Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Economy?  (Read 441 times)

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
Economy?
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:56:35 pm »

Anyone know what it takes to activate the economy, now? Is it population dependent at all? I can never seem to get to this stage of things, and I dearly want to. Also, is it mod able to be able to make the economy turn on earlier?

Wulfe
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

Kza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Economy?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 09:59:35 pm »

EDIT: IGNORE ME AND MY 40D KNOWLEDGE THAT DOESN'T BELONG HERE-- MODS CAN DELETE THIS STUPIDFEST OF MY POST BECAUSE I CAN'T
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 10:02:17 pm by Kza »
And then it's pretty much a normal fortress from then on.
I find the idea of a normal fortress amusing.

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 10:13:09 pm »

No worries man, we're all still getting used to the new version. :D To clarify, yes I'm talking about 0.31's economy, not 40d.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."

Kza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 10:14:18 pm »

Since I want to state the obvious/wiki:
It's no longer tied to the baron, or so it appears on the wiki.
And then it's pretty much a normal fortress from then on.
I find the idea of a normal fortress amusing.

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 10:20:31 pm »

Right, but there's no real info about the economy's condition, last. I checked. Yeah, currently, it's utterly blank on the wiki, so I need someone knowledgeable or atleast who has experienced the economy in .31 to give me some kind of clue.