Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24

Author Topic: Being "Reported"  (Read 23506 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Being "Reported"
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2010, 03:41:44 pm »

Yeah, most people that are here for a long time usually won't get banned (with a few exceptions).

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2010, 03:46:01 pm »

I remember playing 'Freelancer', multiplayer as a pirate.

I liked shooting others to bits and then taking their stuff.
At one point there were two.. greener players holed up in some space station with their trade ships (which were no match for my torpedoes.)
Them not getting out got me frustrated enough after a while to call them 'weaklings', 'weedheads' and some other things (although there actually was nothing wrong with them), and some mod heard that.

The guy teleported me to another planet, which was filled with 'nomads', some overpowered aliens. As if they weren't overpowered enough alone, they would gang up on you like Dwarf Fortress HFS do.

It took me a full hour to get out without being blown to bits. I 'died' at least two-hundred times in there.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2010, 03:47:21 pm »

See, on EVE Online, having a guy sit outside a space station and intimidate you into coming out is par for the course.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2010, 06:31:38 pm »

At one point there were two.. greener players holed up in some space station with their trade ships (which were no match for my torpedoes.)
Them not getting out got me frustrated enough after a while to call them 'weaklings', 'weedheads' and some other things (although there actually was nothing wrong with them), and some mod heard that.

The guy teleported me to another planet, which was filled with 'nomads', some overpowered aliens. As if they weren't overpowered enough alone, they would gang up on you like Dwarf Fortress HFS do.

It took me a full hour to get out without being blown to bits. I 'died' at least two-hundred times in there.

So... you only played FS for the griefing then I take it?  I mean, otherwise you'd know what Nomads are.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2010, 07:25:58 pm »

I often use a bit of humor when reporting spambots
Same here!

I dont really report anything other then spambots. I usually think of it as kind of a rude thing to do.

I'm sure spam bots won't hold it against you.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2010, 07:57:33 pm »

Remember that one guy we all ganged up on, because we thought he was a spambot, but was actually just ignorant?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »

That guy who lashed out and exploded? I thought he was a sophisticated troll.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2010, 08:00:06 pm »

I knew he was the traitor right away when he started making mustard gas.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2010, 08:31:52 pm »

I've seen one or two people start insulting other people by calling them 'idiots' 'morons' and the likes for not agreeing... 

Yea... they deserve it.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2010, 11:43:00 pm »

I remember when Vester didn't have that skirt (the avatar!) on. I think Armok liked it. I laughed so hard.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2010, 11:51:15 pm »

I remember when Vester didn't have that skirt (the avatar!) on. I think Armok liked it. I laughed so hard.

having read the whole OotS comic, I didnt think she was nude. Its a rather inventive way to imply that there are pants on a stickman hybrid without having huge blocky leggings.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2010, 11:53:56 pm »

having read the whole OotS comic, I didnt think she was nude. Its a rather inventive way to imply that there are pants on a stickman hybrid without having huge blocky leggings.

This.
Though, it probably doesn't help that the pants were skin-tone.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2010, 11:58:51 pm »

This.

Probably doesn't help that it was Armok.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2010, 01:36:25 am »

This.

Probably doesn't help that it was Armok.

And that's why Akigagak added the skirt.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2010, 11:37:15 am »

So... you only played FS for the griefing then I take it?  I mean, otherwise you'd know what Nomads are.

Of course I knew the guys.

Point was that my ship wasn't capable of blowing them up. That, and I couldn't find the exit wormhole for some reason.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24