Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i make my dorfs SPA  (Read 1325 times)

Spectral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do i make my dorfs SPA
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:52:46 am »

Hey only a quick question.
Spa'ing, How the hell do I get them to do it. I have them doing "individual drills", but i cant get them to spa and increase there skills its extremely frustrating!

I have burrows going, I can get them to kill stuff, equip everything except this one rather important thing! Please help.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: How do i make my dorfs SPA
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 03:58:59 am »

To get them to spa, you need to dump them in a pit of 4/7 water that is heated from below with magma.

To get them to SPAR however, first you'll need a barracks (defined from a weapon or armour rack, they didn't seem to when I defined one from a bed), and secondly they will need to be high enough skilled that their trainer feels they are safe to do so; the more reckless the trainer, the lower skill they need to be. Otherwise they'll just have demonstrations and individual drills.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:37:13 am »

To get them to spa, you need to dump them in a pit of 4/7 water that is heated from below with magma.

This I do not recommend...
This isn't spa'ing, this is cooking.
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 07:08:15 am »

This I do not recommend...
This isn't spa'ing, this is cooking.

Don't worry, they're dwarves. They won't be able to tell the difference until their fat starts to melt and they begin to bleed to death (and even then they should be fine for a few seconds). Alternatively you could try putting them on a dwarven fire diet before sending them into the spa. With no fat to melt, their deaths should be a lot more protracted and painful.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:28:51 pm »

How would you make the water jets though? It's not a spar without water jets.

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:13:56 pm »

Mist Generators are probably the best you can do.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:07:10 pm »

First you need to mod in a reaction to create black tar from bituminous coal.  Then you need to dig a 5 or 6z level pit, and designate a stockpile for the tar nearby.  Finally, when the human diplomat comes, arrange a meeting with him next to the pit.

Then you can shout
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

ISGC

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatters Gonna Hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:12:40 pm »

I get my squad, dig down to a cavern, and set a kill order on an elk bird or something.  All the training you'll ever need.
Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum