Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21

Author Topic: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM  (Read 41033 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2010, 08:49:52 pm »

I took over one of the royal bedrooms and converted it into an emergency crypt. With all the deaths lately, the dwarves are beginning to become depressed. I've commissioned this crypt in hopes that they will be comforted that their brothers are buried in peace. To be honest, I'd prefer to toss the corpses in the volcano, but that's just me...

A truly dwarven death requires the dwarf to be thrown into the fiery blood of the earth or not at all. My dwarf died in a truly dwarven way, as evidenced by the lack of a body.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2010, 09:07:49 pm »

11th Sandstone, 1054, Mid-Autumn

Disaster has struck.

Our brewers refuse to brew any alcohol. Everyone is thirsty and they won't budge. Again, they will not give me any demands. I hope a caravan shows up soon.. If not, I fear we will perish.

13th Sandstone, 1054, Mid-Autumn

One of our soldiers has been possessed and claims a Mason's workshop. This should be interesting.

17th Sandstone, 1054, Mid-Autumn

He made a throne. Whoo?

OOC Update:

Okay, so someone turned off the job cancellation announcement. Apparently the reason we have no booze is because we have no barrels because we have 800 bloody plump helmets in the food stockpile taking up space. I'm trying to cook the plumps in hopes of freeing up some space. Fingers Crossed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:18:43 pm by Matuin »

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2010, 09:21:56 pm »

well, you could also just mass manufacture a billion barrells with our magma industry. We have unused space to expand it.

123BIG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2010, 09:23:53 pm »

well, you could also just mass manufacture a billion barrells with our magma industry. We have unused space to expand it.

If golden boots encrusted with pink gems wont attract migrants, gallons of booze in golden barrels will!

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2010, 09:26:51 pm »

If golden boots encrusted with pink gems wont attract migrants, gallons of booze in golden barrels will!

I'm in the process of doing so, also making wooden barrels with what little wood we have in conjunction with the effort to rid ourselves of 800 plump helmets... But I think some of the dwarves will die before we get there.

3rd Timber, 1054, Late Autumn

Praise be to Koshosh! We have booze!

The brewers apparently had no barrels (Armok forbid the tell me this..) because we have such a surplus of plump helmets.. And they are all clogging our barrels up.

I had to station the guards around the stills. It was a madhouse as everyone rushed to chug down the first barrel of booze. Everyone dropped what they were doing. We even lost one of the injured dwarves (Stairwell accident) because his surgeon stopped mid-cut to drink. I pray we are able to make enough booze to stem the tide of this drought before someone else dies..
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:32:10 pm by Matuin »

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29:07 pm »

yeah, not having any natural water really does make it VERY easy to outmanufacture all the drink in the fortress and have a tantrum spiral before you know it. Also try shutting off all current food production for a while.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2010, 09:32:14 pm »

It means you have to chop down the fungiwood in the caverns, drinking the blood of crundles as you crush them underfoot, YEAH!

or alternatively smelt a crapload of zinc with tetrahedrite (or is that tin?) and make metal barrels.

yeah, not having any natural water really does make it VERY easy to outmanufacture all the drink in the fortress and have a tantrum spiral before you know it. Also try shutting off all current food production for a while.
Dude, dig a well to one of the cavern lakes and make a kickass well with an adamantine chain and that legendary gem bucket.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35:07 pm »

Dude, dig a well to one of the cavern lakes and make a kickass well with an adamantine chain and that legendary gem bucket.

I can't seem to find any bloody body of water. I know there's one somewhere in the cavern, but with the stress of trying to get them to make bloody booze, I haven't delved very far.

EDIT:

13th Timber, 1054, Late Autumn

A caravan has arrived! More wood and booze! Praise be to Ko-

FUCK.

14th Timber, 1054, Late Autumn

We lost our first dwarf to thirst. Ushrir Keskalobok, Bowyer, didn't make it to the booze in time. Armok rest his soul...

15th Timber, 1054, Late Autumn

Bora Sahthet Disem, vile beast from below, has begun her approach on our fortress. She's destroyed the cage traps and doors in our cavern and is ascending the stairs. Our only chance is to stand against her and fight.

I have mustered our two squads and sent them to a mid-point between us and Bora. They are brave and stand fast against her. My prayers are with them...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:47:32 pm by Matuin »

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2010, 09:46:30 pm »

I forgot to mention this earlier, but as I was checking our military earlier, the standard uniform for equiped dwarves is a copper axe, copper shield, and copper breastplate; thats it. Essentially like hoplites but with copper instead of bronze. Also, could you post the materials of that forgotten beast? Is it unkillable or can we still try to rush it?

edit: also, don't forget that the 50 story staircase can be collapsed by a certain switch if the thing manages to breach past our defenses(army since flying will avoid it).

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2010, 09:46:44 pm »

Break out the dwarven wine! Our first titan is here, and it apparently has deadly blood. You'll be legend if you don't kill us Matuin!

There's some water on the first cavern level (eastern side I think) It shouldn't be that hard to find.

It didn't say what it is made of soEDIT:It's got scales It's made of flesh . Make some armor out of its chitin or something, and fricasse up its meat.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:50:06 pm by Robocorn »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2010, 09:48:29 pm »

Break out the dwarven wine! Our first titan is here, and it apparently has deadly blood. You'll be legend if you don't kill us Matuin!

There's some water on the first cavern level (eastern side I think) It shouldn't be that hard to find.

I found it, but it's on the opposite side of the volcano. Gonna take some time to reach it.

And frankly, just a little busy with the whole titan of doom thing =P

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2010, 09:49:10 pm »

Also, the new Report "r" hotkey will give you combat reports in case anything awesome happens. Let me kknow if my Dwarf dies, since he is in the military and poorly equiped but a legendary fighter.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2010, 09:51:00 pm »

also, before the thing dies, try to give us a creature details on the thing (thoughts screen)

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2010, 09:56:40 pm »

The thoughts screen just repeats what is in the first announcement

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2010, 09:58:25 pm »

Oh I see, well at least it isn't made of metal or unkillable.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21