Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I might go to a mental hospital.  (Read 3365 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I might go to a mental hospital.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 11:20:12 pm »

Yeah, as far as I know your parents can't put you in a mental hospital (well, at least in California, and it's probably true of other states as well).  Plus, parents can often make threats like that because they're frightened and want you to stop, but they'll back off when push comes to shove.  I speak from experience.

So, don't worry.  Things will get better, soon, and everything's going to be all right in the end.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pathos

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 12:15:36 am »

You should find a way to utterly crush the bitch, anyway.

That always made ME feel better.

Vulkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 12:20:38 am »

At any rate you should sever all ties from that girl.

If she can't take any responsibility for her own life (indeed, if she blames you for screwing her up, this seems to be the case), she's not worth your time, regardless of how good a person she may seem. It is easy to ignore possibly serious faults in people when under the spell of love.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 01:09:17 am »

I think you are unlikely to be sent to a mental hospital unless you are a danger to yourself or others.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 08:41:01 am »

True although he is arguably a threat to himself if he's putting permanent scars on his body

Probably not going to be hospitalized but still he needs some kind of help, you don't do that type of shit unless something is already screwed up upstairs
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

dot12321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 10:15:51 am »

So, it turns out the girl was sent away to a mental hospital that doubles as a school (I didn't even know that those exist) and I won't be called to guidance. I really appreciate what you guys are saying, too. I don't think I have a problem, I haven't done anything in a while.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 10:23:28 am »

Well I still don't think it would hurt to see a mental health professional. They'll keep it confidential, you don't need to worry about other people hearing about it, and I still think it sounds like you could use the help
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 12:46:43 pm »

...You guys are missing the point. Cutting yourself doesn't mean your in-fucking-sane. You should see a therapist yes, but not go to a mental hospital unless your in danger of hurting yourself or others genuinely.

I'm sorry, but i'm under the impression that being cut by a razor hurts. At least, i sure hate it when I shave and that happens.

OT:
Mental Hospital certainly sounds a bit over-dramatic, that said, Some sort of professional help is probably in your best interest.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

dot12321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2010, 12:52:09 pm »

To all those saying that help is a good choice, I know it is, but I don't feel like I need it. I actually cried a lot through the past week or so, (which is actually very good progress, as I didn't even consider cutting) and it felt really good to let it out the way I'm supposed to.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2010, 01:10:28 pm »

Everybody can benefit with a talk with a mental professional, even people who aren't currently in a state of despair.

Really, you'll like it.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

dot12321

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 01:12:42 pm »

But I'm not at risk of seriously injuring myself. I would never hurt somebody else, and I don't plan on critically hurting myself (or, for that matter, hurting myself at all)

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 01:16:29 pm »

even people who aren't currently in a state of despair.

They don't exist just to save the life of suicidal people (and honestly, hardly anybody would want to be a mental health professional if that were the case). You can go and have even just one appointment with one (even a guidance counselor if you're feeling lucky), and get a fresh new perspective on what's going on.

They will help you deal with your ex-girlfriend's transfer to a mental institution, overcoming the problems you had in the past, and any other confusions about your life you may have.

Seriously, I'd rather go to a psychologist/psychiatrist/counselor when I thought I was well than spend the next year in a power struggle with Nurse Ratchet.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 01:19:28 pm »

Pyschology fixes this with a few visits, usually.
Very common, and vastly preferring for you to live at home.

You aren't going to a medical ward, because you don't need constant attention!
Most likely you talk to few people about some crap, then go home after resolving some issues.

blah blah blah done.
Oh the worst part is you/your parents probably have to pay someone.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 01:29:00 pm »

Welcome to the rest of the thread, did you enjoy skimming over it?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 01:42:29 pm »

Welcome to the rest of the thread, did you enjoy skimming over it?

I would not have this problem talking face to face with somebody.

Then, then I might actually do something, eh,

useful?

Also, All of those posts popped up while I was posting, and I am usually a big fan of editing my posts immediately afterward.

Honestly people don't need to talk to pyschologists.

Dot, if you don't talk to someone about this now.
You will seriously regret it.
And I mean talking to someone in person, who is probably not your parents, or a doctor or an internet forum!
Mark my words, if you do not resolve this now, I guarrentee this problem will pop right back up.
You can, and should, do everything to resolve this now, and if necessary, go to the goddam doctor.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:50:29 pm by eerr »
Pages: 1 [2] 3