Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lol, Wow, I failed horribly.  (Read 847 times)

mustyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lol, Wow, I failed horribly.
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »

I dug out a pit area, but I had to drain a murky pool, so I made stairs.
I went and assigned all my kitties to the pit, and they just went up the stairs and escaped xD.
Urist McWhiner: But he is better stonecrafter than everybody combined in this fortress!!
Urist McManager: Aye, but he ain't 16 yet. So he hauls stuff

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
Re: Lol, Wow, I failed horribly.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:10:11 pm »

Derp!
(Happens to the best of us)
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:10:56 pm »

not sure what you've got going on with the stairs and the pool, but you can fill pits from buckets.  just mark it as a pond instead of a pit, and they should start filling it up if you have buckets and a water source.

then change it back to a pit, and plop the kitties in.

mustyoshi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 03:12:46 pm »

My original plan was to slaughter them down there, but... I think I want a 'pond' composed of just animals instead of water.
Urist McWhiner: But he is better stonecrafter than everybody combined in this fortress!!
Urist McManager: Aye, but he ain't 16 yet. So he hauls stuff

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 03:20:03 pm »

Someone, Can't remember who, Has a kitten meat grinder.

He just tosses in Gobbo's and other baddies, and watches them get slowly massacared.

You're gonna need a lot of kittens though.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 04:11:08 pm »

Someone, Can't remember who, Has a kitten meat grinder.

He just tosses in Gobbo's and other baddies, and watches them get slowly massacared.

You're gonna need a lot of kittens though.

Its my variant on your standard pit of exploding doom.

Rather than a 20 Z level drop, make it a short, 3-4 Z level drop. Make it a tiny pit, just 2x2. Absolutely fill it with kittens, dogs, horse, donkeys, and every other sort of tame animal you can get your hands on. They will all happily breed in there and not cause any FPS or pathing issues to your meeting zones.

Then introduce goblins into the pit. You can do this in a variety of ways, my favorite is to use water to flush them into the pit.

They are nibbled to death by kittens.

And by nibbled to death, I mean 1 whole goblin turns into 30-40 goblin chunks before they finally die.