Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Supercow!  (Read 3395 times)

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
Supercow!
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:33:25 pm »

So, I noticed a cow calf moving at unbelievable speed. I don't know if anyone else has been messing around with breeding to get certain animals (a force of jet black superdogs, for instance). I've been wanting to, but bugs tend to keep one busy. However, I am now ready to breed this beast!

She is gigantic with incredible muscles. Her hair is golden yellow. Her skin is brown. Her eyes are black.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supercow!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 10:47:06 pm »

I have noticed that dwarfs designated as miners tend to get super tough over time and start running really fast.  i like to designate future soldiers as miners first.  anyway, I'm not sure what a cow would have done to become super tough, but i would love to know whats up with super cow.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 10:49:32 pm »

I've been working out.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 10:54:29 pm »

*rimshot*
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:57:45 pm »

I have noticed that dwarfs designated as miners tend to get super tough over time and start running really fast.  i like to designate future soldiers as miners first.  anyway, I'm not sure what a cow would have done to become super tough, but i would love to know whats up with super cow.

It's genetic. Her father is enormous and skinny with golden hair, brown skin, black eyes. Her mother is gigantic with incredible muscles, flax hair, brown skin, black eyes. Her sister is gigantic and quite fat, with golden hair, brown skin, black eyes.

I need a better bull to replace the father. Sorry about incest, but I have a very limited population and incest doesn't exist in DF. So I'll hope for a strong male from these two, then eliminate the parents (remove mother for all golden-haired cattle, remove father for all fat/strong cattle). Then I need to decide whether to breed cows for meat/strength or tallow/fat. Will document whether fatness seems to be genetic, by something like breeding cows for high fatness and donkeys for high muscularity.

I suspect that the mother and father are pure samples of golden/flax hair, and that flax hair is recessive. We'll see.

The sigs topic:

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:00:24 pm »

Heh, incest between to animals doesn't have any repurcussions in DF.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

haywire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 11:01:17 pm »

Just make sure to keep that golden calf away from any dwarves named Mosus.  Armok is a vengeful god.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:04:30 pm »

Heh, incest between to animals doesn't have any repurcussions in DF.
... incest doesn't exist in DF. ...

Just make sure to keep that golden calf away from any dwarves named Mosus.  Armok is a vengeful god.
+1

Hey, I'm not really micromanaging this topic. Just hitting the updates button, reading them, and this pops up again seconds later.
The sigs topic:

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 11:06:22 pm »

Hey, I really like the genetics feature. I'm gonna use it to create a breed of SUPER DAWGZ and SUPER CAWZ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 11:25:27 pm »

now that i know it exists its an great idea.  I would love to bread war animals.  however i was wondering what the benefit is to having a super cow?  do you get super milk?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 11:28:28 pm »

nah, you just get more meat and fat and shit from it.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 11:34:13 pm »

nah, you just get more meat and fat and shit from it.

Supercowpies.
The sigs topic:

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 01:39:53 am »

So, I noticed a cow calf moving at unbelievable speed. I don't know if anyone else has been messing around with breeding to get certain animals (a force of jet black superdogs, for instance). I've been wanting to, but bugs tend to keep one busy. However, I am now ready to breed this beast!

She is gigantic with incredible muscles. Her hair is golden yellow. Her skin is brown. Her eyes are black.

Just somewhat faster than normal, or insanely, ungodly fast?

I had two separate occurrences, once with a hyperspeed rat, and once with a hyperspeed swarm of bats. They were both moving every 2-3 frames, instead of 10-15 like most animals. Never had it occur with livestock though.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 06:38:33 am »

Hey, I really like the genetics feature. I'm gonna use it to create a breed of SUPER DAWGZ and SUPER CAWZ
I like it as well, though I'm well aware that it'll only serve to be a pain in the arse for my DOCD (Dwarf Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) - it was bad enough for me checking if I had 2 males and 8 or 10 females of each species I wanted to breed, but now I'm going to be checking to see if this male is "better" than that male and slaughtering the "weaker" one...and it probably won't be long after I do it to the livestock that I start doing the same thing to my dwarves :P
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 09:14:48 am »

Hmm... does that mean if I breed two fat cows, I get more meet?

My cows are rather skinny right now. Mah hunter iz working overtiemz.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.
Pages: [1] 2