even a sparrowman can burn to death with wooden weapons and copper armor melting 'pon his body without Armok seeing.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 10:21:16 am »

Because not even a sparrowman can burn to death with wooden weapons and copper armor melting 'pon his body without Armok seeing.
Armok had a grudge with FPS ever since the first versions.
Pages: [1] 2