Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Cave another interesting development...  (Read 862 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Another Cave another interesting development...
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:03:32 am »

I have been genning a lot of worlds lately that have caves and well this one takes the cake. Its a cave sitting against a small bay. The size of the Region I picked accidentally wasn't enough to get the Ocean itself in it, but its has a Bronze Colossus. My Dwarves ended up on top of a 'Plateau' (the only Rise on the whole map EPIC) that was the cave entrance, while the Colossus was situated down the bottom...

As soon as I unpaused the Colossus charged up the 'hill' at my dwarves. Crushing two dogs while my dwarves retreated north, one of the dogs dodged around it, nearly falling unconscious from its wounds and the Colossus gave chase, The dog jumped over a hole(???) but landed inside another just two tiles further and is now trapped. But the Colossus on the other hand is also trapped in the first hole, Unable to escape.....

I am very tempted to regen and get the ocean in, but this is just too hilarious not to save...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Cave another interesting development...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 06:19:21 am »

Upload a map to dfma or something? sounds pretty interesting. guess the bronze colossi dodged into the hole?
Magma is overrated.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 06:21:30 am »

Upload a map to dfma or something? sounds pretty interesting. guess the bronze colossi dodged into the hole?
Pretty much... Ended up regenning the whole world (save that map for later when my net sucks less.......) There was no Goblins in the world...

EDIT:
And now the cave is inhabitied by a Dragon... He popped up and said hi by BBQing my Wagon loaded with booze, Coal and Food... How nice of him....

Next try I found him 30 layers down in the cave, how deep till the first cavern is this cave... Oh he killed my scout then came up and said hi again...

Third attempt he popped out of the cave to say hello, BBQed everyone but my cow bull wagon puller and Metalsmith...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 06:34:40 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:52:47 am »

Dragons don't make the best neighbors.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 10:53:51 am »

Dragons are actually very affable and warm-hearted creatures, just a bit enthusiastic in throwing barbecue-parties.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:17:15 pm »

Dragons don't make the best neighbors.

"Damn dwarves with their drinking and their rock instruments! Get off my lawn!"