Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 86563 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Helping you, Helping me--
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2010, 02:21:56 pm »

Remove [IS_STONE], tadaaa! your done.
****, i wasted an hour trying random things and come back to the simplest answer possible! :-[
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2010, 03:03:23 pm »

Well, I think there is other stuff you've got to add/remove to make sure it's a fully functional metal like all the others, but it seems, that is the... easiest, method.

@meeneque - thanks =-D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:07:03 pm by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Slade Weapons & Armor!--
« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2010, 04:39:08 pm »

Huzzah! Sladite! (didn't want to call the metal Slade just in case it caused a problem)

[MOLAR_MASS] borrowed from lead, [MAX_EDGE] borrowed from adamantine.

Spoiler: Sladite! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sladite Bars (click to show/hide)

Info: a sladite shield weighs only 2Γ, a short sword weighs 60Γ, both sladite crossbows and sladite war hammers weigh 80Γ, a battle axe weighs 160Γ, a stack of 25 sladite bolts weighs 250Γ, a breastplate weighs 442, and a sladite cloak is probably the most ridiculous thing a dwarf can wear, it weighs 662Γ. you can find out the rest if you want.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2010, 04:44:45 pm »

That's crazy.

We need to be sure to get the normal slade cause of its use. (I wasn't sure if you changed that at all.) You could leave it slade, it just might be a little confusing getting used to it. So there's slade which is the stone and the sladite ore which is in the slade? I find that completely acceptable. I thought slade had a molar mass and max_edge? Guess not... Anywho, those weight numbers are really weird.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2010, 04:56:55 pm »

no, i didn't change slade the HFS rock,just added the ore, so its most likely still unminable.
i could rename the rock if you want, i just need a name for it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:59:45 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2010, 06:00:50 pm »

No that's entirely fine, I think it's suiting. Might confuse some people who are use to slade already.

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2010, 06:32:37 pm »

no, i didn't change slade the HFS rock,just added the ore, so its most likely still unminable.

Why make it mineable when you can make it...growable!

Though, honestly, that's just me being silly, growable metal is my own personal madness.  You could always make it a smelter reaction.  Put 100 random stones it, get one ultra usable stone.
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2010, 06:57:51 pm »

Why make it mineable when you can make it...growable!

Though, honestly, that's just me being silly, growable metal is my own personal madness.  You could always make it a smelter reaction.  Put 100 random stones it, get one ultra usable stone.
I already use a smelter reaction (i should have put that in the post, shouldn't I?). I used one of Shaoshoul's reactions from the first page, but renamed to fit with the naming style I use with the rest of the custom smelter reactions I have.

Specifically, I used this:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:FREE_SLADE]
[NAME:Slade!]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:SLADE]
[SKILL:DETAILSTONE]
The skill could be changed i guess, i just like getting experienced engravers without have to deal with the bad engravings ;D , so they make various colored rocks, bauxite, and now slade until they're decent.

combining dozens of rocks though, could be used as a plausible explaination for why the stuff is so dang heavy..

EDIT:not every dwarf can wear Sladite armorclothes (they're pretty much the same if you're using sladite, so no use seperating the two). Make sure that your chosen dwarf is quite strong (or whatever the new stat for "can carry very heavy armor" is), because while it would be a good idea to put the weaklings in sladite armorclothes to protect them, it would be like carrying several very large boulders on top of yourself: not very productive.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:09:12 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:59 am »

The stuff is about 18 times as dense as lead. Now you must find your weakest of peasants, and armour and arm him with every slade item you can. See if he moves at all once hes done putting them on.

Actualy that could be fun way to incapacitate your criminals. Make a boot item called ball & chain, make is preposterously heavy, and assing it to some trouble making dwarf.

Also any material has a molar mass and a max edge if it loads any template at all (even booze has a max edge). I think the metal template slade loads has the values of steel in it. And, molar mass isnt realy used at all according to toady's comment in the stone template.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2010, 04:58:37 am »

I'd just like to point out my last 4 artifacts have needed shells... there are no shells to be seen... I wish we had a working reaction for shells or "real" turtles.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2010, 05:49:38 am »

Doesnt the FISH_RAW item type work?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2010, 11:07:59 am »

interesting. my metalsmith, who has "is incredibly strong" in her description, went Extremely slow when hauling the slade over to the other smelter that had the smelt ore job, but seemed to go at normal speed when carrying the -sladite pick- (100 weight). she was a bit slow compared to a second novice miner who had a copper pick, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Alkyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2010, 01:34:29 pm »

I'd just like to point out my last 4 artifacts have needed shells... there are no shells to be seen... I wish we had a working reaction for shells or "real" turtles.

Personally, I find having "free" reactions (like vermin->charcoal) rather cheep, which is why I was excited when someone modded in cave pigs.  Milkable pigs with shells, the females are even trainable as war pigs.  The whole trainable female thing was for balance since the cave pig already does everything else, it really makes you value your sows.

Anyways, check it out if you're tired of shell problems:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53533.0
Since when has practical had anything to do with dwarfy?

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MEGH
« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2010, 06:15:43 pm »

:(    been at this for days lol .. im new to forums after getting completly stuck on this reaction oh and i totally luv DF XD but ne ways

is this correct cuz ive tried loads of different ways to it but this is the latest try

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SILTSTONE_TO_ALABASTER]
[NAME:make alabaster from siltstone]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:INORGANIC:SILTSTONE]
[PRODUCT:100:5:INORGANIC:ALABASTER:ALABASTER]
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2010, 06:24:36 pm »

This should work:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remember to add [PERMITTED_REACTION:SILTSTONE_TO_ALABASTER] to the entity file under the dwarves.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29