Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No dwarven caravan?  (Read 6843 times)

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
Re: No dwarven caravan?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 05:57:57 am »

Thanks a bunch, this is great!
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 07:22:08 am »

I don't know if anyone is using this map (probably not) but I just wanted to share something I found. The volcano island in the eastern ocean has the most amazing embark spot. There is a column of stone that sticks ~10z levels out of the ground, it has a layer of soil right at the top for farming and is wide enough all the way down to make a great fort in. Running down the left side (touching, but barely) is the magma tube, giving easy magma access to every level of your fort.

It is great, I would suggest starting a fort here to anyone looking for a place to start a fort
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:39 pm »

Wow, I didn't know that was there.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 06:26:55 pm »

Here's a tip:  If your civs keep dying out, try cranking their starting populations.  Instead of 10 starting dwarves, give them 100 or 1000.  It seems to help a lot, but YMMV.
and how do i even do that?
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 12:40:35 am »

Here's a tip:  If your civs keep dying out, try cranking their starting populations.  Instead of 10 starting dwarves, give them 100 or 1000.  It seems to help a lot, but YMMV.

What option are you talking about exactly? I see an option "Population cap after civ creation"' which is already at 20000 so I don't think that's the problem.

and how do i even do that?

In the raws in entity default there'll be a START_GROUP_NUMBER:, just up the nubmers.
Pages: 1 [2]