Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM  (Read 40997 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM
« Reply #225 on: May 09, 2010, 12:38:58 am »

I hope we get something worthwhile, I know it can't be a sword or armor, but maybe a shield or a statue. Anything but another bucket or a mechanism. Speaking of which, did you process any adamantine yet, you must have taken that route to hell, what did you do with it?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 09, 2010, 12:44:18 am »

I hope we get something worthwhile, I know it can't be a sword or armor, but maybe a shield or a statue. Anything but another bucket or a mechanism. Speaking of which, did you process any adamantine yet, you must have taken that route to hell, what did you do with it?

It's a metalcrafter. Our best hope is a chain. He's up and running. Better than sleeping through a demon attack. And I did nothing with the addy. I did not expect to survive, so I just left it there. Somebody can get it next turn if they choose. If they do, I would like to point out that there is a raw adamantine archery target in the dining area that they can replace too.

Also Jesus, people. I just found another possible entry point for our snowy/salty/fiery f(r)iends, which led RIGHT INTO THE DINING AREA!!

That stairway leads straight into the caverns.

I love how my unofficial turn went from
TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!

to an actual, get-stuff-done turn.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:49:54 am by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 09, 2010, 12:56:57 am »

Hell is awesome, it could very well be an official turn but you've basically murdered the framerate. I'm looking forward to whatever you can do but the framerate may never recover from the devils' existence.

But kudos on making the game ten shades more awesome. Dine in hell for a few dozen more courses and we may be looking at something legendary. Maybe even some sort of fortress built in hell itself. 

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2010, 12:58:49 am »

I don't even understand what happened.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 09, 2010, 12:59:53 am »

I chose to dine in hell because of the framerate. It only dropped 1 fps once the initial surge was over.

Also, our moody metalcrafter is demanding zinc bars (not hard to get) and rough gems.

I don't even understand what happened.

tl;dr of the past twentyish posts:

"damn this fort has bad fps."
Me: "I'll do it when I get to my good comp."
"ok"
Me: "damn this fort has bad fps. I WILL KILL IT IN AWESOMENESS!"
I survived.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:02:38 am by Urist Imiknorris »

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2010, 01:01:54 am »

I think there might be some sort of a bug. 7 FPS would be appropriate for a FlareChannel-like monstrosity, not for a relatively humble for like Goldanguishes.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 09, 2010, 01:03:31 am »

I think there might be some sort of a bug. 7 FPS would be appropriate for a FlareChannel-like monstrosity, not for a relatively humble for like Goldanguishes.

Flarechannel went at 1-2 fps for a good chunk of its life. 40d is also significantly faster than 31.03.

EDIT: Another random Haunt of Salt in the farm. And a Snow Devil from the depths killed Oglokoog and an Axe Lord.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:11:34 am by Urist Imiknorris »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 09, 2010, 01:13:57 am »

Flarechannel went at 1-2 fps for a good chunk of its life. 40d is also significantly faster than 31.03.

EDIT: Another random Haunt of Salt in the farm. And a Snow Devil from the depths killed Oglokoog and an Axe Lord.

Say It ain't so! Not an axe lord!

Also what's Flarechannel?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:18:41 am by Robocorn »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:12 am »

Yes, an axe lord. I'm walling off the underground until we can rebuild our military.

And Flarechannel is this.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 09, 2010, 01:27:37 am »

Use the Google.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 09, 2010, 09:27:58 am »

I had almost written this one off as dead, eagerly reading the thread. Even if we can't manage to finish this fort due to death, it has been a pleasure hosting this succession game.

123BIG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 09, 2010, 09:53:17 am »

No worries 123big, just post in the thread when you get one of the later saves to work at speeds acceptable you you, and then let us know you want to take that turn.

I mean after spending half an hour getting acquainted with the fortress and writing a bitchin' introduction post, I get 7 fps in my face.
Feels sorta anticlimactic.

I guess we can wait until the new version comes out and hope its faster.

Also, just how does that demon invasion work? I heard there is an initial wave, and once its killed off the excrement really hits the propeller. So if you were able to kill off most of the initial wave and leave a few demons, new ones wouldnt spawn? Nah, they probably spawn regardless of the initial wave.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:42:13 am by 123BIG »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 09, 2010, 11:14:22 am »

There's an initial surge, then a "continuous" stream afterwards as more migrate from off-map, just like everywhere else.

Also, I was wrong. The other half of the initial wave decided to attack. I didn't wall off the underground in time. There are chicken fiends in the barracks.

There is a bright spot: One axe lord is currently holding her own against three demons, one of them named.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 09, 2010, 11:40:33 am »

You can always drop the hammer if you're in trouble.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2010, 11:49:59 am »

You can always drop the hammer if you're in trouble.

Drop the hammer?

EDIT: This music sums up the fort pretty well, methinks. ABANDON SHIP.

Spoiler: The main floor (click to show/hide)

"I will stay until the bitter end."
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 12:19:37 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21