Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Megob is here...  (Read 3609 times)

denito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megob is here...
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »

Well that was weird.

I'm started an adventurer in DF2010 and I got a quest from the human warlord "We are in PearlBaths.  Megob is here.  Travel to here and kill Megob."

The quest target is *in town*?  As soon as I exit the tavern, I see a "&" headed right at me.  That's Megob.  "This can't be good..."  I think.  But then I notice I can tal(k) to Megob.  And he gave me a quest too!  I was hoping he'd give me a quest to kill himself, or to kill the human warlord, but instead he sent me to kill the Bear that killed my previous adventurer.  Oh well; I'm going to go do that an see what quest he gives me after that.  If he keeps giving me quests, I don't think I'll kill him - being hired by a demon in adventure mode is way cooler than just talking to a mayor!

P.S.  The town is called Pearlbaths in a place called "The Stroker of Rubbing."      :-\
My wife: "Are you playing that midget fort game again?"

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Megob is here...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:16:25 pm »

Never trust mayors. They'll tend to give you quests to kill their demon lord, then kill you. Shifty fellows, those mayors.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:23:37 pm »

Actually, Vester, It's good business sense. If you kill the guy who killed your boss, you remove any chances of getting a first-hand testimony. But of course, you gotta rally the town with you. Some people actually like their demon overlords, and will try to avenge them when you kill that &.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:47 pm »

Exactly. That's why you have to jump the gun and kill them first.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:25:52 pm »

So, just poison the adventurer before he kills the demon. That way, it'll look like he was killed by the mayor's poison breath.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 08:47:28 am »

So, just poison the adventurer before he kills the demon. That way, it'll look like he was killed by the mayor's poison breath.
Better yet plan an accident with the demon causing him to die in a horrible death with no blood on your hands. get a group of below zero/magma high levels creatures plant them next to the demon, watch the sucker melt/freeze. If that doesn't work then try to fort mode off the mayor clearly she/he insane to send a someone to a death trap.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 09:12:26 am »

No, man, it's all a plan to get into power!  The Mayor has a fame-seeking person fight and kill the demon king, and then the mayor just tells everyone "Hey look at what that evil, evil man did to our kind and benevolent leader!  I shall kill him!"  Then if they survive, he'll be a hero, and they'll instate him as the new benevolentish dictator for his courage and loyalty.
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:13:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 11:21:57 pm »

*Nods*

I've had this, too. Also, I had endless spam of "xxxxxx, lawgiver, has toppled a +Alder door+!"

I killed him to stop the spam.

In other, unrelated, news, the town went from # to +.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 11:23:37 pm »

As I was wandering around looking for megabeasts to pummel with my heavily nerfed fists a farmer gave me this advice
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ahang Sathrelotir, Elite Wrestler: I am Here to discuss serving your cause.
As Mekaduko, Farmer: I'm flattered, but I have no need of you.
As Mekaduko, Farmer: The Rough Kingdom of Ages might have a task for you.
As Mekaduko, Farmer: Seek out Xubkib wherever it might be.
As Mekaduko, Farmer: In the early spring of 1050, the mahogany brute Xubkib was struck down by Thib Soulselbow The Spot of Numbers with a bronze mace in Primeanguished.

Is this guy telling me to go get struck down by a bronze mace? >:(

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 01:58:40 am »

I think he is telling you to go see the ghost of Xubkib.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 06:15:37 am »

There are ghosts?  :o
that's new!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 08:37:39 pm »

There are ghosts?  :o
that's new!

Unfortunately not, but that would be an awesome thing to have, especially if it happened to any intelligent or named creature that dies in an evil biome. Then, they proceed to seek out the creature that killed them (or all of those involved in their death?), and kill/torture them. perhaps killing that entire town of innocent people wasn't such a great idea after all...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 10:54:43 pm »

my adventurer also met a demon in town that the mayor sent him to kill.
then my adventurer was sent by the demon to kill some monsters
so the demons in town seem to be all around nice guys  :D
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 01:40:15 am »

They're pretending they're not demons, but all town mayors are psychic and can see through their fiendish schemes.
Pages: [1] 2