Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 6 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 46136 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 6 - Day 2: Demotivational
« Reply #405 on: May 13, 2010, 06:55:10 pm »

Mr.Person why are you twisting so many words around? I mean really? And/or does not mean and.

His arguments are not contradictory, he just does not know which one is true? Do you never give more than one augment at a time?

Also nice job taking them out of context.

You can't have and/or in mafia. You can only have one opinion. Anything else is hedging or shifting opinion for no reason, which is what the scum does.

Show me one time I've taken Jokerman's quotes out of context.

Oh come on, that is so dumb. It can be that easy sometimes If x is scum than y is town and Vica versa (Or how ever you spell it.)

Here is the entire quote that you took out of context:
Hahaha! I am the more intelligent and devillishly handsome soppleganger of Org!
Fear me.

Org, I mean he just claimed Sopple!

No, but seriously. Unvote. JTF, try to relax a bit. I haven't even posted since then.

Jokerman still hasn't said what he was accusing Meph and Janus of earlier.

Okay, either you're retarded or I am. I'm willing to say that maybe it's me, because if I recall correctly I wrote the accusatory post while completely blasted off my ass.

Basically, I was accusing Meph and/or Janus of trying to buss Ottofar. I was saying that since they were pushing for a shortening while only one of them had their vote on Ottofar, then there was clearly some kind of shenanigans at work, and that Ottofar was trying to noob buss for the scum.

However, after seeing that he AND Meph flipped townie, then clearly I was in the wrong. However, you must admit that I had a point in that the whole situation looked scummy because it was very conveniently placed to end the day with the votes all on the noob kid. My suspicions at this point consist of Janus and, honestly, Org and Pandarsenic (though the last two are slightly less suspicious in my eyes).

You took one small slice to attack him on when he was in fact saying that that was wrong. It would be like you taking

I am not scum

And turning it into

I am scum

What do you mean by ignoring spirit?

He is saying that unless I say the word scum I don't think Org is scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 13, 2010, 06:56:07 pm »

Why are you defending Jokerman?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 13, 2010, 06:56:57 pm »

you said scum, but you don't think I am mafia...
He is 100% correct.
I am the Serial Killer Voter.
My votes turn into serial killers.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 13, 2010, 06:58:34 pm »

Show me one specific quote I've misrepresented.

You're misrepresenting his opinion because you're quoting him out of context. Here's the full text of Jokerman-EXE's post, something you don't seem keen to look at.

Janus and Meph, you're pushing for a shortening of the day while only Janus has his vote on Ottofar. This makes me think that one or both of you is scum and you're pushing to lynch a townie Day 1.

Meph, why are you voting Vector if you're hoping that Ottofar gets lynched? As a matter of fact, Ottofar. What are you pushing for a day-shorten and lynch when you're the one that's going to get killed?

Noob bus, probably. Ottofar, you're scum, and either Janus or Meph (or both, I forget how many scum there are) is your scumbuddy. Shorten.

Take a step back. Does it really look like Jokerman-EXE is definitively saying Ottofar is town here? No, his conclusion is that either Mephansteras or JanusTwoFace is trying to bus Ottofar. He did not say definitively that Ottofar was town, as he was only speculating on the point.

As you've pointed out, he was voting Ottofar at that point, and he in previous posts said he thought Ottofar was scum. There is no contradiction in his opinion here.

You're trying to force Jokerman-EXE into an inconsistency by taking one part of one post out of context and ignoring everything else.

FAKEEDIT: God dammit, ninja'd again by criptfeind.

Way to ignore the spirit and go after technicalities.

Also even taking out the posts you did not talk to me that is stretching "basically" beyond any logical limits.

Obviously voting someone several times does not count for calling someone scum.

You're weaseling out of calling Org scum by saying he's not helpful and a bunch of other things, because you know he's town and you're scared to call him scum. You're a weasel, and weasels are scum.

He is 100% correct.

*sigh*

You sure know how to help your case, Org.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 13, 2010, 07:01:47 pm »

He is 100% correct.

Where are the extra players then?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 13, 2010, 07:02:59 pm »

Because, you know, Wuba does stuff like that.
But, I joke alot.

GOOD JOB CRIPT, SCUM BUD!
JUST MAKE ME LOOK LIKE TOWN AND WHEN WE LYNCH YOU SCUM, I WILL LOOK GOOD.
OH NOES, MY POST IS REVEALING OUR PLAN. I AM AGHAST.
CRIPT DID IT.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 13, 2010, 07:03:19 pm »

He is 100% correct.

Where are the extra players then?
Hiding in motels, trying to avoid the cops.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 13, 2010, 07:03:55 pm »

Oh come on, that is so dumb. It can be that easy sometimes If x is scum than y is town and Vica versa (Or how ever you spell it.)

That's not what I'm talking about per say. I'm talking about not being able to make up one's mind. That is NOT ok. You MUST call one or the other player scum. You can't just sit there and say "I think Player A is scum. I think Player B is scum because he's trying to go for the easy lynch on Player A." Replace Player A with Ottofar and Player B with Janus and you've got Jokerman's argument. Do you understand now?

Here is the entire quote that you took out of context:
Hahaha! I am the more intelligent and devillishly handsome soppleganger of Org!
Fear me.

Org, I mean he just claimed Sopple!

No, but seriously. Unvote. JTF, try to relax a bit. I haven't even posted since then.

Jokerman still hasn't said what he was accusing Meph and Janus of earlier.

Okay, either you're retarded or I am. I'm willing to say that maybe it's me, because if I recall correctly I wrote the accusatory post while completely blasted off my ass.

Basically, I was accusing Meph and/or Janus of trying to buss Ottofar. I was saying that since they were pushing for a shortening while only one of them had their vote on Ottofar, then there was clearly some kind of shenanigans at work, and that Ottofar was trying to noob buss for the scum.

However, after seeing that he AND Meph flipped townie, then clearly I was in the wrong. However, you must admit that I had a point in that the whole situation looked scummy because it was very conveniently placed to end the day with the votes all on the noob kid. My suspicions at this point consist of Janus and, honestly, Org and Pandarsenic (though the last two are slightly less suspicious in my eyes).

You took one small slice to attack him on when he was in fact saying that that was wrong. It would be like you taking

And in what way was that small slice incorrect because of the removal of the parts around it?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 13, 2010, 08:06:15 pm »

That's not what I'm talking about per say. I'm talking about not being able to make up one's mind. That is NOT ok. You MUST call one or the other player scum. You can't just sit there and say "I think Player A is scum. I think Player B is scum because he's trying to go for the easy lynch on Player A." Replace Player A with Ottofar and Player B with Janus and you've got Jokerman's argument. Do you understand now?

And in what way was that small slice incorrect because of the removal of the parts around it?

No. I do not understand now, that is the entire concept of busing and seems to not really be why you are attacking him.

You took I thought it was A but it turns out to be B
and broke it into:

it was A
B

That is literally what you did.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 13, 2010, 08:11:29 pm »

You're weaseling out of calling Org scum by saying he's not helpful and a bunch of other things, because you know he's town and you're scared to call him scum. You're a weasel, and weasels are scum.

I am pretty fucking tired of this. I am not afraid. You seem to think that just because I never pepper my posts with buzzwords that I don't think he is scum.

He is scum.

Mafia=Scum
Weird third party that he jokingly claims to be=Scum
A Towny I don't want in the game because he is screwing us all over=scum

He needs to die, how hard is that for you?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 13, 2010, 08:17:04 pm »

I am not screwing this over.
You said this in a post:
Org is scum.

Not sure if he is mafia.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #416 on: May 13, 2010, 08:50:25 pm »

From what I understand, Jokerman-EXE thinks Meph and JTF are suspicious for requesting a shortening (an opinion I do not share). He assumes a few possibilities, that either both of them are scum trying to lynch a townie, or one of them is scum trying to bus his partner. Considering how scummy he thinks Ottofar is, he assumes that it's a noob bus.

For the record, I never did vote for a shortening.  I just thought that it was suspicious that we got an extension based on two votes for it right after the previous one.  And I did think Ottofar was scum.  Even if I were scum, I don't think I'd push a bus day 1 again (Paranormal 15).

He is 100% correct.

When were you last helpful this game?  I honestly cannot remember.

Mafia=Scum

True.

Weird third party that he jokingly claims to be=Scum

Until I see third parties in the game, false.

A Towny I don't want in the game because he is screwing us all over=scum

No.  Unhelpful town is unhelpful town.  Mafia is scum.  Not the same thing.

Org is scum.

On the other hand, it can be fun taking quotes out of context.

Jokerman-EXE is scum.  'More later' plus town/not town post plus trying to put words in my mouth (and Meph's who is guaranteed to be town).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 13, 2010, 09:13:52 pm »

Ignoring cript to not look suspicious, eh Janus?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #418 on: May 13, 2010, 09:17:49 pm »

Eh?  I still think Criptfeind is scummy.  I think you're scummy.  But I think Jokerman is more scummy right now, thus the vote.  Pity you can't all be scum.  Because that means we have at least another townie acting scummy.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 13, 2010, 09:19:52 pm »

Janus, are you scum, mafia, or any role with an anti-town alignment?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47