Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23541 times)

Pathos

Being "Reported"
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:22:45 am »

What do you think of any time you get reported in a game / on a forum for something? Also, are there any times when you've been banned for TINY things?

I always think of that part of 'Salem's Lot where Father Callahan tries to attack Kurt Barlow with the power of Christ / the Crucifix. The vampire is scared for a moment, but then the priest's faith falters and he breaks the arms off the Cross.

Then again, I did once get banned from World of Warcraft for 48 hours because some idiot was mouthing off in a battleground about how easy the game had got and how crappy and "casual" Blizzard had became. All I said to shut him up was, "Yeah, but not as easy as your mother, right?" He launched into vitriolic abuse at me, in whispers, whilst I laughed my head off. I got banned for it the next day. I was just like: ???

So, tell me your stories!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:29:09 am »

I've been reprimand once.

It was a fair call too. Outside the forums, I griefed a goon server in the game Space Station 13 and I think I got banned for that, which was fair as well.

I am a walking paragon of righteous Justice, apparently.

Pathos

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:37:21 am »

I've been reprimand once.

It was a fair call too. Outside the forums, I griefed a goon server in the game Space Station 13 and I think I got banned for that, which was fair as well.

I am a walking paragon of righteous Justice, apparently.

The easiest places to get banned from are MMO forums ( especially MMORPG.com, god damn the moderators there are all over the place, it's the stupidest thing in the world ) simply due to the fact that they pick moderators from groups of highly opinionated players, give them even MORE anonymity ( you usually never know what the name of the mod that banned you was ) and allow them to ban people without warning.

I mean, I once had a 120 day ban revoked off my account, only to get a 7 day one put back on which was subsequently revoked. All this on MMORPG.com. On, and they delete threads without warning / explanation. That had to top it, especially when a thread asking if it was a bug in the forums themselves or mad moderators got deleted without warning / explanation.

EDIT: To put it short, I really, REALLY like B12Gs moderation. I mean, Jackrabbit must've done something pretty bad to get a warning.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:39:08 am »

With a single post, I accidentally started a derail that led to every participant in the thread reprimanded and one person banned. Although apparently, no one much liked her.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:46:40 am »

Really? Who was it?

Incidentally, yeah. It was the Omegle thread. Making a thread that promotes the trolling of other sites is against the forum rules and a dickmove.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:47:21 am »

Okenido.

(Okenido's a girl, right? I think.)
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 06:48:53 am »

Oh that. Yeah, I remember that.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 06:52:13 am »

I think the only time I've ever really gotten in trouble is saying the word "Fuck" on more strict forums (I say fuck a lot when I talk in person so I end up typing fuck alot) Or something I've wrote being thought of as spam or misconstrued as a non-humorous post.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 06:55:37 am »

What do you think of any time you get reported in a game / on a forum for something? Also, are there any times when you've been banned for TINY things?

I always think of that part of 'Salem's Lot where Father Callahan tries to attack Kurt Barlow with the power of Christ / the Crucifix. The vampire is scared for a moment, but then the priest's faith falters and he breaks the arms off the Cross.

Then again, I did once get banned from World of Warcraft for 48 hours because some idiot was mouthing off in a battleground about how easy the game had got and how crappy and "casual" Blizzard had became. All I said to shut him up was, "Yeah, but not as easy as your mother, right?" He launched into vitriolic abuse at me, in whispers, whilst I laughed my head off. I got banned for it the next day. I was just like: ???

So, tell me your stories!

Are you Callahan or Barlow in this particular situation? ;)

Pathos

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 07:21:15 am »

Are you Callahan or Barlow in this particular situation? ;)

Barlow. =p

Okenido Bay Watcher
Personal Text: Loli Advocate

Uhhh... Loli advocate has so many god damn unfortunate implications.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 07:22:36 am »

The thing is, it was her shotacon fixation that got her banned.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 07:23:25 am »

What she wrote is what she means.

Also, she didn't see why she was banned just for posting hentai.

I don't know, I can't wrap my head around it.

Pathos

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 07:27:08 am »

That's just... Wrong.

And, just think people, this is just one of the many wondrous ways Japanese culture is contributing to the Western world!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 07:29:40 am »

Don't knock Japan, I really like sushi. Also they're generally an awesome country. Shame about the overfishing.

Pathos

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 07:32:25 am »

Don't knock Japan, I really like sushi. Also they're generally an awesome country. Shame about the overfishing.

I won't deny certain Japanese things aren't interesting to me but some aspects of their government and culture just knock me ill.

Like the Japanese government suppressing crop strains that could double the production of rice ALL over Asia.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24