Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Suddenly, same-sex unions?  (Read 4246 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Suddenly, same-sex unions?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 03:28:33 am »

Hi!

I am really envious of you. I also want lesbian families with daughters! An all-female fortress for the win!

Deathworks

Some people are far too open about there choice of adult literature.

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 04:03:25 am »

I remember Toady saying gay dwarves are going to be added sometime, maybe not as definite as that but it seemed more likely to happen then less likely by his words. Also with the caste system it would be easy to implement. However, the thought of two female dwarves going at it will haunt me forever. My male dwarves walk around in dresses all the time, so that is not to far of a stretch, just need to add some stylish furniture and some area rugs with matching drapes for all those indoor windows. Dwarven Ikea anyone?
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 04:21:33 am »

Hi!

:) :) :) :) :)

While making a lucky guess, you misunderstood the background of my post. I was not thinking of having my female dwarves do anything naughty. Mentioning the daughters was merely to point out an interest in a continuing fortress that would not die out over the years, becoming a very depressing tale of downfall and decay. It is just that my fortresses are all sexist and favoring females: When preparing for embark, I look through my dwarves and select a female for expedition leader as well as giving as many of the other noble positions to females as well (though I have had a male medical dwarf once).

I suppose, it makes it easier for me to think of it as cute.

Besides, I want my dwarves to be the good guys - and (unlike reality, of course) in my worlds of fiction, the really good guys are all females.

Deathworks

Bishop36

• Bay Watcher
  • It is known.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 06:14:12 am »

You mean all women aren't demons in disguise, acting nice (sometimes) to lure you in, then digging their life-sucking pincers into your brain once you get close enough?

........I don't buy it.

I would also like to point out that Indiana Jones was a male. The only hero the world will ever need.
"Things that make noise should never be sold to small children. Only adults can handle that responsibility."

-Justin from Left-Hand Toons

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 07:04:15 am »

I would also like to point out that Indiana Jones was a male. The only hero the world will ever need.
QFT

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 07:11:50 am »

Hi!

:) :) :) :) :)

While making a lucky guess, you misunderstood the background of my post. I was not thinking of having my female dwarves do anything naughty. Mentioning the daughters was merely to point out an interest in a continuing fortress that would not die out over the years, becoming a very depressing tale of downfall and decay. It is just that my fortresses are all sexist and favoring females: When preparing for embark, I look through my dwarves and select a female for expedition leader as well as giving as many of the other noble positions to females as well (though I have had a male medical dwarf once).

I suppose, it makes it easier for me to think of it as cute.

Besides, I want my dwarves to be the good guys - and (unlike reality, of course) in my worlds of fiction, the really good guys are all females.

Deathworks

Oh Armok, I didn't even think of involving the daughters until you bought it up. Why must you do that to me deathworks? I'm fresh out of brainbleach, and now in dire need, and the traders aren't due until summer! I wonder how many large steel serrated discs I will require to wipe my mind clean this time.

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 07:20:46 am »

While dwarf sex sounds completely unappealing, I am not sure why lesbian dwarf sex is worse? Unless lowbeards are described in the profile screen, that could get ugly.

Either way, dwarfs are unlikely to have stem cell tech, so lily daughters will have to wait till magic at least.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 01:34:02 pm »

Can you upload the save somewhere? Dwarven science!
Lol, this thread is awesome.  This is a bug I can live with.

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 09:28:15 am »

While dwarf sex sounds completely unappealing, I am not sure why lesbian dwarf sex is worse? Unless lowbeards are described in the profile screen, that could get ugly.

Either way, dwarfs are unlikely to have stem cell tech, so lily daughters will have to wait till magic at least.

what is a lowbeard OH GOD WHAT IS A LOWBEARD
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 09:57:06 am »

Seconded that dwarf sex sounds incredibly grotesque, lesbian or no.

Doesn't the dwarven reproduction process just involve an odd exchange of beards anyway?  I figured that's where dwarven women kept their uterus to begin with.  A warm place for their fetuses to mature, fed with the droppings of food and alcohol that stick in the beard.  It really is a complex evolutionary process, if you think about it.  Dwarves without big enough/thick enough beards can't keep their offspring alive, and so over time they died out.

Yes, it's not particularly safe during goblin attacks, but then again, dwarven infants have never been safe during goblin attacks.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:19:14 pm by Dekon »

Solarn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 10:55:18 am »

I totally read the thread title first as "Suddenly, same-sex unicorns?" and wondered what the hell it would be about.

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 11:00:42 am »

I figured that's where dwarven women kept their uterus to begin with. (...)
You are so... gross. Wonderfully, insanely gross.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 11:18:24 am »

RE: All female fortress.

Its currently a touch beyond, due to the hardcoded married requirement, but if that becomes moddable, you could make the Dwarven men, via the caste system, into "Pollen Producers". Some of the immobile and no food/drink/sleep tags, and they could just sit there spreading spores while the females work. Although, if you don't mind ignoring the relationship screen, you could just let the men and women marry. Same theory, but not everyone gets kids.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

azrael4h

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress-centric You Tube videos, part of my nominally vintage gaming channel.
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 01:08:39 pm »

RE: All Female Fortress

I have a ongoing fort that started with 7 female dwarves in d19. I noticed it when I embarked and was setting their skills.

I'm thinking of drafting all the males, and starving them, making a Dwarf Amazon outpost. It also serves to keep the population low.

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 02:04:20 pm »

RE: All Female Fortress

I have a ongoing fort that started with 7 female dwarves in d19. I noticed it when I embarked and was setting their skills.

I'm thinking of drafting all the males, and starving them, making a Dwarf Amazon outpost. It also serves to keep the population low.

Unless you just like causing suffering, why starve them?  Been atom smashing immigrants with a bridge for awhile now.  Not only does it kill them, but there's no corpse/items to deal with afterwards.  They just go happily into oblivion. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3