Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: The flying flamingos of floom!  (Read 4235 times)

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The flying flamingos of floom!
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 11:18:00 pm »

... sure?

And two acts per turn.

And since its been a few days... updating map...
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 11:37:13 pm »

CHEDDARIUS, YOU ARE UPGRADED TO FIRST ROUND DUE TO LACK OF ACTIVITY FROM THE OTHER PLAYERS!!!

There are now three active players... the rest will be CPU controlled (a.k.a by me...).
I am an unfair ruler to myself and my creations will have a lesser chance of surviving than other players.
For the first turn, Player characters will be immune to any horribly gone wrong accidents, things can still go wrong BUT THEY WILL NOT HURT YOUR CHARACTER.
Compared to NPC which do not have this immunity, and will face the wrath of, "flan, the flying flamingo of floom!".

Each character starts out with 10/10 hp.
The only way to heal said HP is to use an act.
You can heal any number of points of HP, but attempting to heal too much HP in one act greatly increases the chances of being... "Cluster fucked", in lack of a better word. ;)

You lose HP by failing to successfully word your actions so you do not get damaged.
On a basis of 5 damage being the most severe damage one can receive by an act.

Acting with the pink square will cause "???" to happen, this is a 75/25 chance of being good, meaning its a good idea to run after such squares.

Acting with the Red squares will cause "‼‼‼" to happen...
It has a 75/25 chance of being bad, mostly fire related.

Players, both NPC and PC alike can place traps, said traps will be marked for all to see with a .
Traps can be effecitvely placed to force players to waste acts trying to get past/disable said traps.
Anyone, including the placer, can have traps activate on them.

Players can also destroy walls, although it takes one act, and walls may contain traps.
This may be worth it as one may find hidden secrets.
This may also be a horrible mistake as it may release "horrors of the deep!"

Players in the round who are not playing have one more turn, they can jump back into their positions, until then i shall continue to control the inactive slots...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 11:43:53 pm by silhouette »
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2010, 12:02:05 am »

Boobies: summon weapons in a manner that does not harm the weapons nor the boobies. The weapons are to be usable by the boobies to harm other species. They are to be foolproof - that is, they will never fail to grievously harm (grievously harm meaning that three or fewer strikes of the same kind will destroy the opponent - meaning of destroy outlined later) the opponent that the booby is attacking (even if the booby is unskilled with the weapon), destroying it utterly and leaving no trace, ethereal or otherwise. The weapons must not affect the boobies, e.g. alter their minds, but only be used by the boobies to destroy what opponents they wish (that is, what opponents I, the player, target). The weapons will also be foolproof in other manners; the boobies, no matter how unskilled, will never drop the weapon, accidentally throw it away, melt it, have it stolen, etc. That is, the weapons must be such that they will not only be usable to destroy the opponent, but always be usable to destroy the opponent, unless it happens that the booby wielding it is destroyed by an outside force. The weapons will not be able to be used to attack boobies.

You attempt to summon said weapon, but unfortunately you fail to do so and accidentally summon it to another time!
Perhaps in the future you shall find it, as if it was in the past, you would have already discovered it on the square you are on, wouldn't you???

--------

RED
In any case, I'm going to move south then southwest.

No harm comes to the player
(I should mention that moving causes little problems of hurt to said mover... unless you move onto a trap... Then your screwed...)

-----------

Blue will move one space to the south.

Blue will summon a creature that obeys only Clade the blue Combusting Cuckoo of Chile ( I command it by saying: 'Creature, go do this:' followed by my command ), can hear Clade's voice from anywhere, has unlimited killing abilities, automatically disarms traps wherever it goes in, can destroy walls, will never attack blue cuckoo's that are named Clade, and the creature will spawn in exactly the middle of the playing field ( from the overhead view of the map you gave us earlier ).

You summon said creature, but unfortunately you forgot to mention where on the Z-axis it will be!(Said z-axis is still there even if you cant see it, you may later if the game exapands that far)
The poor creature falls untill it reaches maximum velocity and splats right onto player red! Or where player red would have been if player red did not already move first!!!!

-----------

Note: acts go in the order of posting.

NPC green

Move one square west, at the same z-axis as where i am standing right now.

Destroy south wall, but without activating any traps or being hit by any rock caused by the destroying of said wall.
Nothing shall be dislodged from any square around or the square i am standing on.
Said rocks from the wall being destroyed shall crumble to the south.

You move one square west and destroy said wall without any incidents.
You were lucky this time.

---

Player Cyan

Move one north, then one north east, on the same z-axis...

No incidents occur, you move predictably, and safetly...

---

Player Purple

Sit there and look pretty

You sit there and look pretty, but your prettiness causes the rocks to come colliding into you to get a better look at your so called "prettiness".
Said rocks crush you, causing minor damage before resetting to where they where before, mumbling to themselves as they find you the most ugly creature in existence.

8/10 hit points

-----

White

Teleport to center of the map without any atoms being lost or any atoms gained, Said atoms shall be in the same order and shape they are in now.
I shall arrive on the same z-level but in the middle of the map.
No problems shall occur by my teleporting to the surrounding terrain, such as rocks falling or crumbling.
The demons of time shall not be attracted by my teleporting as well.
I shall arrive one second after i teleporting.
I shall not activate any traps along the teleporting.
Nothing in the way shall hinder my teleporting.

You teleport successfully to the middle of the screen, directly on top of a giant red blood stain...
You check yourself and sigh in relief to find out it wasn't you.
(Guess which NPC is in difficult mode...  :))

UPLOADING MAP

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:07:40 am by silhouette »
---

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2010, 12:10:24 am »

Even.more.info
---

Attempting to do certain things that are powerful will cause the wrath of flan the flying flamingo of floom to inflict pain on your poor soul.
E.g.,
Moving will be the least chance of being inflicted pain on at all

While summoning
AARGLOOKIAN, DESTROYER OF WORLDS
will have  agreater chance of being .... "C--ter F--d"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 11:18:27 pm by silhouette »
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2010, 12:15:55 am »

Sorry about the inactivity. Am I still in, or did I morph into Cheddarius?

Also, what do the differently-colored green squares represent?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2010, 12:18:49 am »

Acting with the pink square will cause "???" to happen, this is a 75/25 chance of being good, meaning its a good idea to run after such squares.

Acting with the Red squares will cause "‼‼‼" to happen...
It has a 75/25 chance of being bad, mostly fire related.

Hmm...
K
You can be yellow again.

Cheddarius, what colour do you want to be now?
---

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:01 am »

Hey, me is green?

Then I go nw, then yell OMGITSGOMMACRUSH, while madly kicking wall to the west (activating any traps, that are there)!
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:20 am »

Whatever's left.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2010, 12:29:53 am »

Neat. But I didn't mean the pink/red squares, I meant the green ones that look like they've been slightly dug out. The ones around yellow and to the northeast of white.

In any case, Yellow will move northwest, then sculpt the pillar to his east into a rabbit-shaped golem without damaging the structural integrity of the cavern or source stone, and imbue it with abilities similar to a very strong living being of similar size and weight, a pleasant, servile personality towards myself, not spectacular but reasonable cognitive abilities, and senses similar in type and strength to my own.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2010, 12:32:37 am »

>.>
<.<
Nothing at all...
>.>
<.<
If you really want to know youll have to activate them...
>.>
<.<

---

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2010, 01:00:49 am »

Northeast, north.

My bearplugger instincts tell me that this 'creature' will be finger-lickin' good.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 01:42:15 am »

hm...

vote time...

Should other players be able to occupy the same squares?
---

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2010, 02:14:33 am »

NO!!! Telefrag! (Movefrag, crawlfrag)
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2010, 02:15:58 am »

movefrag crawlfrag?

If an opponent attempts to move into the space where there already is a person, that person who theyre moving against will be auto attacked?
---

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:43 am »

Autosplashed into tiny bloody chunks. Or tiny charred chunks.
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6