Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stone  (Read 1375 times)

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stone
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 05:19:43 pm »

I just find that if you assign a 1 tile garbage dump they fill it up with a ton of stones

AshyRaccoon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 05:37:33 pm »

I just find that if you assign a 1 tile garbage dump they fill it up with a ton of stones
You may want to check that dump occasionally.
I had some stones in my stockpiles, which I designated for dumping (I designated the stone-containing tiles, that is, with d->b->d menu or whatever it was).
I kept having barrels and some food ending up in the dump pile for some reason. Perhaps if I designate the stockpile tiles to not be dumped after it's done.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 05:53:01 pm »

Yes, but every one of them will still hit your FPS.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 05:55:44 pm »

I just leave most of them lying around. If I'm making a fancy room or a stockpile, I'll dump them over by my masons or in an out-of-the-way corner.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Rotten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 06:03:41 pm »

Dump next to craftsdorf/mason/mechanic shop. With all my mechanism building, furniture making (GODDAMN MIGRANTS SLOW DOOOOWWWWNN) and crafts exporting, a hundred or so stones, even after a huge digging project, are rare. I atom smash any others I don't need.
True, but at a certain velocity the resulting explosion expels invader-bits at fatal speeds. You don't want to be dropping trogdolyte-shaped shrapnel bombs into your boneworks.
Only in Dwarf Fortress...
Pages: 1 [2]