Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dwarven Heroes mod  (Read 2481 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Heroes mod
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 03:47:09 am »

You mean that doesn't just change sex anymore?

Okay, that's cool.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 03:49:05 am »

Too bad we can't pick castes in Adventure Mode, as we make our d00d.
How do you mean that? You can certainly change your caste in the screen where you can also change your name, after choosing your skills, with 'g'.
I meant castes, not genders, but that's a GOOD KNOWLIGE MAN

Time for overpowered Adventurers without the beatdowns!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 03:56:14 am »

Yeah, 'g' now cycles through all the castes, not just the MALE and FEMALE castes.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 03:59:35 am »

So, if I mod in a god-caste with a 0% chance of appearing in world-gen, I could still play as some kind of dwarven Achilles?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 04:03:14 am »

I haven't actually tried that, but I guess that it would work as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 04:26:45 am »

So, if I mod in a god-caste with a 0% chance of appearing in world-gen, I could still play as some kind of dwarven Achilles?

Yes.  I say this from experience, though in my case they aren't god-castes so much as standard castes with a 50% higher stat cap for Hector-level heroes rather than Hercules-level demigods.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 04:29:13 am »

Shoot. But we can design them with peculiar characteristics now, right? (Just for flavor: the idea of a dwarf with a unicorn horn is just hilarious.)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:22 am »

yet dangerous. Imagine him spearing elves and shaking them around?

DRAW IT
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 04:31:40 am »

Not in this thread. :P I've got a feeling that we've hijacked it enough.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 04:32:23 am »

:'(
 :P
 :D
 ;D
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 05:31:14 am »

I wonder where did you get the idea that 'g' changes gender only. It's pretty clear that in the current set up different genders are just different castes with gender tokens, it's pretty clear from every creature's file.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 05:49:15 am »

I haven't mucked around with the RAWs yet, they're kinda complex...

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 06:59:16 am »

wowza thats some power. I like how the cast names are Morul(male) and Urist(female) but why did you give the male uber a 1.5% chance and female only 1%?

Actually, they both have the same 1% chance, but I set the ratio of male to female in dwarven society at 3:2 (dwarf women are rarer than dwarf men)

Anyways, notice that the Morul and Urist classes have exactly the same physical attributes, but slightly different psyches.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 11:14:11 pm »

Have you thought of adding this to the other races too? I cant think of a good stat spread though. Like Cacame for the male elf HeroCast.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:20 am »

Yes, I did, but so far I've been having trouble getting this to work.  So far, there has only been one confirmed case of a hero dwarf, and he had a rather uneventful (if long) life.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3