Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vermin=Coke  (Read 3048 times)

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
Vermin=Coke
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:24:59 pm »

I put the reaction in the folder, but it doesn't come up in the options at the smelter. any idea what i'm doing wrong?
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Vermin=Coke
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:46:42 pm »

Which raw folder did you put it in? /raw/objects or /data/save/regionX/raw/objects?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:59:59 pm »

raw/objects
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 12:14:44 am »

Yeah, that'll be why. You'll only be able to modify an existing game by changing the files in /data/save/regionX/raw/objects.
くコ:彡

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 12:24:36 am »

its in the Raw files for that region too, though

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 01:16:32 am »

You also need to allow that reaction in the entities file for your civilization.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 03:15:56 am »

Could someone please post this reaction, or link to the original discussion?
I've tried looking at the modding forum and have not gotten a clear idea how to make it. :S

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 11:33:14 am »

You also need to allow that reaction in the entities file for your civilization.

and where are those?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 12:12:31 pm »

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_COKE_FROM_BUGS]
[NAME:make Coke]
[BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:A:1:REMAINS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:COAL:COKE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:SMELT]
[AUTOMATIC]

That was in REACTION_OTHER

Code: [Select]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_COKE_FROM_BUGS]
That went into ENTITY_DEFAULT with the other permitted reactions.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

parlor_tricks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://noyb
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 12:27:06 pm »

Thanks a lot!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 12:27:40 pm »

You can do different buildings, I just went with the kiln to give it a use during normal gameplay.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 12:40:57 pm »

do i need to re-gen a world for this to work?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 03:06:24 pm »

If you change an existing reaction, no. Don't even need to alter the entity entry if you do that. If you are going to add a new reaction, yes.

If you change an existing, just do one of the extras of like brass or something.

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 01:54:12 pm »

I always have a couple of empty reactions in my configs just in case I want to add something.  This has turned out to be very useful for a pig iron loving baroness on a map with no flux but many orcs!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 02:00:03 pm »

Sounds like a baroness that is asking for an unfortunate accident.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.
Pages: [1] 2