Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hungry Hungry... iPod?  (Read 1512 times)

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
Hungry Hungry... iPod?
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:39:48 am »

This has been bothering me for some time, and I think it is time to find out what is happening.
My iPod is eating my music. Every so often, I will search for a song I know I have, and it will be gone. About a quarter of my songs have disappeared. What is going on, and how do I fix it?
(I have an 80 gig, color display, two year old white iPod. When it had all my songs and stuff on it, it had a 70 gig free space. I lost all the songs on the computer to a virus.)

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: Hungry Hungry... iPod?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:07:32 am »

Time to buy a $15 dollar CD player to replace your $150 pop culture tchotsky.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 03:24:47 pm »

Leave now hipster.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 10:57:27 am »

Just another reason iPods are overrated.
Apple has made official statements hinting that they're designed to be disposable.
And yet they're hundreds of dollars.
What.  The.  Crap?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 11:01:59 am »

Just another reason iPods are overrated.
Apple has made official statements hinting that they're designed to be disposable.
And yet they're hundreds of dollars.
What.  The.  Crap?

Maybe they meant recycleable or safe to toss in the trashcan when it gets all smashed up? Anyways, yea doesn't make much sense to me considering the cost.

Vulkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 11:02:49 am »

Similar things happen to computers when the hard drive starts to "go".

So, chances are that's the problem, but then I've never had an iPod.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 11:21:10 am »

I have my  8gb nothing-fancy MP3 player that worked nicely for four years. It still works. I never had any trouble with it. Well, I lie. The model name on the back of it got erased.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:35:32 pm »

It's time to get a new one.
This happened with my old 60GB one. The Hard drive started to go. Though, you're lucky. Mine decided just to freak the fuck out whenever a song that was messed up started to play. Which amounted to it freezing, and refusing to restart until the batteries completely drained. Use one of any numerous programs to facilitate the transfer of songs from you're iPod to you're computer.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 02:45:05 pm »

Get a standard mp3 player instead. Apple is a bad company to do buisiness with. Their relatively corrupt.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 09:34:22 pm »

Get a standard mp3 player instead. Apple is a bad company to do buisiness with. Their relatively corrupt.

...Ipod's pretty much are the standard. As much as I don't like Apple for they're extreme first-party control, the Ipod is a solid product.

That said, Considering how large my music library is, an Ipod touch is out of the question. Between the new Zune HD's and an Ipod classic. I'd go for a Zune HD. Them thing's are great.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 09:43:40 pm »

...Ipod's pretty much are the standard. As much as I don't like Apple for they're extreme first-party control, the Ipod is a solid product.

That said, Considering how large my music library is, an Ipod touch is out of the question. Between the new Zune HD's and an Ipod classic. I'd go for a Zune HD. Them thing's are great.
Yeah, the iPod is good

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 09:58:27 pm »

...So, since I'm in the market for an MP3 player, what should I get? I have nowhere near a gig of songs (yet).
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 12:27:25 am »

People bother me sometimes, with their insistence on incorrect grammar.  I guess they're just making a statement of sorts.

Dunno about iPods.  Enjoy the natural ambiance?  I like listening to the roosters when I walk around in the early morning =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 03:55:45 am »

I have 5 years old mp3 player that costed some 20$ when I bought it and it still works with no problems. Well, maybe the buttons show some wear, but hey, it works.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 04:04:35 am »

Leave now hipster.

Did you just call someone a hipster for suggesting to do something practical instead of engaging in conspicuous consumption (and of Apple products in particular)? I think you may have your definitions mixed up.

Of course, I don't think I'd recommend a CD player specifically, but I'm sure there are a ton of MP3 players floating around used on them internets for pretty cheap.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: [1] 2