Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: If I flood my fortress...  (Read 2283 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If I flood my fortress...
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 04:34:28 am »

Yep, they are listed under Extract (Animal) in the food stockpile.
Dunno if you can make meals with it, but considering the fact that there are RL recipes that were/are made with blood
(like for example  blood sausage) it should normally be enabled (probably with the same restrictions that go for other liquids,
i.e. that you cannot make a meal made purely out of blood and/or other liquids)

Mseven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 05:24:41 am »

One dwarf get a papercut near the entrace, and the lower floors will look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlAmXGIbo84#t=00m02s

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 08:03:53 am »

If all else fails you might want to try DFHack. It has a clean tool that cleans the whole map of blood. Sure it's cheating but I'd say it's fair on the grounds that the dwarves won't clean it on their own for whatever reason.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 08:06:52 am »

Will the blood go away?

It would get notably more messy.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 08:53:08 am »

I have a tendency to build my forts above ground. Because I'm not 100% dwarfy... my argument is simply 'why hide underground when the most fun is up here?'... and the fact I also seem to get miners with death wishes. So I go through hundreds of picks early.

So I have the problem on some maps, that if it doesn't rain, then I end up with the gatehouse and the streets nearby paved in blood.
Not that it really matters. It does get on my nerves when it's in the workshop buildings though... In which I just build a floor over it, or remove the floor that's already there.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

IKillZombieWolves

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:39 am »

If it never rains, you could spam a bunch of constructed floors or walls. That'll destroy the blood.
Are you referring to blood inside the fortress or outside, because if a subterranian fortress had rain in it and it wasn't really beer I think theres something wrong.

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 12:45:11 pm »

What I do is, I move all my dwarves and items and furniture into a little bomb shelter and send a wave of magma through the now-all-blank fortress. Bauxite hatch covers in the event I can't make a higher room.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 02:45:23 pm »

If it's a surface area, running water will eventually wipe out bloodstains, or at least carry them into the river. Not sure about below the surface, but is covering your entire fortress in mud really an improvement anyway?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!
Pages: 1 [2]