Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23610 times)

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 09:53:57 pm »

I played this awful online game that if I remember correctly was about giant fighting robots...
About 1 minute in, I was killed and said something like, "goddamit you got me," and was instantly transported to this chat with a moderator.
Apparently mild curses got you put in 'time-out' where a moderator would reprimand you. I told the moderator that it was ridiculous and the game was terrible anyways. I was banned.

Another time I was banned on an IRC chat - and this is the most ridiculous - for saying that burning ants was more humane pest control than using a pesticide. The only girl that ever frequented the channel took offense because her 'uncle died in 9/11,' and I was crushed under a ban hammer.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 10:11:31 pm »

Asia is huge. That's a lot of culture to appreciate.

That's why it's a week, as opposed to a day.

Black History gets a month in America. Although in all reality (no offense or racism intended) this is absurd.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 10:13:26 pm »

I remember that thread, Architect, and I remember being a little annoyed that you were muted for disagreeing with them.  That thread was like a pack of angry dogs, if you walked in and you weren't one of them, they went at you.
Thank you, it's somewhat important to me to hear that I wasn't unwittingly the real problem.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 10:54:36 pm »

Wyrdysm forums. I haven't posted myself, but, well...

And Conservapedia. Oh, God, yes. Conservapedia.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 10:57:21 pm »

I used to play a game called Combat Arms.  It used to (still does) come out with monthly content updates.  After each update, anti-malware/virus/etc program would flip out.  But only after I started the game.  It would go something like this:

"An update, Oh boy!"  Downloads, installs...
"Let's Play this new content!!!"   Double clicks icon, game loads.
"Pick a server, any server."  Picks server, room, and game.
"It's ASS KICKING TIME"  (I wasn't half bad at this game by the way)  Clicks join game.
Connecting...Connecting...

All of a sudden the game would exit from full-screen mode and jump to my desktop.  My game session would have been disconnected and a dialogue bog would pop-up saying "Combat_arms.exe has been modified since the last time it was run.  This could be dangerous for your computer.  This software has disabled its ability to connect to the INTERNET.  Would you like to allow it to connect to the INTERNET?"  Of course I would click yes and re-join the game.

Of course the real kicker came one day after I went through this process.  The game comes with a piece of anti-cheat software that is built in to prevent people from hacking the game and cheating.  Well this program popped up and told me that I had been reported for using a utility to hack!  Boy that pissed me off.

I haven't played the game in a while because of the whole thing stated above and because its in-game content system just sucks.  I would work my pants off just to get a fancy new sniper-rifle, only to loose it in 24 hours.

That's about it for times I've been  reported/banned.  I am pretty young (as an internet user) so I haven't really encountered any situations where I would encounter problems with mods.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Tahin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2010, 11:13:43 pm »

I have never been banned/reported anywhere. Seems like some kind of rite of passage... guess I need to try harder.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2010, 11:17:23 pm »

I have never been banned/reported anywhere. Seems like some kind of rite of passage... guess I need to try harder.
Same here, but I disagree on the try harder and rite of passage part.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2010, 11:22:40 pm »

I got a semi-warning. And I reported myself.

Honestly, a certain forum member was posting somewhat disparaging comments about certain things I tend to demand. Mind you, disparaging means nonsensical rant. I responded somewhat angrily (angriest I've ever been online, 2nd in real life). I reported myself, if memory serves. Toady sent a message that effectively said "Meh, the thread was trolling from the start."

I reread exactly what said thread happened to call certain groups. It's a pretty good thing they hadn't registered before I had posted. Else I'd have said some very very very mean/threatening/scary things.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2010, 02:42:52 am »

Back in my Runescape days, I got a 24-hour mute for calling someone a jerk.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Pathos

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2010, 05:14:34 am »

Ive been warned and banned all over, but it's never really my fault.

Alas, I must always be the scapegoat.

I'll remember that if I ever get questioned by Toady over something.

"It was cowofdoom78963's fault, honest!"

I got my first B12G warning, this morning. That was nice.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2010, 05:45:16 am »

I seem to remember my friend got himself banned from Club Penguin for 20 years

He should make a note, and keep it with his taxes or something, so 20 years down the line he can log back in and say..."Damn! That 20 year ban took forever! Anyway, I'm back guys!"
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2010, 05:57:35 am »

I never really noticed the supposedly strict rules in Runescape.
My friends would always push them as far as they could.
Censor testing and dodging, scamming, luring, and all sorts of other nasty stuff.
None of them ever got banned or even muted.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2010, 06:02:17 am »

Its been years, but I used to be hooked on RS. Back when it was a capitolistic feudal system. What with the clans, and player-made guilds that focused on certain aspects of the marketplace. From what I've heard, it's turned into a totalitarian state, where free trade is limited, speech is closely watched, and the elite must now bend to the will of the lowest common denominator
While talking to AJ:

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2010, 06:05:56 am »

I'm an advocate of free market with the only restrictions being those that prevent a monopoly from forming either by removing corporations or forcibly creating competition.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2010, 06:17:12 am »

It had an inverted economy, since everyone was after skills, raw materials were more expensive than finished products, so people who provide services (like coal miners) made more money than producers, second only to wholesalers. The coal clan hired people to mine, and would sell coal at high prices and buy in low prices, yet it was still had for a middleman to take advantage of that.

Vanguard's economy was more toward making goods, as everyone was specialized, where RS everyone was equal opportunity when it came to a profession
While talking to AJ:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24