Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I might go to a mental hospital.  (Read 3364 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I might go to a mental hospital.
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 03:28:03 pm »

But I'm not at risk of seriously injuring myself. I would never hurt somebody else, and I don't plan on critically hurting myself (or, for that matter, hurting myself at all)

Yeah.  Do you think you'll be able to say that if you end up getting in a more stressful situation than you're already in?  This is already pretty bad, doodabuddy.  You should talk to someone to work out your problems, since it already looks like you're having a good bit of trouble managing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 03:39:55 pm »

Dot, if you don't talk to someone about this now.
You will seriously regret it.
And I mean talking to someone in person, who is probably not your parents, or a doctor or an internet forum!
Mark my words, if you do not resolve this now, I guarrentee this problem will pop right back up.
You can, and should, do everything to resolve this now, and if necessary, go to the goddam doctor.

It's actually more responsible to see a doctor for these sorts of issues than to unload them on a friend.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 05:32:51 pm »

It's actually more responsible to see a doctor for these sorts of issues than to unload them on a friend.

Seconded.  Placing such burdens on friends tends to cause a lot of strain, which can lead to a lot of difficulties down the line.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 05:54:02 pm »

Thirded: As an ex-bf-of-a-cutter, I concur. Also, the cutting might be a phase and never arise again, or you may fall back into it the next time something bad happens. My personal unprofessional guess would be the latter, as 100, and deep enough to scar, is quite a number. I hardly ever say this, but you will benefit from professional help.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 10:54:37 am »

Since you're probably going to shoot down the professional help ideas (everyone seems to anyway), might as well make your destructive deconstruction into constructive deconstruction. Instead of digging into yourself, squish a squishy ball or do some exercises. Of course, don't go overboard, or it will be deconstructive.

Everyone, including me, is telling you to go see a therapist. If you need help now, call a hotline. They are there so you can talk to them instead of doing something rash and stupid. Seriously, it's not an inconvenience for them, and there are not other people who need help more that should prevent you from wanting to call them.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 11:14:11 am »

I'm just going to put a word of advice in here, and then head out of the thread.

I used to do basically what you're doing now. I want you to do the following:

1) Seek help, in the form of a therapist. You may not feel like you need it, but it's not just a "fix me" visit, but establishing a means of communication. If you start having these problems again, you want to be able to tak to your therapist. And, furthermore, merely talking to a therepist is good news

2) Identify and avoid triggers. Usually, this means other people talking about cutting, depression, and bad memories. For depression, do all the anti-depressive things (ie, eat right, work out, and hang out with friends).

3) If you start sliding back, stay away from sharp things. This is like a last-ditch attempt. Give someone else your knife, stay away from broken glass, stay around people when you need to be near these things, etc.

Good luck!
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2010, 01:39:42 pm »

Also, learn the truth about Acai Berry.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2010, 05:14:17 pm »

Incidentally, I love acai. It's no miracle cure, but it tastes good and seems about as good for you as blueberries.

*Derail* Growing them hydroponically in America or Europe would bring in loads of cash
While talking to AJ:

Claidheamh Mor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2010, 04:19:40 pm »

Don't fear it dude.
I'm a reformed cutter myself.
Group homes work.
Trust me man helps WORKS.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2010, 04:30:45 pm »

I'm sorry, but i'm under the impression that being cut by a razor hurts. At least, i sure hate it when I shave and that happens.

The thing about physical pain is that the body adapted to it. When you get a wound your brain releases chemicals to make you feel better and numb the pain, so you can survive whatever gave you a wound. This line of relief works on a separate brain channel from the pain caused, so while the pain may be discomforting there is an undertone of relief and pleasure, often alleviating the pain of worry and regret so long as the physical pain persists. It is often much more preferred to endure physical pain than emotional pain, as we can biologically handle that. Emotions are much more difficult to deal with.

But on topic, I would say see a therapist. They generally handle these things the best. Parents have their own problems and pride and assumptions to deal with, and friends get strained seeing their friend suffer. School councilors have a large track record of being useless, and mental hospitals are for people who need to be watched for either their safety or others. But you are not at that stage, and therapists are cheaper from what I remember.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2010, 08:33:49 pm »

$20-25 if you have insurance

Everything seems to be a $20 co-pay
While talking to AJ:

Pathos

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2010, 08:41:45 pm »

dot: Don't listen to them...

Kill them all.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2010, 03:27:41 pm »

dot: Don't listen to them...

Kill them all.

Pathos: delete your account it's spamming bullshit everywhere.

Pathos

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2010, 08:20:54 pm »

Spamming bullshit is considerably different to giving terrible advice to a person who will probably not go to a mental institution.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2010, 11:06:52 pm »

Spamming bullshit is considerably different to giving terrible advice to a person who will probably not go to a mental institution.

I am such a horrible person. You are too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]