Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM  (Read 41012 times)

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
Re: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2010, 07:17:58 pm »

Ok. Starting. Wish me fun.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2010, 07:20:49 pm »

May Armok bless you with many cave dragons, and all the crundles you can catch.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2010, 07:52:51 pm »

edit: confirmed
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:05:53 pm by heyguys »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2010, 08:06:36 pm »

yup, pretty much

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2010, 09:09:54 pm »

Year 3.

Ooookay then.

Robocorn is on "vacation". Outside isi too dangerous, and the caves (for some reason, involving magma) are too dangerous too, so he's on vacation in the boneworks. Says I should find him some ant-men-carapaces soon.

I guess my work logging the stones we've mined earned me this job, because it sure wasn't the silver axes. You bury people with silver axes, not arm them.

Taking stock, I find our most pressing need, surprisingly, isn't that the caves are flooding with magma, but that we appear to be out of food AND booze. Worse, someone built a well. This means the problem was known about.

Then I suppose I'll deal with the magma. I mean, its just a few caverns that will fill up with magma, whats the loss? It'll serve Robocorn right if his precious carapaces burn up.

Curious. We have a mass of "farmers", but noone really knows anything about planting, and noone even seems to be trying.

3rd Granite. Melbil Tinothcilob went insane. Thanks for the heads up about the leather I needed up here. Old melbil has decided that it would be best if we all just died.

Urvad Nirudib is the first on the list. Doesn't look like he'll make it. I've mobilized the squad though. And altered the doctor. Who mentioned that we don't have any medial equipment whatsoever.

Urvad's dead. Strangely Melbil ripped him to shreds--except for his feet. Left those alone.

Tun, a wrestler, not doing so well. I think we'll need splints, and casts. Probably the traction bench too.

6th Granite. It's all over, except for the chirurgery. 1 dead (aside from poor Melbil), 1 extremely wounded, and one minor torso mangling, sadly this is Heyguys. A few more with mangled limbs. I'll help the doctor get what he needs for a hospital. Probably have to rip up a few bedrooms.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:17:40 pm by Quatch »
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2010, 09:16:33 pm »

:D To be fair we never needed a hospital until now  :D

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2010, 09:18:52 pm »

:D To be fair we never needed a hospital until now  :D

Oh I don't doubt it, Most of my forts don't need them, I play a tad cautiously. This is the first bezerker I've had this version.

I've got a few ideas about that magma spill, but I am prioritizing survival.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:21:10 pm by Quatch »
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »

Year 3, part 2.

20th Granite. Mining accident. Matuin broke through a floor whilst channeling and fell 1 story. His leg is broken, and he's a bruised lower torso. Good thing our doctor has practice.

Some of our food issues are sorted out, thanks to a spurious bull, and some tallow biscuits. Planting is moving well, so booze may once again favour our halls.

I'm afraid to look downstairs though.

28th Granite. No food, no drink. Apparently that sounds like a pleasant place to settle to the 20 or so new dwarves. Kogan's squad is now full, we've a new surgeon, a few excellent metalworkers, and everyone else is good at hauling rocks. (Is that the dwarven version of peeling potatoes on a ship?)

27 people are sitting on their hands while Heyguys starves to death in the hospital. I yell, but they just sit around.

[Sorry man, I just can't get anyone to bring you food. Not sure what else to try. Suggestions? All we have right now are some prepared meals (no booze involved). People bring water, and you've been diagnosed and washed.

I've had more injury and suffering in this month of this fort than all the remaining 31 I've played.]
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2010, 10:54:02 pm »

oh that's right... we've been eating crundle for the last couple of months :-\
Try slaughtering the Dralthas. The friggin' things weight 2500 gammas.

I think they only carry prepared food like biscuits and buckets of water.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:39:24 am by Robocorn »

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2010, 11:40:12 pm »

NOOO! SAVE THE MINER! HE'S COOLER THAN HEYGUYS!

I mean.. Um..

Hi.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2010, 12:45:20 am »

make more food if i'm not dead yet.

123BIG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2010, 06:05:34 am »

Year 3

Sounds like Fun! Also, dorf me. It will be interesting to see how i die :)

As for the food problems, i suggest setting up farms in cavern soil and walling them off from nasties.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 07:51:19 am by 123BIG »

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2010, 07:41:16 am »

Hi, could I please be dorf'd (nickname Oglokoog) and possibly also put in the line for a turn? I'm a bit new to this game, I'm only just playing my fourth fortress now, but I'll try to play as much DF as possible before my turn'd come up. As a sort-of-noob, I might fuck up the fort just enough to provide the next person with large amounts of FUN :)
(also, hurt miners are a pain... has anyone figured out how to make the healthcare system work yet?)
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

123BIG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2010, 07:53:33 am »

(also, hurt miners are a pain... has anyone figured out how to make the healthcare system work yet?)
What is up with your miners? In my fort all healthcare except surgery works fine, though i heard suturing didnt work for some people.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2010, 09:00:15 am »

I've got some farming going (lots in the ground, should be up soon!), and the doctors (yay immigrants with basic skills) are doing their thing. Just gotta get the patients fed. We've enough livestock (I'd rather breed it, but hey) to see us through to the crops come up.

123BIG, and Oglokoog, I'll dorf you, any preferences? Lots of choice right now.

Wounded Dwarves:
Mautin: Faint, red upper right leg.
HeyGuys: Unconcious, yellow lower body. Starving, thirsty (just appeared). Doctor Deduk is tending.
Kikrost Z: Unc. pale. read left lower arm and red upper right leg. He hasn't made it to the hospital yet :( camped out in his bedroom.

Seriously, I don't have this much trouble in most forts.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 09:03:40 am by Quatch »
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21