Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23572 times)

Char13magne

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeah, It's Charlemagne, with a sword, by Dürer.
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #240 on: May 06, 2010, 12:06:50 pm »

Who said anything about close-combat? I was suggesting just throwing one of them into the enemy's chest and jumping him while he's in shock.

"Great, Porthos. You've discovered a way to effectively disarm yourself." (The Three Musketeers, Alexandre Dumas)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 12:09:59 pm by Char13magne »
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
               Voltaire

"To have another language is to possess a second soul."              
               Charlemagne

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 06, 2010, 12:09:13 pm »

I've been reprimand once.

It was a fair call too. Outside the forums, I griefed a goon server in the game Space Station 13 and I think I got banned for that, which was fair as well.

I am a walking paragon of righteous Justice, apparently.

The easiest places to get banned from are MMO forums ( especially MMORPG.com, god damn the moderators there are all over the place, it's the stupidest thing in the world ) simply due to the fact that they pick moderators from groups of highly opinionated players, give them even MORE anonymity ( you usually never know what the name of the mod that banned you was ) and allow them to ban people without warning.
Don't sterotype...:(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 06, 2010, 04:11:10 pm »

I suppose a heavily roleplay-enforced MUD would be good for that sort of thing. Not that I know, I've never actually tried one.

I actually helped run one of these. We had a bunch of impartial mods and I headed the building and security teams. Security made sure roleplaying was enforced and handled trouble. I moonlighted with events as well because, well... I could make stuff. :P Being a "builder" there kind of meant making stuff and then doing random events... Anyway, we were very careful when it came to scams because there was 1 global OOC (Out of character, if you don't know) channel and 1 private OOC tell channel and both were very clearly marked. In order for it to be a true scam, the player had to somehow influence the other OOCly (metagaming, pretty much) in order to accomplish the scam. It was damn hard to figure things out, but after a while we implemented town criers and bulletin boards. Every so often characters in the vicinity of the boards would hear a dull thud and then the town crier would read the message so the whole area could hear. It was pretty hilarious when players started reporting other players IC-ly (in character, if you don't know) via messengers that took their reports to the "authorities" which was, essentially us. Often we'd take their very scathing remarks, make them sound a bit like old english and put them verbatim in the bulletin.

It was pretty priceless when the town criers would yell out, "Jacke Thomas is a man-wrangling mongrel whore! Beware his feeble attempts at trickeries! Protect your backsides and stab him in the face to save yourself trouble!"
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 06, 2010, 04:36:06 pm »

Also, entering lowsec and saying "hi guys" is a great way to see what the inside of your ship an empty local chat looks like.
In fact entering lowsec at all. The gates between low and high security space are pretty much camped 24/7. completely safe 99% of the time, with the exception of a few specific systems.
Fixed.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 06, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »

The amount of irony in this thread was delicious.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 06, 2010, 04:41:59 pm »

Oh, hello again.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 06, 2010, 04:49:32 pm »

Hello there.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 06, 2010, 06:33:06 pm »

Also, entering lowsec and saying "hi guys" is a great way to see what the inside of your ship an empty local chat looks like.
In fact entering lowsec at all. The gates between low and high security space are pretty much camped 24/7. completely safe 99% of the time, with the exception of a few specific systems.
Fixed.
That's true, but no-one will believe you :P
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 06, 2010, 09:57:50 pm »

Fixed.
That's true, but no-one will believe you :P

Your premise contradicts your conclusion, you realize. By saying it's true, you voice belief. This means that someone believes him, invalidating your statement that no-one will believe him.

Logic ninja'd!
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2010, 11:59:58 am »

There's a special circle of hell reserved for moderators who abuse their power. There, an ugly man might punch you in the mouth when you do or say anything. It's completely random, but there appears to be some pattern. There are posted rules, nobody else follows them, but you have to or you get punched in the mouth. This goes on for ten thousand years, and when you think you'll be let out they just ignore you. If you complain, your sentence gets reset and you get punched in the mouth.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2010, 12:28:22 pm »

I have never been banned, warned, reprimanded or even muted for anything. 

Actually, that's not quite true...  I think I was once banned from a WarCraft 3 server on my first match of a custom game type that I'd never played before.

I was so focused on trying to learn what was going on/survive that I apparently missed the memo where some guy on the opposing team had gone AFK and was thus untouchable.  When I brought the fight to the enemy in an effort to benefit my team, everybody freaked out and started hammering me with insults.  They immediately commanded me to repair the situation, but before I could figure out how to do so I was kicked and banned permanently.

I can understand why that might be seen as a dickish move on my part, but I honestly had no idea what was going on.  I had just cracked open the shell of my panicked defenses to try and help out, and I guess I ended up targeting the wrong dude.  "No good deed goes unpunished", eh?

But yeah, never had trouble on a forum.  I've vehemently disagreed with a few moderators/admins in my time, but I don't seem to get singled out for discipline.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2010, 12:31:03 pm »

IMO if someone's AFK in the middle of a game they deserve everything they get. In Counterstrike:Source, for example, the common practice is to knife them.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2010, 12:36:56 pm »

Ooh, the talk about killing AFKs reminded me that I've gotten kicked from a ton of Soldat servers, mostly for kicking so much ass I got accused of hacking.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2010, 12:40:28 pm »

You can respawn in CS:S.  This was a strategy game.  And apparently he'd said something about him having to leave for a bit, and the other guys agreed to a truce since this guy was apparently also kind of new to the map/game/so forth.  I just missed the messages.

You know, I probably should have known something was up with the sluggish behavior of his troops when I attacked...  But I was more concerned with just keeping my finger hovering over the "RETREAT!  SAVE YOURSELVES!" button should anything go tits-up on my side of things.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2010, 12:41:58 pm »

Usually when you play on Warcraft 3, the AFKer is the one who gets the custom kick and ban.

Fortunately, there is no way you'll ever encounter that guy again, so the ban is meaningless.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24