Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 86543 times)

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Helping you, Helping me--
« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2010, 06:27:30 pm »

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU LOL
 wow!! that was quicker than expected lol i thought i wouldve had to wait till like tomorrow in  oh wait it is LOL (i live in wales uk)

soo!! what was i doing wrong please explain

P.S  will i have to re-gen as its a new reaction nd all.... i have read all of this thread but the wiki sais otherwise lol........

P.P.S  it dont work bud .. i added it to the entity list [PERMITTED_REACTION:SILTSTONE_TO_ALABASTER]

and loaded game (after ofc insearting the reaction into the file) then loaded save and it dont works :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:37:34 pm by Wideman »
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2010, 06:38:50 pm »

You could regen, but you don't have to. Under an existing reaction, add everything I posted in my last post BUT the [REACTION:SILTSTONE_TO_ALABASTER] line. Leave that out.

For example:

1. Pick a useless to you reaction, for this small tutorial, it will be [REACTION:PEWTER_FINE_MAKING2] (this is mainly because pewter has a few ways to make it).

2. Delete these lines:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(this is assuming you want to use fuel)

You should be left with:

3. Add these lines:

It should look like this:

Doesn't work eh? I'll get started on it once I'm done updating my mod. Expect an update in a few minutes.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:40:32 pm by dragon1423 »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2010, 06:41:46 pm »

Erm... I need a bit of help. I'm trying to make a new civ, but it won't show up. I'm putting the raws above the Mountains entity file and the dwarves in the creatures. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or putting something in the wrong place, though. Here are the files:
Spoiler: Entity (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creature Files (click to show/hide)
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2010, 06:42:19 pm »

ok thanx ill try it now byt i think my gf's parents are gonna turn off inetz in like 20 soo ill have to be quick XD .. if dont get back to you tonite i will later on in the day .... (its 20 to 1am over here lol)

P.S  ok it works perfectly thanks bud.... oh yeah the p.p.s on my 2nd post was after you gave me the first response .... but u still havent told me what i did wrong.... but tell me like tomorrow yeah cuz ive gtg as the inets is being switched off in 3mins :( so nite PPLS
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:47:57 pm by Wideman »
hmmmm you should be very afraid.... The computers around the world have eyes and ears and theyre plotting against the human race in theyre binary chants

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2010, 06:53:10 pm »

P.S  ok it works perfectly thanks bud.... oh yeah the p.p.s on my 2nd post was after you gave me the first response .... but u still havent told me what i did wrong.... but tell me like tomorrow yeah cuz ive gtg as the inets is being switched off in 3mins :( so nite PPLS

It works now? Strange, I haven't changed anything in my tutorial/ thing. What you did wrong was that you were missing a lot of the tokens that define what the reagent is and what is being produced. You had in the product line just inorganic. The game will not know if it is a metal or a stone if you just have that. Same with the reagent, you didn't give the game the info it needs to look for the reagent in the raws.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2010, 06:58:03 pm »

oki ive beenn able to persaude my gf's mum to let us stay up for an 1hr  but what i was onabout was this
This should work:

[REACTION:SILTSTONE_TO_ALABASTER]
[NAME:make alabaster from siltstone]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:SILTSTONE]
[PRODUCT:100:5:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:ALABASTER]

Remember to add [PERMITTED_REACTION:SILTSTONE_TO_ALABASTER] to the entity file under the dwarves.

that wat i was on about not that the tut didnt work lol as that did with a minor adjustment (didnt want to use fuel XD)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2010, 07:06:23 pm »

Did you have any fuel when you tested the reaction? If not, then that's why it didn't work the first time.

Erm... I need a bit of help. I'm trying to make a new civ, but it won't show up. I'm putting the raws above the Mountains entity file and the dwarves in the creatures. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or putting something in the wrong place, though. Here are the files:
Spoiler: Entity (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Creature Files (click to show/hide)

Firstly, some jobs don't have brackets at the end:

This:

Should be this:

They aren't spawning because the creature's name  in the entity file is misspelled.

This is the entity file: [CREATURE:AAROKOCKRA]

This is your creature: [CREATURE:AAROCOCKRA]

Those two need to be spelled the same.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2010, 07:09:31 pm »

lol no no no lol

i was on about when you posted the solution the first time to my problem ..... i p.p.s like for that not for the tut lol
in the tut u put up i just didnt keep the fuel tag as i didnt want to use fuel ....
my fuel is very precious.... its just i hev 5021 silstone nd i wanted it gone nd i needed alabaster but i wanted it for my hospital to get the powder stufff but  the poeder alabaster produces is the same as gypsum :( lol so it the hospital didnt take any of it lol byt WTH
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 07:26:51 pm by Wideman »

Lokii

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack of no trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2010, 08:08:38 pm »

.../facepalm

Although what I did have seemed to do an odd thing with world-gen where goblins were peaceful, elves were gone, and kolbolds survived for once. :\
Oh and Lokii, your job is now to seduce the human traders.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2010, 08:11:24 pm »

The elves were.....gone? It's a miracle! You sir, did something of epic proportions.

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2010, 06:44:49 am »

lol i keep getting somthing like that but i only have 1 civ of dwarves 1 civ humans no kobolds no goblins and no elves i dont know hhow i did it but it seems to be the same in each world i gen time after time nd so on... also i dont get any seeds too embark with or trade like wth...

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2010, 11:44:23 am »

Could you help me get this reaction working? I'm trying to get it to use any plant as a reagent:

Wideman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2010, 02:39:11 pm »

ok i dont know much but... have you tried it without the fuel tag??

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2010, 02:55:11 pm »

Are the plants you want to use in containers, Dragon? That's always trouble...

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2010, 05:24:32 pm »

@Everyone - Hey sorry I've been a little absent as of late, I've been working on my helicopter schooling stuff and playing Killing Floor or Aliens Vs Predator.

@Dragon1423 - Well for starters, you need to have access to charcoal or some kind of fuel. [FUEL] try removing that and giving it a go.

Both reagents are fine, but your plant CAN'T be contained in anything.
You could try [REAGENT:A:5:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]

Keep in mind you need FIVE plants for the reaction, presently this is how it stands...

You need a fuel, an empty barrel and 5 "plants". If you don't have all of those or the reagent is wrong some how, the reaction in the building WILL NOT show up.

Also, making sure that you have the entry in the entity_default [PERMITTED_REACTION:FUEL] and [PERMITTED_BUILDING:REFINERY]
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 29