Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stupid doctor  (Read 1226 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
Stupid doctor
« on: April 24, 2010, 02:35:44 pm »

Dwarfbamas ;D health care  plan was great until
Urist Mc Doctor: time to dress the wound
4 hours later
Urist Mc Doctor: No no no thats not right
4 hours later
Urist Mc Doctor: eh got to eat food
a little while later
Urist Mc Doctor: time to dress the wound
4 hours later
Urist Mc Doctor: No no no thats not right
4 hours later
Urist Mc Doctor: eh got to eat food
and repeat
It was working fine, i was suturing wounds, setting bones and dressed a wound, now he can't dress the lower back.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 02:40:52 pm by Wh1tefang12 »
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid doctor
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 03:28:20 pm »

Yeah, surgery is bugged.  From what I understand it happens when a dwarf heals naturally while/after being diagnosed, causing the medical dwarf to continually try to heal parts which are healthy.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 03:31:37 pm »

No thats not the case, it lower back is still wounded and hes not using up the cloth, he just keeps doing it till he has to stop. I even tried destroying the bed the guy was in.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

CrossBolt

• Bay Watcher
  • Lucid Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 03:37:10 pm »

Where unusual methods do not work, apply magma
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where nosebleeds melt your face off.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 03:37:34 pm »

You've probably got this bug happening: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=474

It'll be fixed for .04.

Heres an exerpt from the changelog for .04 which hasn't been released yet:

- 0000474: [Dwarf Mode -- Jobs, Healthcare] Unable to bandage wound (Toady One) - resolved.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 03:48:59 pm »

Canīt wait for version .04 to appear ;)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 06:05:17 pm »

please tell me there is at least a magic cheat way of fixing the guy? because i have no way of killing him, nor do i really want to.

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:56:37 pm »

Deconstructing his bed will make him wake up and start walking around again, Drafting him and stationing him between 2 locked doors on a stonefall trap should  give him (hopefully) minor injuries triggering a re-diagnose that should handle his old wounds as well. No guarantee that the doctor will get any smarter though :P

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 08:40:36 am »

um no he won't he will still have a Lower Back and a Spine (There is no cyan deal with it :P) so he wont move. but my plan is to put him in a room with a tile held up by a support pull a lever and hes wounded again, hopefully fixing him.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 09:01:45 am »

Carp my plan worked a wee bit too well, the guy now has many many broken limbs which will more then quadruple the chance of him glitching.
[Edit] well he doesn't need dressing anymore so that was the problem, one step closer to captain of the guard!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:17:56 am by Wh1tefang12 »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 02:48:05 pm »

um no he won't he will still have a Lower Back and a Spine (There is no cyan deal with it :P )

Yes there is.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »

um no he won't he will still have a Lower Back and a Spine (There is no cyan deal with it :P )

Yes there is.
You just need to build it out of microcline.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 06:24:04 pm »

Carp my plan worked a wee bit too well, the guy now has many many broken limbs which will more then quadruple the chance of him glitching.
[Edit] well he doesn't need dressing anymore so that was the problem, one step closer to captain of the guard!

Yea, I think cave in dust hits with the ferocity of a giant with a lead maul... several times.