Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So what exactly is the new ice/water behavior? (v0.31)  (Read 740 times)

FrancisBlack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
So what exactly is the new ice/water behavior? (v0.31)
« on: April 24, 2010, 10:02:32 am »

I noticed lots of stuff changed since 40d. Matgloss isn't there anymore, and the entire material system seems to behave differently.
Now, I don't exactly remember how water used to behave in the old version. But unless I'm wrong, it could be used through workshops as a reagent/product to make nice stuff with.

However, that no longer seems to be the case. I looked through all of the raws, and couldn't find water as a stone. Can it still be used as one? And if so, what would be the proper syntax to mod such a reaction into the game? I've tried cannibalizing one from this thread ( [REAGENT:1:STONE:NONE:WATER:NONE] ), to no effect, even with the base reaction described there. (It simply doesn't appear as an option (in this case, in the soap maker), even if I'm sure I have all of the required reagents.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: To clarify things, I'm trying to use ice as a smelting reagent, and failing epically at it.

Keuran

• Bay Watcher
  • not made of spiders
    • View Profile
Re: So what exactly is the new ice/water behavior? (v0.31)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 10:21:33 am »

Change :STONE: to :BOULDER:

STONE refers to the pebbles you find in adventure mode. BOULDER is the new word for mined stones.

FrancisBlack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:29:48 am »

Whoa, holy shit. It's working.
Thanks, I fucking love you.

And I was retarded for not noticing this before |:c

FrancisBlack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:01:45 am »

Nevermind, it doesn't work. I tried setting up a test reaction, generating a new world, building up my smelter, and nothing. I even made sure I had stockpiled ice and fuel, although the reaction shouldn't require any.

[REACTION:ICETEST]
[NAME:test ice]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:WATER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]

So wtf am I doing wrong?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:05:10 am »

is the reaction ICETEST in the entity raws? [ALLOWED_REACTION:ICETEST]? and is there a way to make liquid water that is drinkable? with a reaction? say make a block of ice into a pail full of water for injuried dwarfs?

FrancisBlack

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 11:07:48 am »

is the reaction ICETEST in the entity raws? [ALLOWED_REACTION:ICETEST]? and is there a way to make liquid water that is drinkable? with a reaction? say make a block of ice into a pail full of water for injuried dwarfs?
I think that's my problem. Didn't think of that.
Oh god, there's so much stuff to take care of now DX

And to answer your question, I think so. That's what these people were trying to do in the thread I linked to in the OP, although I don't think it works perfectly yet.

EDIT: Nope. Edited the entity raws, it doesn't seem to affect this one. However, I tried allowing the custom coloured ice ones (from the converted 40d ice mod) and I get a missing reaction definition error.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:25:06 am by FrancisBlack »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 11:34:19 am »

You can just read Shaostul's guide. It would answer most of your questions. Do eet.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository