Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23609 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 06:33:14 am »

Like the Japanese government suppressing crop strains that could double the production of rice ALL over Asia.

can anybody link me to an article on this?

Pathos

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2010, 07:04:27 am »

can anybody link me to an article on this?

I read it either in the Independent ( probably this one ) or the Telegraph. Both are UK papers and I've never seen it ANYWHERE else.

Basically, one of the writers had two rice head things put on his desk. One at normal size ( with a rice count of around 210, I believe ) and the other the new strain ( with a rice count of around 380 ). He'd not paid much attention to it, until he realised what it could mean for the whole world. So, he went to meet the guy who'd bred it, who admitted it was pretty tasteless but was of the same nutritional value. He got told he was wasting his time making tasteless breeds of rice, ( he should be making tastier ones, apparently ) and his project got pretty much shut down.

He was lamenting the fact that he just wanted to help the world out.

It had an inverted economy, since everyone was after skills, raw materials were more expensive than finished products, so people who provide services (like coal miners) made more money than producers, second only to wholesalers. The coal clan hired people to mine, and would sell coal at high prices and buy in low prices, yet it was still had for a middleman to take advantage of that.

Vanguard's economy was more toward making goods, as everyone was specialized, where RS everyone was equal opportunity when it came to a profession

This is the trouble with the whole "skill up" system. Especially since you can get decent armour just wandering around.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:07:22 am by Pathos »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2010, 09:46:03 am »

I got a warning for spamming with Org in the zombie survival thread because I hate him.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 10:24:57 am »

There is only so long you can play ss13 before you perform some act of griefing. I believe I've gotten banned twice in that (once when I was the traitor...), but nothing else comes to mind.
Oddly I kind of feel I might make a good b12 moderator, I tend to read the general discussion and other games boards a lot (though not the sub-board play with your buddies). I'm biased here but I consider myself capable of being neutral, and I participate very little, seriously, look at my post count compared to how long I've been around, I've never stopped reading the b12 forums, and I've remained a lurker in some portion of this place since I first found out about DF. I've grown oddly attached to the GD/OG area...

Pathos

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 10:34:05 am »

There is only so long you can play ss13 before you perform some act of griefing. I believe I've gotten banned twice in that (once when I was the traitor...), but nothing else comes to mind.
Oddly I kind of feel I might make a good b12 moderator, I tend to read the general discussion and other games boards a lot (though not the sub-board play with your buddies). I'm biased here but I consider myself capable of being neutral, and I participate very little, seriously, look at my post count compared to how long I've been around, I've never stopped reading the b12 forums, and I've remained a lurker in some portion of this place since I first found out about DF. I've grown oddly attached to the GD/OG area...

The trouble with SS13 is that you can be accused of griefing by some whiner over almost anything, and considering how immature 90% of BYOND is...

Best time on SS13 was me accidentally blowing up half of the station whilst I was explosions tech with a little slightly mentally inhibited companion. I don't actually know if that counts as griefing. Pure accident, though.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2010, 10:35:29 am »

Nah, that ain't griefing. Griefin's when you do that on purpose, to fuck around with everyone else.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2010, 10:37:27 am »

Was playing modern warfare 2 last night and this moron was just ripping into other players through text chat, saying how bad they all are and such. supposedly because he was max level he was the greatest thing on earth. The scores consistently showed otherwise, he was terrible at the game and typing constantly did not help him at all.

He kept abusing this one other player who was pretty good, saying how he was adopted and his real mother was raped.

who lets these kids on the internet? I'm gonna see if I can report him. MW2 lacks an in game way of reporting abuse.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2010, 10:39:31 am »

I had a 3 day silence on this forum that lasted about 6/8 days. The reasons being for 'trolling' (god damn it i hate that word) the happy thread and for making jokes about rapists. In my defense, the rapist joke was in the dwarf therapist thread where a number of people had made the same joke, so i thought it was acceptable.

I've been banned on some Ragnarok private server forums for reasons i forget.
Banned for low ping on various Soldat servers.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2010, 11:05:29 am »

The only time I've been banned was on Trackmania, when I beat someone's time. Apparently they don't like other people holding records.  :D
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2010, 03:21:05 pm »

Oh yes, I *was* banned for "cheating" on an AssaultCube server... My ping was a few hundred lower than everyone else's, and a few individuals were getting pretty pissy. One guy apparently decided that I was causing him to lag, and started saying that I was cheating. Everyone else hopped on the bandwagon (banwagon?) and I got kicked.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2010, 03:28:00 pm »

who lets these kids on the internet? I'm gonna see if I can report him. MW2 lacks an in game way of reporting abuse.

What they need to do is mute people when they die. Make it more realistic.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2010, 03:35:21 pm »

What they need to do is mute people when they die. Make it more realistic.

Realistic would be deleting your live account when you die, like that Steel Battalion where dying erases your save games. In addition they would send a man to your house to smash the system with a hammer just for giggles, because they're microsoft after all.

Online shooters in particular seem to be prone to this sort of thing. I still say they shouldn't let anyone who's balls haven't dropped be able to use voice chat; half the time it just sounds like the adults from Charlie Brown on helium sped up to chipmunk speed. My ears, they bleed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:37:09 pm by piecewise »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2010, 04:12:16 pm »

Ive been muted here once for something stupid, and I had 2 warnings before, 1 which was completely irrevelant.

ThreeToe first tell me to stop, which I do. Then he messages me again for something I did earlier (I said fuck you to someone) and he is telling me to cool of or he'll mute me, first of all I already stopped posting and second I did that earlier. Then I was muted for 10 days for restarting a flame war, when somebody asked what happened. This is what I said

wait, what happened in this thread?

Someone made some sexual...things on Kael's Bay 12 server. Flamewar ensued.

Don't ask.

Immature guy cried about a penis looking spaceship. Volatar was the belly acher. Dont cry about me being honest Volatar.

toad: reported -- 10 day mute

Then the guy (Volatar) said I must remove the post in 6 hours or I would be reported. I responded with this

wait, what happened in this thread?

Someone made some sexual...things on Kael's Bay 12 server. Flamewar ensued.

Don't ask.

Immature guy cried about a penis looking spaceship. Volatar was the belly acher. Dont cry about me being honest Volatar.

You have 6 hours to remove your post before I call Toady back in for you trying to start the flamewar back up.

I was saying you should stop, nothing more. I will now ignore you. Stop.

You can say I raged.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2010, 04:35:14 pm »

How can you not see why you were muted for that? Someone asked what happened and rather than replying impartially or ignoring it you attempted to get the last word by insulting those who didn't agree with you.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2010, 04:38:34 pm »

I said he was immature and told him him who was it. Impartial would be "Immature manchild bitched about a penis looking ship,when it didnt even look like a penis, the dumbass was Volatar".

toad - due to prior actions, 15 day mute for this and some subsequent posts
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:30:52 pm by Toady One »
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24