Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel about this video?

It's disgusting exploitation and degradation of a human being.
- 18 (20.9%)
It's pretty terrible.
- 14 (16.3%)
I don't care about it.
- 6 (7%)
Sort've funny.
- 15 (17.4%)
Absolutely hilarious.
- 21 (24.4%)
Other Opinion ( Please Post )
- 2 (2.3%)
Don't care / View poll
- 10 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: How To: Train Your Crackhead  (Read 9611 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: How To: Train Your Crackhead
« Reply #105 on: April 25, 2010, 11:34:46 pm »

And yes, anyone can hurt anyone if they really try. Intentionally doing things that cause this risk to skyrocket is something that should be discouraged.
I disagree.
Really? You don't think the law should try to improve safety and order?
Not by doing unjust things.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2010, 11:36:51 pm »

And yes, anyone can hurt anyone if they really try. Intentionally doing things that cause this risk to skyrocket is something that should be discouraged.
I disagree.
It's not unjust. Did you fail reading comprehension in middle school and high school or something? I told you why those laws exist.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2010, 11:39:05 pm »

It's obviously a waste of breath to argue with someone so blinded. Good luck with those drugs.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2010, 11:50:18 pm »

I disagree.
It's not unjust. Did you fail reading comprehension in middle school and high school or something? I told you why those laws exist.
And I told you why I think their unjust. The law makes an assumption. I dont think people should be judged on assumptions no matter how reasonable you think they are.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2010, 12:00:40 am »

I disagree.
And I told you why I think their unjust. The law makes an assumption. I dont think people should be judged on assumptions no matter how reasonable you think they are.
It's not an assumption. It's simple statistical fact that people on drugs, and people addicted to drugs, are many, many times more likely to commit other crimes. The best way to deter it, and to pre-empt it, is to attack the root cause: drug use.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2010, 12:01:55 am »

I have to agree with Pwnzerfaust.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2010, 12:15:47 am »

I disagree.
It's not an assumption. It's simple statistical fact that people on drugs, and people addicted to drugs, are many, many times more likely to commit other crimes. The best way to deter it, and to pre-empt it, is to attack the root cause: drug use.
Statistics aren't facts and pre-emptive attacks based on statistics are based on assumption.

"I assume this guy will commit a robbery becuase he is on crack"

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2010, 12:20:05 am »

I disagree.
Statistics aren't facts and pre-emptive attacks based on statistics are based on assumption.

"I assume this guy will commit a robbery becuase he is on crack"
Wrong. It's more like, "Statistics show that people who use these narcotics will likely commit other crimes. Therefore, these narcotics should be forbidden, and those using them should be locked up for their own protection, and the protection of others."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2010, 12:21:34 am »

It's hardly an issue of statistics alone, too, since we know why it makes them more likely to commit crime.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2010, 12:22:21 am »

Statistics aren't always facts but statistics can be facts. Therefore, if a lot more people commit crimes whilst under the influence of drugs, being under the influence of drugs must be a factor. Therefore people under the influence are dangerous and to prevent an actual crime occurring (one that could very well cause serious harm) why shouldn't people under the influence of drugs be jailed, even for one night?

It's hardly an issue of statistics alone, too, since we know why it makes them more likely to commit crime.

And that too is important.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2010, 12:36:25 am »

I think a lot of this moral debate about his danger to others ignores the fact that it doesnt matter if the law is justified or not in this situation. He got arrested because he used illegal drugs; Cops exist to enforce laws, not morals. Thus even if the law is unjust, they still should have arrested him because he broke the law and they enforce the law. The rest is all just moral theory; interesting, but sort of removed from the reality of what actually happened here.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2010, 12:50:51 am »

Wrong. It's more like, "Statistics show that people who use these narcotics will likely commit other crimes. Therefore, these narcotics should be forbidden, and those using them should be locked up for their own protection, and the protection of others."
That's still an assumption.

why shouldn't people under the influence of drugs be jailed, even for one night?
Becuase while they may have a higher chance of commiting a crime. They have not commited a crime.

Alot of things can increase the chance of a person to commit crime.

Thus even if the law is unjust, they still should have arrested him because he broke the law and they enforce the law.
Im not really upset about the cops though.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2010, 12:54:04 am »

why shouldn't people under the influence of drugs be jailed, even for one night?
Becuase while they may have a higher chance of commiting a crime. They have not commited a crime.

You've heard of drunk tanks, right? Where people seriously over the limit can spend the night so they're not a danger to themselves and others?

In all honesty, if this guy was on drugs, that's probably what happened. Less of an arrest and more them taking him somewhere we he can't, for example, be tricked into running into a pole by a couple of douchebags.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2010, 12:54:36 am »

Yes they have. They took illegal drugs. That's a crime.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2010, 01:00:20 am »

Yes they have. They took illegal drugs. That's a crime.
Whatever man. As far as Im concerned he hasn't done anything wrong.

You've heard of drunk tanks, right? Where people seriously over the limit can spend the night so they're not a danger to themselves and others?

In all honesty, if this guy was on drugs, that's probably what happened. Less of an arrest and more them taking him somewhere we he can't, for example, be tricked into running into a pole by a couple of douchebags.
That is if he was drunk...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12