Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Author Topic: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM  (Read 41031 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2010, 01:36:34 pm »

I'm going to have to pass. My computer for the week doesn't like downloaded 31.xx saves.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »

I'm going to have to pass. My computer for the week doesn't like downloaded 31.xx saves.

Then I guess it's my turn. I'll go DL the save.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2010, 02:49:58 pm »

Crap, sorry about that guys. didn't really get on the computer at all yesterday, really sorry I forgot to update. This seems to keep happening, so probably best just to take me off the list. I thought I'd be able to squeeze DF time in, but with the kid and getting trained in a new job at work, just don't seem to have the time for it.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2010, 04:42:04 pm »

Crap, sorry about that guys. didn't really get on the computer at all yesterday, really sorry I forgot to update. This seems to keep happening, so probably best just to take me off the list. I thought I'd be able to squeeze DF time in, but with the kid and getting trained in a new job at work, just don't seem to have the time for it.
My saying is always RL > Video Games

EDIT: Exploring the fort now. This is going to be fun...

1st Granite, 1054, Early Spring

Quatch has withdrawn into his office and refuses to come out. It has been decided that I will take over for him.

Armok help us.

2nd Granite, 1054, Early Spring

We appear to have no booze in the fortress. This is a bad thing, in my opinion. My first order of business is to rectify this.

Secondly, our defenses are.. Well, pathetic. All that stands between us and the outside world is a drawbridge, a few traps and a Trade Depot. I've ordered all available masons to begin building a watchtower as well as an extended courtyard. I will fill this courtyard with... Surprises.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:22:42 pm by Matuin »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2010, 05:19:12 pm »

Sorry to hear that Tim, hope your new job goes well.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2010, 05:47:49 pm »

25th Granite, 1054, Early Spring

I have spent most of the past month on the surface, shivering my ass off as I oversee the new defensive structures. They are coming along very nicely, so I decided to check on my first order, the booze stockpile...

When I took power, I ordered the brewery to make 90 orders of booze. The "Boozemaster", a certain Zon, nodded furiously and rushed off. A month later now, when I came to check on him, I got the report that we have made a total of 5 order. FIVE!?

Turns out we only have one still, which has been working around the clock. While this was fine for the embark party, we are now A bustling fortress with alot of mouths to feed. I've ordered a hold on the defense preparations in order to build a new brewery with more stills and an expanded kitchen.

3rd Slate, 1054, Mid-Spring

Libash Saziran, one of our Armorsmiths, has withdrawn from Society and taken a Magma Forge. I'm excited to see what he brings out. I swear, if it is a bloody metal show menacing with spikes, He's going to be the first one on my next exploratory team into the caverns.

9th Slate, 1054, Mid-Spring

Libash has begun constructing something. He has a ton of silk and a gold bar, as well as some pink gems. I have a feeling whatever he's making is going to look very.. Elven.

13th Slate, 1054, Mid-Spring

*sigh*

14th Slate, 1054, Mid-Spring

Migrants arrived. 20 of them. Our population is now 78.

Just as I was showing them to their bedrooms, I received a report that our Trader had died... From colliding with an obstacle. I'm not even sure what that means, but I've ordered his mess cleaned up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 06:07:20 pm by Matuin »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2010, 06:25:41 pm »

4th Felsite, 1054, Late Spring

Two of our war dogs have died after "colliding with an obstacle". Armok help us, we have no idea what is going on in the caverns.

7th Felsite, 1054, Late Spring

One of our Gem Cutters has begun to collect leather cloaks. I'm a little worried about his mental health. I will have him watched.

19th Hematite, Early Summer

Six more migrants showed up today, bringing us to a total of 83 Dwarves. All of the migrants have been put into the military and ordered to train.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:08:48 pm by Matuin »

Melagius

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord and Master here
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2010, 07:15:54 pm »

Uh oh.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2010, 07:20:00 pm »

Colliding with an obstacle is a roundabout way of saying they fell, and that hitting the ground killed them.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2010, 07:29:12 pm »

Colliding with an obstacle is a roundabout way of saying they fell, and that hitting the ground killed them.

Ah, this explains why all three deaths occured at the bottom of the 50 story long staircase into the caverns.

12th Malachite, 1054, Mid-Summer

Rith Atulmonom (Omnomnom?), Gem Cutter, has been possessed. He started cackling and running around the hallways before he claimed a jewelcrafter's workshop. I've stationed a guard outside his door while he works. We'll see what happens.

13th Malachite, 1054, Mid-Summer

Rith, between cackling and muttering the name "Gethnog", grabbed a handful of Opals and a large slab of Diorite, then locked himself in the workshop. The guard has been doubled. I worry for our safety.

18th Malachite, 1054, Mid-Summer

Rith emerged from the workshop with a dazed look on his face. The guard seized him and his creation and brought them to me. When I asked Rith what he was thinking and what was going on, he was confused, saying he didn't remember a think.

Well, we got a bucket made of gems now. Whoo.

25th Malachite, 1054, Mid-Summer

I decided to visit Rith, to congratulate him on the artifact he create (Even if he didn't remember it.) When I reached his dormitory, however, he was unconscious and in very bad shape. I found the nearest guard and asked him what happened. He had no idea. Nor did any of the doctors.

I looked through our records and it appears Rith has been bed-ridden for the past 2 years. He was injured in 1052. Somehow, he managed to drag himself into the jeweler's workshop and created a bucket from Gems. I'm... Speechless.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 07:54:29 pm by Matuin »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2010, 08:10:19 pm »

11th Galena, Late Summer, 1054

2 Dwarves have died recently. A dyer and a butcher, both fell down the long staircase that leads into the caverns. Their pets, racked with grief, followed.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2010, 08:12:42 pm »

we need some dwarven science to figure this one out.

edit: what I mean to say is that sounds very unsafe.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2010, 08:24:15 pm »

I'm in the process of trying to build a safety wall around the staircase (Seriously, whoever dug this shit out is an asshole. It's 50 stories ><) but all the dwarves are being emo and no one will work. Everything I tell them to do gets suspended for now reason. I've been exploring the fortress for why, but I have no idea. They are walking up and down the staircase to get the bodies at the bottom (Some of them have fallen off the staircase holding a body. *sigh*) but no one will build the wall.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2010, 08:26:23 pm »

try to designate some as masons? At worst it might be some sort of hostile vermin, but I wouldn't know why it would refuse to show up on any of the lists if that were the case.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2010, 08:28:22 pm »

try to designate some as masons? At worst it might be some sort of hostile vermin, but I wouldn't know why it would refuse to show up on any of the lists if that were the case.

EVERYONE is a mason right now. None of them will build walls or bridges or floors. It's like a mason's guild strike.

UPDATE: They all just decided to work. I don't know, and I don't care. At least they're working.

2nd Limestone, 1054, Mid-Autumn

The masons went on strike during the month of Hematite. I have no idea why, they wouldn't make any demands, they just stood around saying they weren't going to do shit.

Despite the setbacks, my defense scheme is almost complete. I need a few finishing touches and we will be ready for anything...

10th Limestone, 1054, Early Autumn

I took over one of the royal bedrooms and converted it into an emergency crypt. With all the deaths lately, the dwarves are beginning to become depressed. I've commissioned this crypt in hopes that they will be comforted that their brothers are buried in peace. To be honest, I'd prefer to toss the corpses in the volcano, but that's just me...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 08:40:48 pm by Matuin »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21