Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How do you feel about this video?

It's disgusting exploitation and degradation of a human being.
- 18 (20.9%)
It's pretty terrible.
- 14 (16.3%)
I don't care about it.
- 6 (7%)
Sort've funny.
- 15 (17.4%)
Absolutely hilarious.
- 21 (24.4%)
Other Opinion ( Please Post )
- 2 (2.3%)
Don't care / View poll
- 10 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: How To: Train Your Crackhead  (Read 9636 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: How To: Train Your Crackhead
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2010, 10:00:03 pm »

As much as I hate it in general, Cow, they are right. If he's off his head on drugs then he needs to be picked up by the cops before he does harm.
I still dont think so. He has done no harm and should not be persecuted. I dont care what he's on.

Anyone can do harm, this is just profiling.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2010, 10:01:23 pm »

Because you'd rather see a potentially dangerous criminal on the streets than pranksters.
Whatever man. As far as Im concerned he hasn't done anything wrong.

He did illegal drugs. Illegal. Against the law. Wrong. Understand yet?

As much as I hate it in general, Cow, they are right. If he's off his head on drugs then he needs to be picked up by the cops before he does harm.
I still dont think so. He has done no harm and should not be persecuted. I dont care what he's on.

Anyone can do harm, this is just profiling.

Profiling? HE DID ILLEGAL DRUGS! What is so hard to understand?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2010, 10:01:47 pm »

I think it is a crime to be currently on an illegal drug.

NINJAAAAAA'D

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2010, 10:09:14 pm »

I dont think doing illegal drugs is wrong. The law is wrong.

I do however think doing harm to others is wrong. He was doing no harm to anyone.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2010, 10:12:05 pm »

I do however think doing harm to others is wrong. He was doing no harm to anyone.

Good god you're naïve. Do you have any concept whatsoever of the crimes associated with the drug trade? The robbery by addicts trying to score some money to get a fix? The murder by dealers and users who are trying to knock off competition, or just go nuts from their drug usage? Do you have any idea at all?
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2010, 10:17:19 pm »

Good god you're naïve. Do you have any concept whatsoever of the crimes associated with the drug trade? The robbery by addicts trying to score some money to get a fix? The murder by dealers and users who are trying to knock off competition, or just go nuts from their drug usage? Do you have any idea at all?
Yeah I do, but this guy never robbed or murdered anyone. You cant associate him with things he did not do. He is innocent.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2010, 10:20:34 pm »

I'm confused, how do these kids in their apartment way up off the street know the guy is on illegal drugs and not just mentally compromised or drunk? How do any of us know he was on illegal drugs? It looks to me like people are making him out to be a social menace in order to justify enjoying his torment.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2010, 10:22:24 pm »

It's not even that. It's the fact that being impaired while on drugs (some more than others) makes you a danger to yourself and others, period. A dude stumbling around the city while messed up on crystal meth is not good for anyone, no matter where he got it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2010, 10:22:36 pm »

Yeah I do, but this guy never robbed or murdered anyone. You cant associate him with things he did not do. He is innocent.
But if he's on illegal drugs, he's breaking the law. Laws which are there because people sometimes do that because of the drugs.

I'm confused, how do these kids in their apartment way up off the street know the guy is on illegal drugs and not just mentally compromised or drunk? How do any of us know he was on illegal drugs? It looks to me like people are making him out to be a social menace in order to justify enjoying his torment.

I don't think he would have been arrested if he wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:15 pm »

But if he's on illegal drugs, he's breaking the law. Laws which are there because people sometimes do that because of the drugs.
I dont care if he broke the law. The law is wrong.

He could have hurt someone, but anyone can hurt someone. When will you get that I only care about what he really did? He is innocent.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2010, 10:44:21 pm »

I dont care if he broke the law. The law is wrong.

He could have hurt someone, but anyone can hurt someone. When will you get that I only care about what he really did? He is innocent.
No he's fucking not innocent. Illegal drugs are illegal for the reasons I stated earlier. What you're basically saying is that you don't give two shits about the rule of law.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2010, 10:45:04 pm »

So you feel justified in breaking the law, as long as you disagree with it personally? That sort of disregards the entire point of them being laws as opposed to suggestions. Hell, I'll bet a lot of murders think their acts are perfectly justifiable as well.

And yes, anyone can hurt anyone if they really try. Intentionally doing things that cause this risk to skyrocket is something that should be discouraged.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2010, 11:05:56 pm »

Manipulating people for amusement != good or funny

I believe that people who take pleasure in manipulating others for their entertainment are very base, ignorant, and underdeveloped. Anyone with the ability to think, "What if that were me? Or someone I cared for?" would realize that it really isn't funny. Its disgusting and terrifying that someone can be that badly taken advantage of. Things like this make me depair for civilization, just like religious groups killing people over cartoons.

I completely disagree. Also, it's a pure contradiction in itself. If it wasn't funny, it wouldn't be manipulating people for amusement, it would be manipulating people for the sake of manipulation.

And I believe people who make sweeping remarks are very ignorant and underdeveloped.

You realize your last statement is a sweeping statement, right? As such, it includes you? Just pointing that out. Also, amusement doesn't always equate to funny. If you think I was calling you ignorant, then please realize that I didn't equate that quality with you. I mean, unless you personally manipulate others for your amusement. No one here has done that, as far as I know.

To put this record straight, I don't think that its funny. I think that if you do find amusement in suffering to the point that you will cause it to be amused, that is terrible. Personally, I don't really care that they are taking advantage of this guy as it is all likely staged. I don't think that it is impossible to manipulate people for their own good, but I think it may be rather dubious.

Its easy to laught at people on the internet. Its not very personal. Its akin to Urist McSingedbottom digging out the wall of a magma pipe and quickly covering the walls in molten dwarf fat as he explodes. Hilarious because it doesn't seem (or isn't, in Urist's case) real. The differentiating point is that when you are sure it is real, what do you do? Burst out laughing at the pain and suffering of others, feel naught but apathy, or sympathize? What would you want others doing if it were you in pain and suffering?
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2010, 11:19:58 pm »

So you feel justified in breaking the law, as long as you disagree with it personally? That sort of disregards the entire point of them being laws as opposed to suggestions. Hell, I'll bet a lot of murders think their acts are perfectly justifiable as well.
Why do you follow the law? Becuase all of it's justified or becuase some of it's justified?

And yes, anyone can hurt anyone if they really try. Intentionally doing things that cause this risk to skyrocket is something that should be discouraged.
I disagree.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2010, 11:22:20 pm »

Why do you follow the law? Becuase all of it's justified or becuase some of it's justified?

I follow the law because the laws we have promote a safe and orderly society.

I disagree.
Really? You don't think the law should try to improve safety and order?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12