Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23547 times)

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #315 on: May 27, 2010, 03:17:39 pm »

No longer shall ye Britains keep we Irish folk down! Ahoy me laddies, Irish revolution! Grab yer shillelagh  and beat the oppressors!

That might result in some indecent exposure charges.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 27, 2010, 03:18:34 pm »

Perv.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 28, 2010, 01:27:13 am »

Perv.

You caught me red handed.

I believe I've had too much coffee as, for some reason, I felt utterly compelled to include the spoiler'd comment. Seriously. I couldn't delete the text and I couldn't not press the "Post" button. I sat staring at the screen for some five minutes before I concluded that if I wanted to do anything else with my life other than stare at this potential post, I needed to hit the post button.

I want to report my brain for being weird, now.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 28, 2010, 02:29:21 am »

I once was repremanded by Toady for drawing attention to the fact that the person I was debating was arguing based on information he knew off hand, and thus was used to fill in the gaps of what he was saying, that we didn't have readily available (it is common in debate, many people speak as if they were speaking to themselves rather then others). Nothing happened really. Though it was deleted mostly because I said so with little tact (I said it earnestly rather then trying to be nice about it) so I came off as a jerk/troll. I am on the fence on whether I agree or not, though I am much more tollerant of people who speak like that.

I also once had a topic deleted because I was using SimEarth as a comparison to discover possible features of Spore. It was deleted for being offtopic. So obviously the Mod knew nothing of SimEarth or Spore.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:38:15 am by Neonivek »

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 28, 2010, 02:45:14 am »

That's funny, as SimEarth was supposed to be something like Spore early on, but had to be simplified due to technological limitations of the time.

Will Wright, at one point, said he was trying to make Spore be what SimEarth was supposed to be.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 28, 2010, 03:46:58 am »

Hi!

That's funny, as SimEarth was supposed to be something like Spore early on, but had to be simplified due to technological limitations of the time.

Will Wright, at one point, said he was trying to make Spore be what SimEarth was supposed to be.

O.o
Really?
I never would have put Spore into that corner. Sure, there was something of a sandbox/toy nature to it, but it seemed to be too much on a personal scale...

But then again, most rumors I heard about were by people interesting in the potential for fetish material in the game, so some details may have passed me (I am not an online gamer, so this whole online-centrism has put me off early on).

Deathworks

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 28, 2010, 03:56:27 am »

It was more then that. It was simplified for gameplay and marketing reasons as well. (Ragdoll was technical)

For example the Cell phase went from a oddly realistic version into a Cartoony version. Despite being more silly and less accurate it has overall better gameplay and coherance then the original.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 28, 2010, 03:57:58 am »

They did it for better gameplay?

I think I'd rather have played hours and hours of what Wright did in the demo, even if it was just killing and eating and running away, then do the button press grindfest we got to do instead.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 28, 2010, 04:00:01 am »

No, no. SimEarth was simplified for technical reasons. The idea was somewhat Spore-like, but the technology just wasn't there yet.

EA got their claws on Spore. I'm sure they fed it to H̦̟̝̤̖̼͖e̪̫̻̼̣̼ ̯̩w҉ho̮̬̩̤̬̺ ̠̝w̳a̩͕̤i̹t̬̠̣͇̼ͅs̡̖ ̤̙̜́ͅb̫̟̰e̛͚̟͚̝̲̗h͚͓̳̫͚̙͠ͅị̧̝̟n̶̲d͏ ̵̪̳͙̯̥͚ͅT̬̦͖̭͙̹̘h̗͇̪͉e͔̥̗̳̗̞̫ W̦͎͖͔̟ͅa̛̱̦͖̺̠̼ḷ̞̟͖̥͚͞ͅl̛̪͉̠̥ or something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 28, 2010, 04:04:22 am »

Ok I REALLY got to stop starting arguements on Spore...

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 28, 2010, 04:07:19 am »

Ok I REALLY got to stop starting arguements on Spore...

Honestly, you didn't start an argument. It was a simple misunderstanding that you thought I meant Spore was simplified for technical reasons. I meant that SimEarth was simplified for technical reasons.

Spore was simplified because it revealed secrets of the G̶r̶͜ę̀͢at̸̴̸ Ol̴d́ ̵҉Oǹ̢ȩ͠s̵̷.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 28, 2010, 04:11:23 am »

A little late for that trend here, Zombie. I remember Dalesh doing it around a year ago. And boy did he do it well.

You know, every time I have done something stupid that got me a warning it was at like five in the morning. Like right now.

Quick, I need some straight to the book white guy handcuffed to me to make sure I don't repeat my mistakes!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 28, 2010, 01:25:34 pm »

A little late for that trend here, Zombie. I remember Dalesh doing it around a year ago. And boy did he do it well.

You know, every time I have done something stupid that got me a warning it was at like five in the morning. Like right now.

Quick, I need some straight to the book white guy handcuffed to me to make sure I don't repeat my mistakes!

Well, I don't care. I, honestly, think the c̩͓͇ͤͣ̈́̈́o̷̼̺̺͎̠̒ͮͪͅr̐̎̒͗̃̚̕r̅̚u̧͇̘̝̎͐͊̇ͪͩ̀p̷̫̗̙͍͓ͤ̾̀̿ͣt̴͙͕͓̞̘͗̎̌͌̓ĕ͖͔̇d̥̠̺ͣ̒͗ text looks quite cool. I know it's most likely cliche to say it, but I don't do it to be trendy. It's simply another thing I can incorporate into my online image in order to further express myself. Personally, I'm more likely to go C̸͉̭̻̩t̷͍̩̗ͧ̐̓h̓̌ͮͪ̃̀̔u̩̻͖̮̬̍ͬ̋̀͆ͬ̀l͏͍͖͙͕h͑̽ŭ͉̖̱ͥ͆͠ ̝̱ͦ͌̅̿͡f̸̱͚̹͗̓̏̽ͅͅh̍̀̿̐t̟͊ͮͪ̍͝a͓̅̅͋̋̏g͇͇̖̳̣ň̹̩̬͈ͤͯ́̽̀́́!̯͗̑̆͂ͨͅ than to go Z͓̖̞͌ͫ͛ͅa͍̝̟̳͈̋l̦̓͢g͈͕̱͛ͥ̿̉̊ͮó̎̔͏!̰ͮ̓ͫ̔ͅ or something. I think the Zalgo craze is kind of stupid, but "He who waits behind The Wall" seems very Lovecraftian to me, even though I've heard tell that the origins of this were just someone being silly and wasn't influenced by Lovecraft at all.

Also, "He who waits behind The Wall" sounds kind of awesome. Like this story. Personally, I think the "He who waits behind The Wall" thing would be a whole lot more epic and creepy if there just was no name (or a completely obscured one that amounts to a random string of characters) to attach to it. Like Cthulu, who's proper name is supposed to drive people to insanity on just hearing it spoken or something. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong Lovecraftian thing, but still I think I make my point. :P

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 03, 2010, 12:34:47 pm »

And I just got banned from 7chan:

You have been banned from posting on All boards for the following reason:

*BANG* x_x

Your ban was placed on June 3, 2010, 06:02 am PDT, and will expire on June 4, 2010, 06:02 am

You may appeal this ban in 4 days 19 hours.

Well that's what you get for playing Russian roulette.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 03, 2010, 01:53:06 pm »

I've heard of that, hehehe.  I don't see why someone would do that.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24