Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Refusing To Eat  (Read 1295 times)

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Refusing To Eat
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:02:03 pm »

What it says on the tin, pretty much. My dudes just won't eat, to the point where they will hunt for vermin. It's not that they are too busy to eat, even ones that are standing around with no jobs refuse to do so. The problem doesn't seem to extend to drinking, though. That they do just fine. I'd like to also point out that I'm using a new race I modded in. For the most part, the creature entry is a duplicate of the human entry, but with some tweaking and changes (to the appearance and stats mostly), and the entity entry is mostly a copy of the dwarven one, with some slight modifications (religion, etc.). I'm not entirely certain whether this should go here or in the dwarf mode section, but I'm afraid it might be related to my modding, as this has never happened to me before. So far this has happened on two seperate forts, in two seperate worlds.

Creature entry:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Entity entry:
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Refusing To Eat
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 02:44:20 pm »

*bump*

Anyone got any ideas?
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

Lagotrope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:48:57 pm »

Well, not sure if this has to do with your problem, but your creature is labeled as Daemon's, but in your entity part, the creature is defined with

[ENTITY:DAEMONE]
Pretty sure that extra E will cause SOME problem, if not with eating.

loledit: Wow.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:52:28 pm by Lagotrope »

derigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:51:00 pm »

No it won't.  The name tag for the entity isn't really used by anything except the engine.  The entity name tag for dwarf's for instance is MOUNTAIN.  He's got the CREATURE:DAEMON tag correct, so that tag won't make a difference.

That being said, nothing jumps out at me as being obviously wrong.  Did you check your errorlog?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:53:31 pm by derigo »

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 10:01:52 pm »

Errorlog is pretty much just full of stuff like this:

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 01:33:43 pm »

*bump*

So far, they're still unusable, and for no apparent reason still. Only way around this so far is giving them [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK], which isn't really what I want. This has occured on every world I've genned, and I do not experience this problem when playing as the dwarves.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 08:52:13 am »

Comparing them to the Dwarf raws (via the Wiki) the only difference I see that doesn't look cosmetic is [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT].

It *shouldn't* make a difference though.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 01:05:57 pm »

Nothing there should make them unable to eat, but apparentely something is. Probabaly you found some bug which only manifests with modded games.

I guess the only way to fix this is to test which part is making it. Just leave out parts of the modded raws, test, repeat. I would suggest starting with the more uncommon pieces, as I havnt seen this problem pop up for anyone else.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 01:41:18 pm »

I had this problem in kobold camp. It was all working fine but slowly all my kobolds started chasing down vermin and doing nothing else.

To solve this I edited their raws adding [NO_EAT] to the kobold creature entry. Putting all my kobolds in a burrow in a locked room and waiting for them to cancel their hunt for vermin job and releasing them from the room and the burrow. Removing the [NO_EAT] tag got them eating normally again. Unfortunately the fort fell due to bad moods shortly after, bad moods caused by them not recognising the food in my stockpiles.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 11:30:39 pm »

I had this problem in kobold camp. It was all working fine but slowly all my kobolds started chasing down vermin and doing nothing else.

To solve this I edited their raws adding [NO_EAT] to the kobold creature entry. Putting all my kobolds in a burrow in a locked room and waiting for them to cancel their hunt for vermin job and releasing them from the room and the burrow. Removing the [NO_EAT] tag got them eating normally again. Unfortunately the fort fell due to bad moods shortly after, bad moods caused by them not recognising the food in my stockpiles.
Interesting. I shall have to look into this. Thank you for the tip.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 11:47:34 pm »

Well, from looking in the raws... Some things I notice and might help...

You have TEETH_WITH_FANGS
Change it to GENERIC_TEETH_WITH_FANGS

maybe?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 01:46:31 pm »

Those are a copy of the normal teeth used by humans and dwarves, but with fangs.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 03:19:35 pm »

I'm aware of that, why not just give it a try? There was no entry that was just TEETH_WITH_FANGS.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!