Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can you answer a servey on realtionships for my psychology h/w?  (Read 2176 times)

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If any of the moderators feel this is inappropriate or it violates the forums rules, I humbly request they lock/delete/destroy this thread at their whim.

I know it may sound homophobic, but could only people in heterosexual relationships respond? I'm sorry, but it makes my life a lot easier when it comes to discussing the results...

I need to do a questionnaire on relationships for psychology, so came up with this one. I'm supposed to ask people at college but I'm not sure my teacher will let me use this (honestly suck at coming up with these) but maybe if I already have results I can convince her....

So yeah, please can you take some time to fill this in? Pwetty pwease? *puppy dog eyes*

First of all this is completely anonymous but since I don't have time to set up a php answer system online and couldn't find a free web-solution that permitted enough questions...
Please PM me your results, I'm not going to judge or even care, or even look at/remember your names (Scouts Honour). It'll get dumped into an excel spreadsheet and that'll be that ^.^

Questions:
Are you male or female?

How old are you in years?

Are you presently in a monogamous, romantic (emotionally intimate) relationship?

Have you been in a monogamous romantic relationship at some point in the past two years?
If you are currently single, and if you feel comfortable writing such, what is the reason(s) you and your previous partner separated?

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being extremely unattractive, 10 being extremely attractive, how physically attractive would you rate yourself?

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being extremely unattractive, 10 being extremely attractive, how physically attractive would you rate your partner/previous partner?

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being very unimportant, 10 being very important, how important do you believe physical attractiveness is in a relationship?

During the relationship, have you ever felt dissatisfied with your partner/previous partner? [ Y / n ]

Have you ever cheated (i.e Unpermitted sexual behaviours with someone not in the relationship) on any of your monogamous partners?

Have you ever been in a situation where it would be possible to cheat on any of your partners, but elected not to?

Have you ever cheated on your current/previous partner?

Have you ever had a partner cheat on you?

Has your current/previous partner ever cheated on you?

In the event your partner cheated on you, and were generally regretful of this, how likely on a scale of 1 to 10, one being never and 10 being definitely, do you think you would be to continue the relationship?

If you feel comfortable doing so, could you please give an explanation as to your answer to the previous question?

END OF QUESTIONS

Thank you very much for your time ^.^
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:28:16 pm by TheDarkJay »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Can you answer a servey on realtionships for my psychology h/w?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:57:35 pm »

I'm bored so okay why not?

... Wait. Oh fuck it. You just had to add that other bit. Yes it does sound homophobic.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »

I don't get how it makes things easier for you? Can't you just ask people to declare the type of relationships? Does preference even matter?

I mean, if it was a study of hetrosexual relationships, I'd understand.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 06:10:14 pm »

What does it mean by romantic?

I've had just physical play relationship, emotionally intimate but platonic relationship. There also friends with benefits on spectrums with and without emotional intimacy. I've had serious emotional and physical committed relationship that were mostly monogamous.

So what of the gambit does romantic mean?

Edit:

What is the definition of cheat in this context? Its kinda of a nebulous term.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:12:23 pm by MrWiggles »
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 06:13:38 pm »

Sorry, badly worded. My bad. I guess "emotional intimacy" fits the bill pretty well..."Romantic love"? I hate doing research on relationships simply because it's so god damned abstract >.<

About the homosexuality thing: Really sorry, but I have a good reason. It's to do with the hypothesis and the theory it's extrapolated from. The theory itself only covers Heterosexual relationships so unfortunately this 'derivative hypothesis' and all attempts to test it has to have the same limitation.

EDIT: I've added some clarifiers to the questionnaire (such as the word monogamous). Writing these things is annoying but educational XD
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:17:53 pm by TheDarkJay »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 06:16:17 pm »

You can't have homosexuality as a control? You never quite know what you can find. Although it may be too late to change things, and I understand why you would not want the hypothesis to contaminate the results.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 06:19:40 pm »

Sorry, badly worded. My bad. I guess "emotional intimacy" fits the bill pretty well..."Romantic love"? I hate doing research on relationships simply because it's so god damned abstract >.<

About the homosexuality thing: Really sorry, but I have a good reason. It's to do with the hypothesis and the theory it's extrapolated from. The theory itself only covers Heterosexual relationships so unfortunately this 'derivative' from it has to have the same limitation.

EDIT: I've added some clarifiers to the questionnaire (such as the word monogamous). Writing these things is annoying but educational XD
What if I had a relationship who my partner was in a relationship was homosexual and shared emotional intimacy but it was platonic cause she dont swing that way? (Not a really serious inquiry, just sorta pokin fun now. Polyamrious relation models always fuck things up.)

Still would like a definition on 'Cheat' for the survey, then I'll answer them.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 06:21:15 pm »

You can't have homosexuality as a control? You never quite know what you can find. Although it may be too late to change things, and I understand why you would not want the hypothesis to contaminate the results.

We can't offer critique to the procedures without knowing them.

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 06:24:28 pm »

Cheating: "Unpermitted sexual behaviours with someone not in the relationship"?

Keeping these questionnaires clear and concise is difficult XD

If you like I'll tell you the basic hypothesis when I've collected the information I need ^^

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 06:31:45 pm »

Are you male or female?
Male

How old are you in years?

Are you presently in a monogamous, romantic (emotionally intimate) relationship?
No

Have you been in a monogamous romantic relationship at some point in the past two years?
If you are currently single, and if you feel comfortable writing such, what is the reason(s) you and your previous partner separated?
Yes. Lack of time to be committed. It changed from monogamous to friends with benefits type deal.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being extremely unattractive, 10 being extremely attractive, how physically attractive would you rate yourself?
Dressed up, 7. 99% of the other time, 5 or so.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being extremely unattractive, 10 being extremely attractive, how physically attractive would you rate your partner/previous partner?
I'm a fairly biased source, aren't I? 8 or 9.

On a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being very unimportant, 10 being very important, how important do you believe physical attractiveness is in a relationship? 4

During the relationship, have you ever felt dissatisfied with your partner/previous partner? [ Y / n ]

Of course.

Have you ever cheated (i.e sexual behaviours with someone else) on any of your monogamous partners?

Nope.

Have you ever been in a situation where it would be possible to cheat on any of your partners, but elected not to?

Sure.

Have you ever cheated on your current/previous partner?

Nope.

Have you ever had a partner cheat on you?

Probably.

Has your current/previous partner ever cheated on you?

Probably not.

In the event your partner cheated on you, and were generally regretful of this, how likely on a scale of 1 to 10, one being never and 10 being definitely, do you think you would be to continue the relationship?

If you feel comfortable doing so, could you please give an explanation as to your answer to the previous question?

In a D/s relationship trust is paramount, even more so then a vanilla one due to some of the more fun activity that I partake in.

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:38:10 pm »

Thank you for the response ^^ I have it written down now so if you'd like you can edit it out? Your choice.

And of course anyone else who wants to respond can PM me their response instead of posting it :)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 06:53:56 pm »

Oh sure, and you don't need clarifcation on vanilla or D/s in this context?

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 07:03:45 pm »

Not really, such clarification could not be sought usually anyway so best to leave it as-is ^^ Inherent flaw in questionnaires as a medium of gathering information =)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:17:05 pm by TheDarkJay »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 09:45:39 pm »

Sex:
Male

Relationship:
Nope.

In the past two years:
Maybe, depends how you care to define emotionally intimate.

Personal attractiveness:

Partner:

Importance:

Relationship dissatisfaction:
Nope. I fucked it up, not her.

Cheating?
Over the course of a week and a half? Not really.

Possible to cheat?
It never occurred to me. Maybe if I had tried hard enough. I guess.

Cheating (all remaining)
No.

Continue a relationship with a cheater?

Explanation:
I'm not a particularly social person. The common consensus amongst those who know me is that I will find one girl and never see anyone else. That or I'll get my ass killed earlier. Honestly, I'd probably look for someone else. Loyalty is important. However, so is forgiveness.

Explanation of Strife's singular relationship:
I really like a female in JROTC who's a year older than me. I eventually worked up the courage to ask her to the military ball. She agreed; however, the day before the ball, she said that she wouldn't enjoy the ball and didn't want me to be stuck with her at it (attendance for her was required). I honestly think that I misled her when asking her (making it seem like it wasn't a serious date) then coming on too strong when I asked what color corsage I should get. I'm a fucking idiot and haven't felt the need to dabble in relationshipy things since.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 11:18:13 pm »

[serious]I feel like I need to hug strife.[/serious]

Serious tag for clarity.
Pages: [1] 2