Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Devilish Diplomat  (Read 1557 times)

Clamity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Devilish Diplomat
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:24:44 am »

My fort is currently experiencing a problem from a human diplomat that is not quite human. I'm in the sixth year of my fort and the humans decided to send along their diplomat with their trade caravan. Imagine my surprise when 'Amug' a "Chameleon Devilish Diplomat' shows up, "A huge skinless chameleon twisted into humanoid form. It is ravening. Beware its poisonous bite!".

The problem here is that he appears to have left his building destroyer tag on, and destroys everything on the way to meet with my Count... including the Count's office. I have no way to meet with him now and need some sort of way to minimize further damage.

tl:dr, I have a stupid diplomat that is blowing up my fort...Any suggestions to remove him? I have a save just as he is entering the map, but have no time to rig up any standard defenses, nor is he target-able by my military.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
Re: Devilish Diplomat
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:34:48 am »

if he starts to idle, channel around him and cave in a few floors underneath him
if it doesn't kill him, he'll be trapped
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 08:38:43 am »

The only thing I can think of that doesn't involve magma is to create a small burrow for your count outside your fortress. IIRC, expedition leader/mayor/baron and such with conduct meeting whereever they are if they don't have or can't access their office. Even if you can't make your count have his meeting that way, it would give you time to set up something else magma, bonus point for killing the count at the same time.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 08:59:35 am »

...bonus point for killing the count at the same time.

I feel sorry for the nobles sometimes.

Saying this, I did organise for my duchess to be 'thrown' off a 12 z-level high building...

Anyway, back on subject, why not build a separate office for your count outside the town, and then rig the entrance with a pitfall trap of some nature? Oh, and be sure to lock your noble in, in case of some unfortunate accidents...
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

AncientEnemy

• Bay Watcher
  • The Answer is always POUR MAGMA ON IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 09:04:58 am »

When is a human not a human?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:07:39 am by AncientEnemy »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 10:10:35 am »

I don't get it.

Clamity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 10:57:10 am »

So, Amug decided to temporarily cease his rampaging and decided to chill with his human buddies next to the trade depot. My dwarven excavation team by pure coincidence just happened to be putting in a well on the very spot he was standing on. It's not their fault that he didn't move off the tile as it was being channeled out from under him. Nor can we be blamed for the subsequent 10 story fall directly into my crypt.

I wonder if the humans will get pissed I killed their law-giver saw Amug have an unfortunate accident.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 03:40:51 pm »

So, Amug decided to temporarily cease his rampaging and decided to chill with his human buddies next to the trade depot. My dwarven excavation team by pure coincidence just happened to be putting in a well on the very spot he was standing on. It's not their fault that he didn't move off the tile as it was being channeled out from under him. Nor can we be blamed for the subsequent 10 story fall directly into my crypt.

I wonder if the humans will get pissed I killed their law-giver saw Amug have an unfortunate accident.

LIKE.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 03:45:36 pm »

If they don't, you must only trade them Mugs from now on.  Just to rub it in their faces.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 04:16:23 pm »

No, you must trade them A mug each year, decorated as much as possible.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 04:20:13 pm »

Out of curiosity, did the diplomat survive the fall? I'd lol if he was trapped down in your crypts, unable to walk due to broken bones but still there.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 04:23:39 pm »

I don't get it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.