Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something funny  (Read 1048 times)

Salabasama

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-elf
    • View Profile
Something funny
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:45:28 pm »

I settled on a goblin fortress recently, and digging down to the caves I noticed that a tunnel was visible despite it not being open to the air, with one end obscured, which I uncovered, to learn it ends soon after I loose sight of it.

But that's not the funny thing I saw.  I abandoned and came back as an adventurer to investigate the large area with superiorly engraved floors I found in the caves.  I noticed nothing unusual about the area beyond the engraved floors, until I realized the map showed the temple right above me, and the area was the exact shape of the temple.  Heh, bug.
I keep thinking glacier fortress would be fun, but it always ends up as cave layer fortress.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Something funny
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:12:21 pm »

I settled on a goblin fortress recently, and digging down to the caves I noticed that a tunnel was visible despite it not being open to the air, with one end obscured, which I uncovered, to learn it ends soon after I loose sight of it.

But that's not the funny thing I saw.  I abandoned and came back as an adventurer to investigate the large area with superiorly engraved floors I found in the caves.  I noticed nothing unusual about the area beyond the engraved floors, until I realized the map showed the temple right above me, and the area was the exact shape of the temple.  Heh, bug.

That seems to happen more commonly now, the code for knowing where to place the buildings seems a bit off. On the roads which towns make its not uncommon for there to be bridges just laying there on solid ground or projecting off a cliff face but going nowhere. I once found a food shop at the bottom of a 7 z deep pit with no way out.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:52:32 pm »

Its not a bug, this is before the era of convenience stores. This is the area of INCONVENIENCE STORES!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:49:13 pm »

Its not a bug, this is before the era of convenience stores. This is the area of INCONVENIENCE STORES!
The front door is made of molten lead, the clerk hits you in the shins with a crowbar every 30 seconds, the bathroom is on fire, they only sell piss in a bottle and you have to pay in your own severed fingers.