Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 47

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 6 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 46217 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 6 - Day 2: Demotivational
« Reply #360 on: May 12, 2010, 07:48:37 pm »

No, no it isn't.  OMGUSing for a reason generally isn't a null tell.  Just plain OMGUSing... ?  That's a scumtell.

FoS Mr.Person for protecting Jim Groovester.

OMGUS isn't a scumtell because actions aren't really scumtells, it's thought patterns that are scumtells. Janus may have OMGUS'd, but did he really think Vector is scum? You can't tell based solely on the fact he OMGUS'd, you have to read into it. Here's an example for you to chew on. Murdering is bad, yes? Murderers are scum, right? What if I kill Hitler? Wrong action for the right reasons, would I still be scum? (DO NOT ANSWER THIS, PLEASE)

Of course, there are some actions that are kind of scumtells, but the thought process is again what really matters. Suppose Org lurked. He knows it's bad, he should never do it. If he does, he's scum, but only because he's thinking he can get away with not doing things that he should be doing, but might incriminate him. For our example, rape would be scummy under all circumstances. It's not possible to justify. Which is why the real scumtell would be thinking rape is ok. Actually raping someone is unnecessary, just thinking it's ok to rape is proof enough that the person is scum.

Of course in mafia and real life, it's not easy to tell what a person is thinking, so actions are great clues. However, the actions themselves mean nothing, you have to read the thoughts behind the actions to derive any real meaning. So you tell me: Did Jim OMGUS Vector because he legitimately thought Vector was scum or to save his own ass? I think he thinks Vector is scum, so yeah, I'm going to defend him from unwarranted attacks. Of course, I dunno what Jim's thinking either, so you're going to have to ask him yourself if you want to prove me wrong.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 12, 2010, 07:55:52 pm »

He threw too much suspicion on people.  JTF's scumgame involves making lists and pretty much passiving his way through things: see Near-Mountainous Mafia and Vote Mafia V, as well as Paranormal 13.  The way he's been playing looks kind of like his scum game.

I stopped voting for him because I'd completely lost my place, so I voted the first suspicious thing that came by.

Vote Mafia 5? I believe you are mistaken. JTF wasn't scum in that game.

JTF this game has been considerably more active than you are, so I don't know how he can be passiving his way through things. How about an example with a link?

What about:

Thanks.
Also, that overdefensiveness is probably my newbishness.

I'm voting you tomorrow.

As for today, however... JanusTwoFace.  You're playing your scum game again, and botching it up as usual.

What made JTF scummier than Ottofar at that point?

Also, why couldn't you look into criptfeind's behavior yourself instead of telling other people to do it?

Also, 'Feeling introverted' is just about the biggest BS excuse for lurking I've seen.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 12, 2010, 08:01:09 pm »

Also, 'Feeling introverted' is just about the biggest BS excuse for lurking I've seen.

I object to that. You must have never "felt introverted."

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 12, 2010, 08:17:48 pm »

Oh, I've felt introverted before. But Vector's played mafia as long as I have (if not as many games) and shouldn't be 'feeling introverted' with people she plays Mafia games with constantly.

For the vote count X's are 0. It just freaks when I use 0

Thanks for clearing that up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 12, 2010, 08:26:24 pm »

4, then.  Whichever one I replaced ExKirby in.  ToonyMan was the partner, IIRC.

Thanks.
Also, that overdefensiveness is probably my newbishness.

I'm voting you tomorrow.

As for today, however... JanusTwoFace.  You're playing your scum game again, and botching it up as usual.

What made JTF scummier than Ottofar at that point?

Also, why couldn't you look into criptfeind's behavior yourself instead of telling other people to do it?

Newbies get second chances, period.  I give them until D2 to clean up their act before I throw them in the meat grinder.  It's my policy, and it's worked well thus far.  Usually noobs manage to clean up by then.

As far as criptfeind, what I meant was mostly a note of caution: "Hey guys, I know this guy's meta so you should be careful!  He's not your average noob."

That's one of my buttons.  Don't push it.

Oh, I've felt introverted before. But Vector's played mafia as long as I have (if not as many games) and shouldn't be 'feeling introverted' with people she plays Mafia games with constantly.

No, I'm feeling universally introverted.  Perhaps withdrawn would be a better word?  Sometimes you just don't want to spend time with people.  I'm a bit of a loner, and even more so right now.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 12, 2010, 08:52:26 pm »

As far as criptfeind, what I meant was mostly a note of caution: "Hey guys, I know this guy's meta so you should be careful!  He's not your average noob."

I don't believe you. If you said criptfeind needed looking into, you could've done it right then and there. If you just wanted to make a note about criptfeind's meta, you could've done that without saying he needed looking into.

But you did both, so you wanted everybody else to do your footwork instead of you.

Apparently throwing out too much suspicion is a scum tell, but pointing it out and not acting on it is not.

Vector is not intimidating.

No, I'm feeling universally introverted.  Perhaps withdrawn would be a better word?  Sometimes you just don't want to spend time with people.  I'm a bit of a loner, and even more so right now.

Your real life issues do not concern me, and whether or not you're feeling lonely right now has no bearing on whether or not you are scum. I only care about the latter.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 12, 2010, 08:53:33 pm »

Heh, Vector you usually aren't introverted.  I think it's a scum tell as well, but it's odd in that you keep replying even though you're being reserved.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #367 on: May 12, 2010, 09:08:25 pm »

I was talking to Jim, I meant lying bout your role, so it must be a redirector who either hit the DV or Jim is.

Then why did you say that I was lying?

Orgity orgity org.

Why are you so useless?

Do you have a better reason than this?  I'm still getting the repeater vibe from you.

I think JanusTwoFace is the Vote Replacer. Three people voted him yesterday: criptfeind, ToonyMan, and Vector. All their votes swapped with his, giving him their votes. ToonyMan doesn't have a vote, so he couldn't give JTF one, giving him just two extra. That would explain the four votes on Ottofar. I hope that's the way the Vote Replacer works, but Ottofar was completely useless in that regard.

I think you're probably correct.  Thank you for figuring that out.  Curse you Ottofar for looking too scummy but not revealing the whole role PM!

What have I done?  Mostly nothing.  I'm keeping a low profile because I'm feeling introverted, and I'm not particularly afraid that someone will "catch on to my being scum"--because I'm town.

That sounds like Org's excuse yesterday, not talking because he'll look scummy.  It's scummy on you too.

No, but seriously. Unvote. JTF, try to relax a bit. I haven't even posted since then.

Took me a bit to figure out what you were refering to, but I got it.  I'm not actually worried.  It's just a rather scummy thing to constantly promise a 'more later' post but not actually deliver on it.  Looks helpful without actually being helpful.  You posted 'more later' so you're fine.

4, then.  Whichever one I replaced ExKirby in.  ToonyMan was the partner, IIRC.

Yes.  Vote Mafia 4.  We won flawlessly in that one.  If you want a list of games I've been scum in let me know, although I think that I tend towards passive as town as well and always do like lists.  I think more about my posts when I'm scum though, if that helps.

Right now, I'm thinking most about Criptfeind.  Mostly for constantly bringing up other's ideas without adding much of your own.  I'm also suspicious of Org for the sudden appearant brain transplant that actually seems to be making him sound sane.  Unfortunately, it's a change I approve of, so lynching would seem counterproductive.  Hmm.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 12, 2010, 10:02:30 pm »

Vector is not intimidating.

You can have warnings before I flip out and melt down, or you can just have the flipout.  I hear I'm much easier to deal with when I don't randomly spew crazy everywhere.

My concerns may not be important to you, but sometimes you're just going to have to listen.  You can have coherent Vector or button-pressing, but not both.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 12, 2010, 10:06:02 pm »

Heh, Vector you usually aren't introverted.  I think it's a scum tell as well, but it's odd in that you keep replying even though you're being reserved.

I just don't feel like going and trawling through the archives.  I'm sitting here distracting myself with the forums so I don't have to think about all the other stuff that's going on in my life.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 12, 2010, 10:27:51 pm »

I just don't feel like going and trawling through the archives.  I'm sitting here distracting myself with the forums so I don't have to think about all the other stuff that's going on in my life.

Then don't talk about them.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 12, 2010, 10:54:47 pm »

Unvote Jim. Vote ToonyMan, because posting TVTropes links is clearly an attempt to derail discussion.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 12, 2010, 11:46:34 pm »

Then don't talk about them.

... I'm not.  You lot asked me a question, and I answered it.  I gave you no more information that was really necessary.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 13, 2010, 01:52:25 pm »

Unvote Jim. Vote ToonyMan, because posting TVTropes links is clearly an attempt to derail discussion.

Clearly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 13, 2010, 02:31:05 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Vector - Jim Groovester,
Jokerman-EXE - Mr.Person,
ToonyMan - Pandarsenic,