Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Finding a specific creature [Spoiler]  (Read 1107 times)

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Finding a specific creature [Spoiler]
« on: April 21, 2010, 03:03:41 am »

So I'm playing a relatively new adventurer, searching a cave for its ettin inhabitant and when I go back to the travel-screen, I notice that there is a creature near the cave that I can travel to. Thinking it would be the ettin I was searching for, I do exactly that, only to find that it was actually a fucking demon who probably used the cave to escape the underground, since it was still unnamed. Not for long though, since it killed my character and her two companions pretty soon without them really having any chance.
Longing for revenge, I quickly re-activate an extremly strong adventurer I retired some time ago but I can't find the beast again. It isn't where a first found it anymore and its legend-profile doesn't say anything about its whereabouts. But I know that named creatures can't just dissappear.
Where can I find this monster?

SIGVARDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Finding a specific creature [Spoiler]
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:04:35 am »

Stop.stop talking about the non-existent monster.we know you killed them,just give yourself up.

Seriously though,it should be in legends,i believe,but if it wasn't there,I'm not sure.something to do with the fact demons are randomly genned from assorted parts now?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 03:33:11 pm »

Demons, like titans, tend to wander a bout till they find themselves a home and just start camping out. The demon may just be somewhere near the cave or it may have wandered away into the wilderness looking for a goblin civilization to control or villages so it can get it's rape and pillage on.

I wonder if rape will ever actually be in this game...

Urist McPersonalspaceissues strike the Swarthy Wench with your Rod of Manliness
YOU MISS!
The Swarthy Wench Counterstrikes!
The Swarthy Wench Bites you in the Rod Of Manliness and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Urist McPersonalspaceissues has been struck down.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 03:37:06 pm by piecewise »

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 04:23:54 pm »

But shouldn't I see it on the map then? Aren't wandering creatures shown as "-" or "=" on the world map?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 04:41:13 pm »

But shouldn't I see it on the map then? Aren't wandering creatures shown as "-" or "=" on the world map?
I think that only applies if they're sentient/have a civ. Otherwise there would be nothing but a billion lines for all the fucking wolves.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 06:35:08 pm »

Well, I've seen lines for all kinds of megabeasts, including deamons.
I think wolves and such aren't really wandering, but created the moment you enter the screen. If they'd really exist before the game would need to do all their pathfinding as well and that would probably make it too slow to play.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:37:27 pm by Glanzor »