Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 6 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 46009 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Vote Mafia 6 - Day 1: No Flavor Is Good Flavor
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2010, 01:33:20 pm »

That's because there is someone scummy in basically every post you've made to some degree or another.

Both #56 and #158 are sides of the same issue.  Basically you seem overly defensive when there's not too much reason to be so just then.

Also:

Day Extended to Thursday 9 PM Central.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2010, 01:36:32 pm »

Thanks.
Also, that overdefensiveness is probably my newbishness.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2010, 01:38:12 pm »

[spoiler=Jokerman-EXE]
Reply #161 - Posting from phone, but promised "more later" post (which hasn't shown up yet)

*looks up* Did too.

PFP.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2010, 01:49:04 pm »

Unvote Pandarsenic.

ToonyMan, you're sidelining heavily. You've been voting Jim without giving your own reasons and making posts without substance since that whole argument began. I'd like to hear your reasoning.

Nope I'm not sidelining, I have given reasons as well.

Extra bit of suspicion on Toonyman and Mephansteras for posting little enough that I didn't find any specific scummy posts while scanning through.  Than Mr.Person and Vector for only having one each and Pandarsenic for barely having two.  It's likely enough that the scum team has one player that's obvious and one that's not.

Scum for not finding anything scummy?  That's laughable.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2010, 01:53:21 pm »

You have 7 posts (paged by my forum settings):

Spoiler: Jokerman-EXE's posts (click to show/hide)

So yeah.  You're lurking pretty heavily.  You first say it's because of your role, but I've already seen that discussed at least once in Vote Mafia.  Even if you have no control over your vote, you still need to apply pressure and find scum.  Otherwise you're worse than useless to the town because we have to suspect you for lurking.  Just don't vote if you're worried about your role.

And you've said you were "reading over the thread now for analysis" last page and would post more later on this page.  When I see those, I expect something at least a few paragraphs of analysis.  Which is mostly just my style, but it would be nice if others would do it too.  Gives scum a lot more chance to slip up.

As far as claiming: We probably would have figured that one out pretty quickly unless you jump to who you were voting otherwise.  So basically, you're using it as an excuse to lurk.  Claiming by itself: meh, fine.  Claiming to lurk: bad.  So don't lurk.  Post more when you find computer access.  Or type a lot on your phone (I know that's not fun, I did it some the week I was out of the country a few weeks ago).

Extra bit of suspicion on Toonyman and Mephansteras for posting little enough that I didn't find any specific scummy posts while scanning through.  Than Mr.Person and Vector for only having one each and Pandarsenic for barely having two.  It's likely enough that the scum team has one player that's obvious and one that's not.

Scum for not finding anything scummy?  That's laughable.

The five players I mentioned are all players that have been on the boards for longer than I have.  At different points, I've seen each of them (probably, cannot remember for sure) be town and scum and often impressively scum.

So it's not at all wrong to look for someone that's *too perfect*.  Heck, you see it in movies all the time.  :P

It's also means you may have been on the borders of lurking (it's day 1, slow starts meh) which isn't good either.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2010, 02:11:24 pm »

@Janus: You can't accuse someone as scum because "they're too perfect" or whatever the fuck you're saying. This is, literally, what you're saing:

"I don't think ToonyMan or Pand are scum, but maybe they are. I dunno! I have no opinion!"

Which is a great way to keep your options open and spread unwarrented suspiscion if you're scum. If you're town, it makes you useless, since you're not really accusing anyone of anything nor are you saying who you think is suspiscious.

Really?

Wow.
This makes me want to unvote.
Also, try not to use another's reasons.

Bwhahahahahahahaha! That slaps me on da knee!

Alright, be a hypocrite. Continue being scummy. Whatever.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2010, 02:19:09 pm »

Thanks.

I'm voting you tomorrow.

As for today, however... JanusTwoFace.  You're playing your scum game again, and botching it up as usual.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2010, 02:21:15 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Vector - Pandarsenic,
Jokerman-EXE -
ToonyMan - Jokerman-EXE,
Jim Groovester - ToonyMan, Org,
JanusTwoface - Vector,
Org - Mr.Person, criptfeind, Ottofar,
Pandarsenic -
Mr.Person -
Mephansteras -
Ottofar - JanusTwoface,
criptfeind -

Not Voting - Mephansteras,

Day ends Thursday 9 PM Central. 2 Extensions Heard.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2010, 02:25:23 pm »

@Janus: You can't accuse someone as scum because "they're too perfect" or whatever the fuck you're saying. This is, literally, what you're saing:

"I don't think ToonyMan or Pand are scum, but maybe they are. I dunno! I have no opinion!"

Which is a great way to keep your options open and spread unwarrented suspiscion if you're scum. If you're town, it makes you useless, since you're not really accusing anyone of anything nor are you saying who you think is suspiscious.

I'm saying those five haven't said enough, especially Pandarsenic (6 pointless posts out of 10 and all 4 of those were crazy short) and Mephansteras (6 useful post out of 9 mostly being reactive).  For reference, I'd expect closer to 15 posts on average based on how long the games been running.  And bull on not attacking anyone:  Ottofar is scum.

Thanks.

I'm voting you tomorrow.

As for today, however... JanusTwoFace.  You're playing your scum game again, and botching it up as usual.

Nope. Town game. And if I get lynched I hope to hell you all look back at what I've said.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2010, 02:33:53 pm »

@Vector
I think quite many players will vote for me, and, you might get NK:d to frame me.

Also, @Janus, I'm not scum, I'm playing Orgishly. Because I'm newbie. I also think that saying: "They haven't done anything scummy, therefore they must be scum!" is quite irrational.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2010, 02:37:45 pm »

Also, @Janus, I'm not scum, I'm playing Orgishly. Because I'm newbie. I also think that saying: "They haven't done anything scummy, therefore they must be scum!" is quite irrational.

Fix it.  And we should lynch Org when he does it too, although we don't "because he's Org".  Ug.

And repeating other players without adding new content is also scummy (and you've done it more than once, see previous list).

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2010, 02:44:15 pm »

You mean that last post is the second time? I meant that I agree with the people saying it's irrational. It's actually irrational in kind of same way as my paranoia-episode. Of which half was joke.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2010, 02:59:57 pm »

I think quite many players will vote for me, and, you might get NK:d to frame me.

Okay.  You know what?  No, no, and no.  I've played with noobs before, and this is not how townies look.  Seriously, quit it or hang.  I'm giving you one day of grace, and if you shape up then I won't have to eat you--but as-is, you're like a scum-tell-o-matic, here.

Nope. Town game. And if I get lynched I hope to hell you all look back at what I've said.

Nice jump.  There's only one vote on you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2010, 03:03:57 pm »

Vector, that was not a threat. It was merely speculation, since you said that you will vote for me tomorrow, it would be easy to frame me.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2010, 03:05:05 pm »

I'm saying those five haven't said enough, especially Pandarsenic (6 pointless posts out of 10 and all 4 of those were crazy short) and Mephansteras (6 useful post out of 9 mostly being reactive).  For reference, I'd expect closer to 15 posts on average based on how long the games been running.  And bull on not attacking anyone:  Ottofar is scum.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47